Modding Questions Thread

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby Zomba69 » Sat 24 Jun 2017 16:35

Anyone tried to use Steel Division modding tools for Wargame modding?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 24 Jun 2017 17:22

Until we start modding the tools themselves, I believe that the two are incompatible.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

tgb874
Private

Postby tgb874 » Wed 12 Jul 2017 19:33

The W:AB Noob wrote:Until we start modding the tools themselves, I believe that the two are incompatible.

@The W:AB Noob

excuse me,how can i change a unit's weapon to NLOS missile like HJ-10(china) or Polypheme (Germany)?

unit i want to change :ITO-90
the UNIT i use for example : M752 LANCER [france]

i try to change 89 TAmmunition - 518 projectileType to 1 like M752 , i set PorteeMaximale etc. and IsFireAndForget is true
it show [CORR] but it can’t shot without sight like M752,and missile also show it is ground-to-air guided missile (but can use “T” ) and it ' didn't have Fire animation (but have sound)

what should i do?

Sorry for my poor english
THX a lot

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 14 Jul 2017 15:18

tgb874 wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:Until we start modding the tools themselves, I believe that the two are incompatible.

excuse me,how can i change a unit's weapon to NLOS missile like HJ-10(china) or Polypheme (Germany)?

i try to change 89 TAmmunition - 518 projectileType to 1 like M752 , i set PorteeMaximale etc. and IsFireAndForget is true
it show [CORR] but it can’t shot without sight like M752,and missile also show it is ground-to-air guided missile (but can use “T” ) and it ' didn't have Fire animation (but have sound)

what should i do?

THX a lot

Sorry, I don't know much about missile modding and I do not have the Modding Suite on me. Hopefully someone here can help you out. Sorry again :(

tgb874
Private

Postby tgb874 » Sat 15 Jul 2017 07:39

The W:AB Noob wrote:
tgb874 wrote:

what should i do?

THX a lot

Sorry, I don't know much about missile modding and I do not have the Modding Suite on me. Hopefully someone here can help you out. Sorry again :(

do you know anyone who knows a lot about missle modding? :?:

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Mon 17 Jul 2017 01:05

tgb874 wrote:

what should i do?

THX a lot

The game handles direct fire missiles like the NLOS and indirect artillery missiles like the Lance differently.
The way the game does it, indirect missiles are just like artillery shells.

The fire animations and rocket contrails are in ApperanceModel --> TTimleyRecieverFactoryCarrier --> DepictionTemplate --> Actions

To get the full range of indirect fire features you'll need to use a cannon weapon rather than a missile, then try;

TirIndirect = True
FX_tir_sans_physic = null
WeaponCursorType = 7
DispersionatMinRange = [Number]
DispersionAtMaxRange = [Number]

Optional:
CorrectedShotDispersionMultiplier = [number] will make the targeting circle change size if the target area is under recon observation or not

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 18 Jul 2017 17:00

Wow, thanks Spectre!

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Fri 4 Aug 2017 18:57

is it possible to edit explosion radius separately from damage (HE ammunition) ?

Sireyn
Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Sat 5 Aug 2017 09:28

ilias wrote:is it possible to edit explosion radius separately from damage (HE ammunition) ?

Within TAmmunition references are many individual values for what you want. I'm not sure how damage scales with explosion radius though I assume it's a linear area of effect.

Arme : The armor damaging capacity (multiplies with physical damages if above a certain number)
PhysicalDamages : The explosive damage caused
SuppressDamages : The suppression caused (there are some peculiarities with armored units)

RadiusSplashPhysicalDamages : The explosion radius
RadiusSplashSuppressDamages : The stun radius

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Sat 5 Aug 2017 10:02

Sireyn wrote:
ilias wrote:is it possible to edit explosion radius separately from damage (HE ammunition) ?

Within TAmmunition references are many individual values for what you want. I'm not sure how damage scales with explosion radius though I assume it's a linear area of effect.

Arme : The armor damaging capacity (multiplies with physical damages if above a certain number)
PhysicalDamages : The explosive damage caused
SuppressDamages : The suppression caused (there are some peculiarities with armored units)

RadiusSplashPhysicalDamages : The explosion radius
RadiusSplashSuppressDamages : The stun radius

yeap, thanks