Shifu
Lieutenant General

Index: List of Mods & Stuff for Modders

Postby Shifu » Sun 30 Mar 2014 23:19

Last updated (dd.mm.yyyy): 14.10.2017
Update cyclus: Monthly (more or less..)
Update criteria:
  • A not-yet-released mod is released.
  • A Mod is announced. It must offer somewhat precise suggestions of what the mod is going to change.
  • If you don't want your Mod to be indexed, specifically state so in the first line of your post.
  • Outdated mods are not removed unless you inform me about them.

Purpose of this thread: This thread attempts to list all currently available mods and topics relevant to Modding. Also, links to the tools needed for Modding are included. I did not create any of those topics nor am I responsible for their content. Please contact the respective author for questions related to their work. In case I missed a topic, I'd appreciate if you could send me a Private Message.

Warning:
  1. Modding and/or using modifications of the game is not officially supported. Game modifications or modified files you download can cause harm to your game and/or computer.
  2. Running mods which influence the vanilla version of players not using the mod or which affect the progress of a multiplayer game, especially in your favor, is considered cheating and will be punished accordingly. You may run those mods in private games or on your own dedicated server. Latter one needs to display a warning in its title/name.
  3. Links provided in this post won't make you leave to any external site (unless otherwise stated), but you may find links doing so in the topics of this forum. External sites can be insecure.

Table of Content
  1. List of Mods (to be found below this)
    1. Total redo's
    2. Normal mods
    3. Texture/Skin packs
  2. For Modders
    1. Tutorials
    2. General lecture
      1. Wargame AirLand Battle (WAB)
      2. Wargame: Red Dragon (WRD)
    3. Tools
    4. Steamgroups

List of Mods

• Click a mod's title to get to the respective topic.
  • Outdated mods are found in the spoiler at the end of each category. Maybe you can get them running or find any use in them. Tell me if they're moved there incorrectly.
  • Modders may provide me with a short sentence to describe their mod and I'll add it.
  • The contact person of the respective modification can be found in brackets. In most cases, it's the author. If there's more than one author, the one posting the mod topic is listed as contact person.
  • The addition "not yet released" marks mods which have not been released yet, but are a work in progress.

1. Total redo (The game is completely reworked, the context has been changed location and timeframe/history wise)
  2. "Normal" mods (The original game is adapted, parts of it are changed to achieve some goal)
  3. Skin/Texture collections (For specific skins look here: Skins' directory (chema1994))
    Those modifications are multiplayer-compatible in any case, means you can use them without problems.

Personal note: At the end of this post, I'd like to thank the pioneers who invested an underestimated amount of time to bring Modding tools to the broad public. Also, thanks to all the modders and people actively contributing to the growth of Modding - you've proven those wrong who vehemently declined Modding as a possiblity and brought us a new, fascinating aspect of the Wargame series. I am honestly impressed by you guys and proud of Wargame's Modding community.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Re: Index: Helpful tools & Modding/Mods

Postby Shifu » Wed 2 Apr 2014 02:33

For Modders

1. Tutorials (for a detailed list, see here: Tutorial compilation )
2. General lecture on modding/lecture on specific issues related to Modding:
  1. WRD:

Personal note: At the end of this post, I'd like to thank the pioneers who invested an underestimated amount of time to bring Modding tools to the broad public. Also, thanks to all the modders and people actively contributing to the growth of Modding - you've proven those wrong who vehemently declined Modding as a possiblity and brought us a new, fascinating aspect of the Wargame series. I am honestly impressed by you guys and proud of Wargame's Modding community.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Thu 10 Apr 2014 13:01

3. Tools for Modding:
Other helpful stuff
Spoiler : Outdated stuff :
[*]Mod Management (Apocalypse31)
[*]Modding Values database (AJE)

4. Steamgroups/matchmaking groups:
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.

Vasto
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Vasto » Thu 10 Apr 2014 13:37

I know it is a temporary list but just a small note, enohka's ModdingSuite and my installer are fully functional for RD. Though they don't have here the dedicated threads, marking them as the WALB only might be a little misleading for the newcomers.

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Thu 10 Apr 2014 23:38

There's also several texture threads in the ALB forum that also have RD textures, those could do with being moved perhaps.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 11 Apr 2014 00:08

Couple of things:
First: great start! I hope this list will get much longer in the months to come!
Second: Happy 2500 posts Shifu!
Third: Once I get a bit more accustomed to W:RD, I will make a longer and more specific Beginner's Guide for W:RD which also includes how to guide for people who have never modded a video game before.
Fourth: Yes, there are a few textures that are made for W:RD for instance Vasto's textures.
Fifth: To rid of some confusion, why not make a category of final released? The Top Attack mod is released but is seems to be undergoing more patches. Final release means that there will be no more patches or updates for the mod.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 6 May 2014 04:58

My Ingame Text Mod and Unimog for Anzac mod are totally not updated (actually, they were for beta), and I do not plan to update them for now. However, I am currently working on a larger, bigger (, and funnier) Ingame Text Mod which might get released soon. I am not sure whether to have it in total redo or minor stuff, since it only changes text, but it replaces almost every single text file in the game.

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Tue 6 May 2014 06:57

Top Attack mod too won't be updated, it was a proof of concept.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Sat 10 May 2014 13:54

Thanks for the update guys. I removed those, but I fear there are more totally outdated mods. Unfortunately, I'm currently a bit short on time, so I cannot go through all and check it .. if you find any outdated, leave me a note please.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 10 May 2014 17:33

I'm pretty sure that the SEAL renaming-mod is very outdated. Besides that, it looks great.