Wargame: Crimean Escalation (Alpha Release)

Demo
Private

Re: Wargame: Crimean Escalation (Alpha Release)

Postby Demo » Tue 18 Apr 2017 21:10

Hello Jonas,

Allow me to interfere with a question;

How's progress so far with the minor nations? Any deadlines or ideas?

Your response would be much appreciated!

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 19 Apr 2017 00:41

jonas165 wrote:-A-10C Thunderbolt II: WAY too much armament... Maybe have multiple variations with different loadouts?
I am pretty sure it can carry such a loadout.

Hmm, haven't kept up. What's the current A-10C loadout?

jonas165 wrote:-Does the F-35 JSF have guns? I am certain IRL they have a 25mm Gatling gun.
The A-variant only, and it has it in the mod, as a hidden stat

All F-35s have cannons, the GAU-22/A. The USAF's F-35A has it internally with 180 rounds, while the Marine's F-35B and the Navy's F-35C have it as a gun pod that's supposed to maintain the aircraft's stealth characteristics when attached, loaded with 220 rounds.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Wed 19 Apr 2017 06:51

thefury wrote:What about adding b1 bomber can use model of f111

That is a bit out of scale. A B-1 carries enough bombs to destroy every unit in a whole command sector :D maybe as a bonus unit for the campaign or something.

Demo wrote:Hello Jonas,

Allow me to interfere with a question;

How's progress so far with the minor nations? Any deadlines or ideas?

Your response would be much appreciated!

I can't give you deadlines, but I can tell you what I am planning: After the Naval patch, I will look into models and try to import some from AoA. After that, I will work on the first coalition, UKRPOLBAT. First, Ukraine will be done and then Poland.

Xeno426 wrote:
jonas165 wrote:-A-10C Thunderbolt II: WAY too much armament... Maybe have multiple variations with different loadouts?
I am pretty sure it can carry such a loadout.

Hmm, haven't kept up. What's the current A-10C loadout?

jonas165 wrote:-Does the F-35 JSF have guns? I am certain IRL they have a 25mm Gatling gun.
The A-variant only, and it has it in the mod, as a hidden stat

All F-35s have cannons, the GAU-22/A. The USAF's F-35A has it internally with 180 rounds, while the Marine's F-35B and the Navy's F-35C have it as a gun pod that's supposed to maintain the aircraft's stealth characteristics when attached, loaded with 220 rounds.

The A-10 in Crimean Escalation comes with its gun, of course, 6x AGM-65s, 2x cluster bombs and 4x AIM-9s as far as I remember.

And I know the B and C variants of the F-35 can carry gun pods, but they don't have them by default right? It wouldn't contribute much to their role in the mod anyway.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 19 Apr 2017 19:01

The A-10 would never carry four AIM-9s since that would preclude carrying the jammer pod, and there's no way an A-10 would enter an active war zone without that jammer, especially when they know there will be an enemy radar SAM presence.

The F-35 would carry cannons as required by mission parameters. Providing CAS? Good chance. Air superiority? Bet your ass. Interdiction or precision strike? Anti-ship? Unlikely.
Last edited by Xeno426 on Wed 19 Apr 2017 20:32, edited 2 times in total.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Wed 19 Apr 2017 20:26

Xeno426 wrote:The A-10 would bever carry four AIM-9s since that would preclude careying the jammer pod, and there's no way an A-10 would enter an active war zone without that jammer, especially when they know there will be an enemy radar SAM presence.

The F-35 would carry cannons as required by mission parameters. Providing CAS? Good chance. Air superiority? Bet your ass. Interdiction or precision strike? Anti-ship? Unlikely.

Ok, I'll remove two sindewinders.
Yeah the F-35s in the mod carry PGMs and long range missiles, I guess they shouldn't have a gun.

thatAC130
Corporal

Postby thatAC130 » Thu 20 Apr 2017 01:13

I'm just curious, what type of ships are you planning on implementing into this mod? Also in the long run, will this mod have many nations like vanilla Wargame RD or will it only be between a small group of nations on each side?

And if it will be with a smaller amount of nations, how would you feel about using the unused units from the other nations to act as different load outs for already existing units?

(For example, if you have 5 nations not being used, you could have it to where:
One card thats the base A-10 with its GAU and 4x ATGMs, and another card of an A-10 loaded with perhaps 6x ATGMs and GBUs with its GAU, and once again same aircraft, but with ATGMs, Cluster bombs and AA missiles.

Another example would be having the vanilla Spetsnaz and Navy Seals and replacing their HE launchers with AT launchers. Nevermind, I suppose we have a variety of other units in decks to cover those roles.

Also, I feel like you could use those unused cards to add onto the variety of ships that are available in the naval tab. [although I suppose some of them would have to use the same skins])

I know it sounds like a lot of work, especially since it seems like you're doing this by yourself, but i just wanted to know what you think of this idea :D

EDIT: changed my example to be somewhat more understandable.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Thu 20 Apr 2017 06:47

thatAC130 wrote:I'm just curious, what type of ships are you planning on implementing into this mod? Also in the long run, will this mod have many nations like vanilla Wargame RD or will it only be between a small group of nations on each side?

As in vanilla, there will be destroyers, namely the Arleigh Burke and the Udaloy II in the first version, frigates, corvettes and fast attack craft which will be infantry transports. The planned nations are the all that currently have a flag in the Amory, plus the Czech Republic, which will be added to the Euro coalition. So yeah, not all nations will be used.

And if it will be with a smaller amount of nations, how would you feel about using the unused units from the other nations to act as different load outs for already existing units?

(For example, if you have 5 nations not being used, you could have it to where:
One card thats the base A-10 with its GAU and 4x ATGMs, and another card of an A-10 loaded with perhaps 6x ATGMs and GBUs with its GAU, and once again same aircraft, but with ATGMs, Cluster bombs and AA missiles.

A loadout system is yet not planned, as all nations and coalitions have sufficient aircraft, and I don't want to have too many units. In the end, the unit count on the mod will be lower than in vanilla, but as every unit gets at least some small changes, it will still be quite a lot of work :D I will focus on making the minor nations playable before adding more variants and loadouts, those can still be added later at any point.

Another example would be having the vanilla Spetsnaz and Navy Seals and replacing their HE launchers with AT launchers. Nevermind, I suppose we have a variety of other units in decks to cover those roles.

Also, I feel like you could use those unused cards to add onto the variety of ships that are available in the naval tab. [although I suppose some of them would have to use the same skins])

As more nations come, there will also be more ships. However, naval is still a rather small part of the mod, as ships take even more efforts than ground or air units. And I will have to use the same models anyway, unfortunately.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, especially since it seems like you're doing this by yourself, but i just wanted to know what you think of this idea :D

EDIT: changed my example to be somewhat more understandable.

Thanks for your suggestions!

diyar1985
Private

Postby diyar1985 » Sat 29 Apr 2017 06:28

Dear sirs, forgive my translator. I'm just from Russia, please do not tell me how to reinforce this supplement. :|

Karlsson96
Private First-Class

Postby Karlsson96 » Sun 14 May 2017 02:24

Just asking for a SitRep on when the next version releases...

Karlsson96
Private First-Class

Postby Karlsson96 » Sat 20 May 2017 05:36

More notes on Balance and realism:

-There are simply way too many vehicles PER CARD in general. Please lower the amount of vehicles available per card, especially the MBTs and the Attack Helicopters
-There are no effective counters to a helicopter rush, since a lot of the high end ones have over-effective weaponry and can destroy any and all targets very quickly
-In regards to Anti-aircraft vehicles: Somehow, helicopters can shoot missiles at anti-aircraft vehicles even though the anti-aircraft vehicles do not have any Line-of-sight
-There is no aim-time delay for missiles from helos, as the second an AA vehicle enters the range of a Helo, it is destroyed by a missile from it
-Missiles fired from Helos are simply way too fast, and the aim time of AA vehicles is way too slow to react. You have to have multiple AA vehicles "Counter rush" an enemy helo hoping that at least one gets a missile off before they are destroyed.
-I'm really serious about how overpowered the Helicopters are in this mod, especially the Ka-52s. 2 of them following a meat shield of scout helos can decimate any and all AA vehicles within seconds due to fast aim time, fast missile travel speed, and superior range against a lot of AA units.
-Considering the Centurion C-RAM is noted for defending bases shooting mortar shells out of the air, why the hell does it only have 60% accuracy against something, that is larger than a mortar shell?

-In regards to unit sizes for the United States Marines: Marine infantry Squads have 3 Fire-teams to the US Army's 2.
-if a fire-team has 4 men, 2 fireteams is 8 men (+an NCO, artillery spotter, officer of some kind, etc. which makes 9 or 10)
-therefore a squad with 3 fireteams is 12 (against +an NCO, art spotter, officer, etc)
-essentially my point is that Marine units should be 3/2 in terms of men over the Army squads. (Just like in vanilla with 15 marines vs 10 US Army riflemen to a squad)
-Mortarmen have laser accuracy and spam their shells like a machine gun.