The W:AB Noob's modding factory!

SpeisCheese
Captain

Re: The W:AB Noob's modding factory!

Postby SpeisCheese » Mon 5 Jan 2015 17:10

I also tried to mod the SPz Luchs to be transport. But always when going in the INF tab, it crashes. Why? Is it because the TransportCompany for the Luchs is the same with the Fuchs? And when I delete in the "Transportable" of the Jaeger the Luchs, the game doesn't crash...

leopardgunner
Sergeant

Postby leopardgunner » Fri 9 Jan 2015 07:00

hey folks, i want to ask how to add a new name for an unit (like F-35, Su-35, FN SCAR, etc) because when i try to do that it always didn't work

i'm sure that i mod the right ZZ_Win.dat that located in "Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\430000587\430000598" and then "us\localisation\unites.dic"

but when i test it, that unit have no name

so what should i do?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 9 Jan 2015 07:47

leopardgunner wrote:hey folks, i want to ask how to add a new name for an unit (like F-35, Su-35, FN SCAR, etc) because when i try to do that it always didn't work

i'm sure that i mod the right ZZ_Win.dat that located in "Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC\430000587\430000598" and then "us\localisation\unites.dic"

but when i test it, that unit have no name

so what should i do?

So I guess this is the new Modding Questions thread, which I'm not complaining about. :P

This problem is odd, try modding 578\584, it's the only solution that comes to mind right now.

(So you say that they have just no name? Are you renaming the hash codes and not the actual names?)
EDIT: Are you making new entries in the .dic and typing custom hash entries into TUnite? I remember Narcissistic Black did that once with the same results.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

leopardgunner
Sergeant

Postby leopardgunner » Fri 9 Jan 2015 08:17

The W:AB Noob wrote:EDIT: Are you making new entries in the .dic and typing custom hash entries into TUnite? I remember Narcissistic Black did that once with the same results.

yes, i add a new hash code by making a new entries instead editing existing hash code

so what should i do??

is making a new entries won't work for the game?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 9 Jan 2015 09:06

leopardgunner wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:EDIT: Are you making new entries in the .dic and typing custom hash entries into TUnite? I remember Narcissistic Black did that once with the same results.

yes, i add a new hash code by making a new entries instead editing existing hash code

so what should i do??

Yeah, you can't make new Hash's, meaning no new entries.

Instead, type "deprec" in the search bar. That should get you a lot of unused already-existing entries.

leopardgunner
Sergeant

Postby leopardgunner » Fri 9 Jan 2015 17:28

The W:AB Noob wrote:
leopardgunner wrote:

so what should i do??

Yeah, you can't make new Hash's, meaning no new entries.

Instead, type "deprec" in the search bar. That should get you a lot of unused already-existing entries.

at last it's work 8-) thanks mate

but wait...if we can't make new hash, how about adding new unit, can't we??

or we just can editing existing unit into a new unit???

MDKrinkles
Master Sergeant

Postby MDKrinkles » Tue 3 Mar 2015 03:01

Will this thread ever come back? I always thought it could be a nice way to get small specific requests like minor stat changes or something.
Cult of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 3 Mar 2015 03:15

MDKrinkles wrote:Will this thread ever come back? I always thought it could be a nice way to get small specific requests like minor stat changes or something.

I guess you could, but Eugen's next patch will overwrite the changes I make, or at least until the XML tool arrived. :P

rhe39
Private First-Class

Postby rhe39 » Sun 3 Sep 2017 23:14

Seek help! Does anyone know where to find and modify accuracy of a unit? :?: :roll: :lol: