Index: List of Mods & Stuff for Modders

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Index: List of Mods & Stuff for Modders

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 7 Feb 2015 21:25

BTW Shifu, the font installer is not a tool for modders only. Anyone can use it, it is almost a mod itself.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Sat 7 Feb 2015 22:06

Thanks for the extensive list! I'll do an update/overhaul as soon as I find time :)

@Font-Installer: Ya, I know, but it didn't fit any other category and was a rather 'technical' project compared to mods/skins. I'll probably rework the categories anyway, so I'll resort it.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

MenDuck
Major

Postby MenDuck » Fri 20 Feb 2015 17:22

Shifu, you forgot to update the Rgr's Reskins to the new URL. Also, add the The Community RAF Skin Pack.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Mon 9 Mar 2015 13:27

Thanks, I've added the pack and corrected the link. Not sure how that one escaped :?

I've finally found some time and reworked the OP (special thanks to WAB Noob).
A few notes below (partly for myself :p) - feel free to comment/suggest:
  • Not sure if I like the "header" part (From "Last updated" to "Purpose of this thread")
  • I've already shortened the warning, but having it is still kinda "bloating" the post.
  • More generally than the two notes above, I'm not too happy with visibility yet. Assuming that most visitors rather care for the mods than for modding, a first-time visitor is kinda lost with all the (to them) unnecessary stuff before the actual list of mods. On the other hand, especially "Last updated" is something I'd personally like to spot as easy as possible, just to know what to expect. Maybe I split the rest (besides this first line) and move it below the post ..
  • The outdated-mods-spoiler should probably be more distinguish between mods which have never been released and just outdated mods. Also, at some point those should probably be removed.
  • Not sure if the WAB stuff is worth keeping (even if it's just in a spoiler)
  • Steamgroups might move into the first post. Their current position at the end is probably easily overlooked.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.

MenDuck
Major

Postby MenDuck » Mon 9 Mar 2015 16:48

Well, I'm glad for your fix rework of the OP.

And thank you for those kind words at the bottom of the OP. Makes me feel it's still important to help and maintain the Wargame Modding Community. Once again, thanks Shifu.

AlphaKilo
Corporal

Postby AlphaKilo » Sun 17 May 2015 11:25

Is there a way to play AirLand Battle maps in Red Dragon? Maybe a mod?

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Sun 17 May 2015 12:48

AlphaKilo wrote:Is there a way to play AirLand Battle maps in Red Dragon? Maybe a mod?
Unfortunately, the maps between the two games are not compatible. So, no, it's not possible to port maps, they would have to be re-done :|

AlphaKilo
Corporal

Postby AlphaKilo » Sun 17 May 2015 13:26

Shifu wrote:
AlphaKilo wrote:Is there a way to play AirLand Battle maps in Red Dragon? Maybe a mod?
Unfortunately, the maps between the two games are not compatible. So, no, it's not possible to port maps, they would have to be re-done :|

That's too bad, I really like some of the maps in ALB. Especially Stromsund, great little map for playing against AI.
Just out of curiosity, do you reckon it is an AI pathfinding problem, lack of objects, some kind of graphical/visual incompatibility or a bit of everything?

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Sun 17 May 2015 14:48

AlphaKilo wrote:
Shifu wrote:

That's too bad, I really like some of the maps in ALB. Especially Stromsund, great little map for playing against AI.
Just out of curiosity, do you reckon it is an AI pathfinding problem, lack of objects, some kind of graphical/visual incompatibility or a bit of everything?

Well i did see this the other week..
ShanRevan wrote:
In other news, seems like we've gained a new helper so that might help kickstart this back into action. Also been hearing some rumblings about someone importing ALB/EE maps into RD with partial success. People have been linking me screenshots and stuff. Dunno anything about it but that sure as hell would be fantastic and very motivating.

You know...because now we can all yell at revan about something revolutionary. Again. :D
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

AlphaKilo
Corporal

Postby AlphaKilo » Sun 17 May 2015 15:19

Excellent news. Hopefully this works.