Modding Questions Thread

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby Spectre_nz » Thu 24 Aug 2017 22:31

I've considered it might be, but never tried.

You'll have to add it to all 65 tables and give it zero values for the damage types you don't want to affect it.
There may be other relatedness the game requires to make sense of the armue tables, so, adding a new row to everything my just cause the game to crash as soon as any unit takes damage with the modified damage tables.
You could try it out and let us know what happens... back up your files though, you may make your NDF win invalid by altering the blindage tables.

Alternately, you can use an existing row. I took row 1, the null Blindage, to make heavy infantry armor. Blindage null is currently only used for supply depos in the vanilla game. I raised the HE resistance from its original value and gave supply depos a pile more HP, since, most people won't notice that.
Its also possible that Blindage value 1 could be used, since I don't think anything uses it. I may just not have spotted where it's used however.

I went hunting around for damage handlers that are only used by single units and re-purposed them to make adjusted damage handlers, since, so far as I can tell, you can't make all the pieces required for a new damage handler in game.

thephalanx1453
Private

Postby thephalanx1453 » Fri 25 Aug 2017 01:51

Spectre_nz wrote:I've considered it might be, but never tried.

You'll have to add it to all 65 tables and give it zero values for the damage types you don't want to affect it.
There may be other relatedness the game requires to make sense of the armue tables, so, adding a new row to everything my just cause the game to crash as soon as any unit takes damage with the modified damage tables.
You could try it out and let us know what happens... back up your files though, you may make your NDF win invalid by altering the blindage tables.

Alternately, you can use an existing row. I took row 1, the null Blindage, to make heavy infantry armor. Blindage null is currently only used for supply depos in the vanilla game. I raised the HE resistance from its original value and gave supply depos a pile more HP, since, most people won't notice that.
Its also possible that Blindage value 1 could be used, since I don't think anything uses it. I may just not have spotted where it's used however.

I went hunting around for damage handlers that are only used by single units and re-purposed them to make adjusted damage handlers, since, so far as I can tell, you can't make all the pieces required for a new damage handler in game.

I think you misunderstood. I don't mean to add a new armor type, but a new weapon type (Arme). Like you said on reddit, there's Arme 0 for small arms, Arme 1 for HMG, Arme 2 unused, etc. Is it possible to add a new Arme 65, and add an entry in TGameplayArmeArmureContainer that governs what this new weapon type does to different armors?

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Fri 25 Aug 2017 02:01

You can try it and see what happens...

I'm not sure if there's another instance that ID's and ties those tables into the damage system when needed, or if you can just stick in Arme 66 and the game will be ok with that.

Most of the stuff with wargame modding is just people trying things out and seeing if the game breaks or not.

The game may well report the new arme class as [heat] AP 31 no matter your damage settings. Or it may not be able to deal with a new table at all.

tgb874
Private

Postby tgb874 » Wed 30 Aug 2017 18:46

@Spectre_nz @The W:AB Noob
how can i change guidance tags name like heat/sead/clus?
i want to change 【clus】 to 【Top attack ammunition】 (and Introduction text of them)
so i can differentiate ammunition top-attack ATGM ( Javelin )/ terminal sensitive projectile/Anti tank cluster

10000 thanks!

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Wed 30 Aug 2017 19:47

Spectre_nz wrote:You asked on reddit yeah?
I take it your're already sorted on this one?

what about the rest of us?
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 30 Aug 2017 20:21

thephalanx1453 wrote:

Yes thank you again. New question though, is there possible to add a new Map to an existing Maplist, like the one in TGameplayArmeArmurContainer? I'm trying to add a new arme type in addition to HE and small arms, and give it a new set of values.

Yes. If you double-click the map list, it opens up another window where you can add and remove elements in a list.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Thu 31 Aug 2017 14:00

Narcissistic Black wrote:

what about the rest of us?

pasted from reddit wrote:you can increase the HE resistance of Infantry armor zero. It's what I've done for A&S. Works pretty well. You can even modify resistance to small arms separately to resistance to larger HE weapons, and mod Helo and Aircraft HE resistance differently to other vehicles.
The damage vs HE/AP tables are all in ID 236: TGameplayArmeArmurContainer. There are 65 tables, each one relating to one damage value. Small arms are table 0 (any weapon with arme type null), all other HE damage is under table 3. KE damage 1-30 are in tables 4-34, HEAT damage 1-30 is in tables 35-64. Table 1 is HMG damage.

Each row in the table is damage applied vs a specific armor value: Row 1 ( blindage value null) is Supply depo armor, not targetable by KE or HEAT. Row 2 ( blindage value 1) is, I believe, unused. Row 3, Blindage value 2 is infantry armor. Row 4, Blindage 3 is aircraft and helocopter zero. Row 5, Blindage 4 is vehicle armor zero. Rows 6 onwards are armor values 1 and up.

Xarayezona
Private

Postby Xarayezona » Sat 9 Sep 2017 09:04

This is going to be a really stupid question.

Is there something specific you have to do to implement your own modded files into the game? I'm new to modding this game and I made a couple of quick stat changes in the NDF_Win file just to see if it works. I can grab the second to last folder, switch some numbers, and save the file, but I could not get any changes to show up in armory or in an offline match.

In other games I've modded, the mods are their own files but are copied straight into a separate folder that the game will automatically check. What is the process here?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 10 Sep 2017 04:16

Xarayezona wrote:This is going to be a really stupid question.

Is there something specific you have to do to implement your own modded files into the game? I'm new to modding this game and I made a couple of quick stat changes in the NDF_Win file just to see if it works. I can grab the second to last folder, switch some numbers, and save the file, but I could not get any changes to show up in armory or in an offline match.

In other games I've modded, the mods are their own files but are copied straight into a separate folder that the game will automatically check. What is the process here?

For this patch, I believe that the NDF_Win.dat file you want to mod is in the last folder. The unites.dic in ZZ_Win.dat is in the second-to-last.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

DarkJakkaru
Private

Postby DarkJakkaru » Mon 11 Sep 2017 09:06

Did anyone find a way to increase the unit count in the game or are the current mods re-purposing unit ids to create new units?