Modding Questions Thread

CuteKitten
Corporal

Re: Modding Questions Thread

Postby CuteKitten » Thu 9 Feb 2017 18:58

Spectre_nz wrote:
Hello,
I'm searching for the fastest way to make a unit disappear without deleting it.

On a units TUnitAuSol main page, just below the parameter MaxDeployableAmount is a list that says something like 'IsVisibleInMenu' (I can't remember the exact name off the topo of my head)

Open up that list, select the first 'True' value, uncheck the box so it becomes 'False'

The unit will now vanish from the armory.

If you do this to units that are first in a series in the armory (they're linked by the IsUnitUpgrade parameter in TUniteAuSol) then all the subsequent units will be hidden as well.

Thanks! I'll do this instead from now on.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 10 Feb 2017 01:22

CuteKitten wrote:
Spectre_nz wrote:
Hello,
I'm searching for the fastest way to make a unit disappear without deleting it.

On a units TUnitAuSol main page, just below the parameter MaxDeployableAmount is a list that says something like 'IsVisibleInMenu' (I can't remember the exact name off the topo of my head)

Open up that list, select the first 'True' value, uncheck the box so it becomes 'False'

The unit will now vanish from the armory.

If you do this to units that are first in a series in the armory (they're linked by the IsUnitUpgrade parameter in TUniteAuSol) then all the subsequent units will be hidden as well.

Thanks! I'll do this instead from now on.

Yup, and there is a better way to hide a whole country/coalition if that was your ultimate goal.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

Karenin
Sergeant

Postby Karenin » Fri 10 Feb 2017 17:23

I came accidentally on the "copy value to instances" button on the right upper corner in mod-tools (i think at least, didnt notice it until i coudlnt boot up the game -.-). What exactly does this button do and how would i revert it?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 12 Feb 2017 04:26

I think that is a new feature... I'm assuming that it copies the value of the variable selected to all instances of the class. To revert, you'll probably have to either manually set all the values back again or start again from a backup.

Pyro
Staff Sergeant

Postby Pyro » Sun 12 Feb 2017 21:53

Looking for the answers to two modding questions:
  1. Has anybody successful given movement to an FOB?
  2. I am wanting to modify the colours for certain text in the unit information screen/armoury/deck showroom. Specifically, the colours that vary with capability. Example: Size "Very Big" is red, size "Medium" is green, etc. Same for speeds, AP power and quite a few other characteristics. Now I can change the point at which the values change colours by modifying 271: TModernWarfareUnitDescriptorRatio & 323: TModernWarfareUnitRatioDescriptor - that's not the question. The question is, where are the colours?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 12 Feb 2017 22:21

1. I don't know if you can FOB's to move, but you can probably take an infantry unit and give it FOB models and stats.

2. Good job finding TModernWarfareUnitDescriptorRatio and TModernWarfareUnitRatioDescriptor, I don't think a lot of people know (or need to know) those classes. Anyway, just keep this as a side note: if you want to mod any statistics, lists, or callers for assets (assets being sound, image, colors, text, music, etc), always look at components.ndfbin first. I think the thing you are looking for is TTextStyle in components.ndfbin.

DarkKnightz01k
Corporal

Postby DarkKnightz01k » Thu 9 Mar 2017 10:30

Will it mess up my decks or even game in anyway (like may be crashing it) ?

if i copy and mod "NDF_Win.dat" for Singleplayer
and later if i switch back and forth , between latest version actual "NDF_Win.dat" for Multipayer and modified "NDF_Win.dat" Singleplayer

in modifications i mean to edit for Singleplayer -

1) i increase my activation points to 100

2) i unlock all 9 deck slots , and Create Decks

Now since actual "NDF_Win.dat" only allows for 5 slots , so if i create decks with all 9 slots for Singleplayer using modded "NDF_Win.dat" ,
and later again decide to switch and go for Multiplayer using actual "NDF_Win.dat" , so then Will it mess up with my those decks i created with 9 slots for Singleplayer ? or Can it even may crash the game , cuz actual NDF only allows 5 slots and not 9.

3) in modded NDF i also intend to give 3 hardened units to some aircrafts, for which they are like 0 in actual NDF.
so Can that also effect my Decks like those Unit Cards not showing up at all in MultiPl , since they were just 0.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 10 Mar 2017 07:51

Whenever Wargame (or a game session) loads, it rechecks your profile, making sure that all decks are legit. If not, the game will try to edit them so that they are within the bounds of the deck. So if you have a mod that puts the UK in Eurocorps and has 900 Activation Points with Elite Jagers and 2 cards of 1000 trained Leclercs, loading that up in vanilla will delete all UK units, reset the Activation Points to the legal 55, delete Jagers because it cannot agree that Jagers can be put into decks at Elite, and set the Leclercs to 1 card of 3. If there is a unit or combination that cannot be possible by the rules defined by the NDF_Win.dat, the game will attempt to delete it.

I have seen two exceptions to this:
1. If you move a unit or remove a unit's transport that is in the default deck, the deck will show that it has 0 of the unit. IIRC, it doesn't crash games, even if you play with that deck. For example, remove M113G as a transport of Jagers. This is because the default decks are written specifically in the everything.dat.

2. If your profile includes decks with DLC Nations and you start Wargame with a version that did not have the DLC existing at the time. Most of the time, this causes a crash on startup. To prevent this, go to vanilla and delete all DLC decks.

DarkKnightz01k
Corporal

Postby DarkKnightz01k » Fri 10 Mar 2017 09:40

The W:AB Noob wrote:Whenever Wargame (or a game session) loads, it rechecks your profile, making sure that all decks are legit.

Thanks, that was a great insight of things, mate

so hence, this means since all decks go by NDF rules, my custom decks with all 9 unlocked slots with 100 activation points ,

will surely get their unit's cards deleted when i switch into Multiplayer, with legit NDF.

also , Will the Decks with deleted unit cards , those changes in Multi get preserved/saved ?
like i mean to say, what if i re-again switch back to Singleplayer,
will my units cards stay deleted , or again happen to reappear somehow as per complying modded NDF.

cuz if unit cards stay deleted , i think it will be better not to create Decks with 9 slots unlocked , cuz eventually they shall mess up
getting units card deleted , and i can't again and again create custom 9 slot decks.
OR may be better idea shall be to Export my 9 slots decks, that's another way.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 11 Mar 2017 00:20

DarkKnightz01k wrote:also , Will the Decks with deleted unit cards , those changes in Multi get preserved/saved ?
like i mean to say, what if i re-again switch back to Singleplayer,
will my units cards stay deleted , or again happen to reappear somehow as per complying modded NDF.

cuz if unit cards stay deleted , i think it will be better not to create Decks with 9 slots unlocked , cuz eventually they shall mess up
getting units card deleted , and i can't again and again create custom 9 slot decks.
OR may be better idea shall be to Export my 9 slots decks, that's another way.

No, they won't come back if you revert to your mod. So you have 2 options: Save your exported deck codes or back up your profile (using either a WMI program, my Sandbox Mod has one, or manually in your Steam/userdata folder.