Modding Questions Thread

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 14 Jan 2017 04:44

thatAC130 wrote:Is it possible to "swap sides" in each campaign?

For example: could you modify a campaign where you change each of your starting battle groups to that of the opposing side and (vice versa), and could you change the starting locations of each pawn? (Say for Climb Mount Naradnaia, you were to start off in Nagasaki as BLUEFOR, and fight the AI, whom is in control of all of Japan.

I'd like to make an interesting campaign where we can either be on the opposite sides or with different variables as to how much of the map you control at the start.

I think I might have heard of somebody who did this once but said that the AI on the other team didn't do anything, though that might have just been a theory.

thatAC130 wrote:Oh and of course, I should ask if its even possible to do this without wargame handing out crash screens as many times as people use arty in multiplayer games

I don't get what you're saying here.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

thatAC130
Corporal

Postby thatAC130 » Sat 14 Jan 2017 06:29

Ah, I see, we'll I guess I'll poke around the BGM to see if i can make anything happen.

Oh and that last part was just me using a lame way to ask if there was any way to make the change happen without the game crashing (from the modifications) as often as people on Wargame use artillery spam on multiplayer games.
Me: Wait, what? You mean to tell me that an AC-130 got shot down by a Strella-2? That's some real Bull-
Friend: NOOOOOOO

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 15 Jan 2017 20:02

You shouldn't play multiplayer if all people in the game don't have the same mod or the game will desync.

thatAC130
Corporal

Postby thatAC130 » Wed 18 Jan 2017 06:42

Haven't been able to find this answer in the forums yet, but is there a way to add the DLC unit names in BGM and modding suite? i keep seeing a "localization hash" over where the DLC units. Also I apologize if the answer is hiding in plain sight, im usually not the sharpest tool in the box :lol:

Also, Is the "Barge" in the transport tab supposed to represent a hovercraft unit? not sure if its an intentional unit or not.
Me: Wait, what? You mean to tell me that an AC-130 got shot down by a Strella-2? That's some real Bull-
Friend: NOOOOOOO

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 20 Jan 2017 01:18

Hi, is it possible to change coalitions? E.g. change Eurocorps into Japan + Canada (just to name something random) ?

realfakealex
Lieutenant

Postby realfakealex » Fri 20 Jan 2017 05:05

Razzmann wrote:Hi, is it possible to change coalitions? E.g. change Eurocorps into Japan + Canada (just to name something random) ?

I guess you can but it would be quite a long process.. I think you would have to set each unit individually...

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 21 Jan 2017 05:06

realfakealex wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Hi, is it possible to change coalitions? E.g. change Eurocorps into Japan + Canada (just to name something random) ?

I guess you can but it would be quite a long process.. I think you would have to set each unit individually...

Actually, it is very simple, and most released total-conversion mods have the coalitions changed. Creative Coalitions, Sandbox, Crimean Escalation, Ash and Shadows, Ugly Ducklings IIRC, just to name a few. The change is very easy to do, only requires editing one array with strings. The only things you can't do is add another coalition (unless you go through a lot of work, then it might be possible) and match a Red country with a Blu country (probably what realfakealex was talking about). Really, you should try out some of these mods.

FOARP
Sergeant

Postby FOARP » Sun 29 Jan 2017 19:33

Hi Guys

I've modded a few games (Civ II, HOI etc.), but always they had simple text files which made it easy to do simply by changing values in them. WG is clearly a different beast.

How do I add battlegroups to a campaign? How do I edit existing battlegroups? For example, how do I add more Chinese militia regiments and tank battalions to the Pearl of the Orient campaign? Can I increase the Chinese morale so it's not so easy to win?

Using the modding suite I can see that PC\NDF\patchable\scenario\campdyn_crown_jewel\ndfscripting.ndfbin has something in it called TBattleGroupModuleDescriptor where moral/cohesion values for battlegroups can be edited, so I think I can edit the Chinese starting morale. There's something else called TBattleGroupDescriptionModuleDescriptor that appears to have localisation hashes that I guess correspond to names in a localisation files somewhere (where?) but I don't have a clue as to how the game knows what is in each battlegroup, where this information is stored, and how to add battlegroups to the campaign.

EDIT: I've seen people saying ZZ_Win.dat has the localisation information? Text editors like Notepad++ don't seem to be any good for editing it, and opening it in the modding suite shows a blank.

Sireyn
Staff Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Mon 30 Jan 2017 00:27

As far as campaign modding you'll have to rely on someone else. Localization files are the ZZ_Win.dat's and should be opened in the modding suite.

-All localization files are in ...\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\The folder numbers correspond to the game build number
-The latest game build is the NDF_Win.dat in the folder with the biggest number (\510064564)
-The latest ZZ_Win.dat is nested in the folder immediately prior to the latest NDF folder (510061340\510064564)

However some things remain in prior builds that don't change patch to patch. Unfortunately I can only think of one right now.
430000564\430000574 : Interface In-game (text within UI elements, such as "km" next to the fuel autonomy)

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 30 Jan 2017 22:13

Hi,

another question. How can you assign a vehicle (or unit) as a transport?