Revised Campaign Mod

Guggy
General

Revised Campaign Mod

Postby Guggy » Fri 25 Apr 2014 22:36

Ok, update! I've got things working again!

The problem appears to have been caused by using the BGM tool itself conflicting with how I had my mod setup, but now I've got it to proceed as per usual. It was just a matter of deleting a single file in the case of a crash.

Added the 1-72nd Armored Battalion in Seoul (2 M1 command, 4 M1A1 HC, 4 M1A1 HA, 4 Avengers, 8 HEMMT trucks). This unit replaces one of the older SK armored units in Seoul, and represents the US armor in-theatre at the time of the conflict breaking out.

Added 4th BN "Death Dealers" Aviation Regiment (2 Apache Longbows, 4 Apaches). These are tank-killers, and will help versus heavy armor. Dont waste their ammo against tanks from the 1950's, please! The taxpayers are watching! They replace the A-37B squadron, because I'm a giant idiot baby and didnt want to replace a ROK Cobra squadron instead. They deploy from Seoul as well.

Added 51st TFW ("6 F-16 Block 52's, 6 F-16C's). This is a multirole F-16 group stationed in Osan Air Force base, south of Seoul. They replace the F-5E's of the South Koreans, whom I plan to merge with the call-in F-86 squadron for a dual ground-attack light squadron.

A UN-Squadron of 2 Rafales and 4 Eurofighters replaces the Provence Squadron. The name is a bad videogame reference. I refuse to remove it, unless held at knife-point. They represent the state-of-the-art of Western air-power, and will serve well if you choose to push into Russian territory. In theory, at least ;)

A Joint Franco-UK task force now hits the shores, offering Challenger 2's with Marksmen Challengers mixed amidst the repurposed Daguette Division. The AMX-30B2's provide a fast, accurate flanking element for the monstrous Chally 2's. The Marksmen Challengers will do their part to thin the skies of any Chinese or Korean gunships. The Leclercs are still a separate element, and refused to be grouped with the Challenger 2's due to Franco/British rivalry :P

I want to sincerely apologize to everyone who has been interested in the mod (all... three of you? :P) for the delays, it was a really alien issue to me that was causing the problem.

Once this is done, its back to Bear Versus Dragon to change that mofo into something more manageable late-game :lol:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Download Campaign Mod.rar, and open it with a .rar/7zip or whatever equivalent.

2) Drag the folder inside (Data) to your Red Dragon directory. Do NOT drag it into the existing Data directory, but do let the contents overwrite pre-existing structure. If you are concerned about compatibility with online, then feel free to back-up any of the files that are going to be overwritten, but this should not be necessary as there should be no incompatibility issues.

3) Launch the game, try and play Second Korean War campaign, and expect a possible crash which I will address below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANY BUG REPORTS:

Please post them in this thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please have fun, and I apologize again for the delay :) I'll work on the Bear Versus Dragon campaign this evening. Good luck, folks!

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nbxfa ... uv/Mod.rar

FOR THOSE WHO USE THE NETHERLANDS DLC, AND WANT NETHERLANDS UNITS IN THE CAMPAIGN:

https://www.mediafire.com/?55v1vf7lu0gwp8l
Last edited by Guggy on Tue 2 Aug 2016 02:09, edited 16 times in total.

jubedy
Command Sergeant Major

Re: REVISED CAMPAIGN MOD

Postby jubedy » Fri 25 Apr 2014 22:48

Might as well include it. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but it sounds good
Spoiler : :

CommieKiller757
Warrant Officer

Postby CommieKiller757 » Fri 25 Apr 2014 23:04

I prefer it with the increased points. It's much more fun and quite frankly more realistic.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 26 Apr 2014 00:30

Preliminary version is done. No doubt missed alot of Chinese infantry unit's APC's, but meh. ~THINK~ I remove the Soviet OOTF units for Bear vs Dragon. Only one I left is the IL-102, because shooting those down is fun as hell :evil:

File size is 40-some megs due to text editing. If you dont give a damn about those, I can remove it from the next version.

As said, only BvD is touched atm. And its sloppily touched, but better than previously I hope.

Installation is as follows:

NDF_Win.dat to the Wargame/PC/43000239 folder. Overwrite.

ZZ_Win.dat to 43000210 folder. Overwrite.

Restore mod if needed via Re verifying game cache on Steam once done with that campaign.

Hope you enjoy! :)

Breadbox
Captain

Re: Revised Campaign Mod

Postby Breadbox » Sat 26 Apr 2014 15:54

Preliminary version is done. No doubt missed alot of Chinese infantry unit's APC's, but meh.

What does this mean?It would definitely be great if all transports are made consistent.

Yubeiyi should be strictly truck only,Zhanshi should come in trucks as well.
However,at least some(certain battle-groups)of the Zhanshi should be riding in Type 63A Apc and have "Veteran status" to represent the better Trained 'Armoured Infantry' which accompanies armoured formations in their Assault.

Those little mortars apcs should also be gotten rid of and replaced by PLZ70 instead.
NK F-7 is also ootf,should be replaced by F-6.

Thank you for the mod.

DreDay
Corporal

Postby DreDay » Sat 26 Apr 2014 16:16

Thank you for your great work! Would you mind making a brief listing of datafiles/variables that you've had to mod? There have been several information for this kind of information (i.e. how to change campaign BGs) in other threads... Much appreciated!!

Peace,
DreDay

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 26 Apr 2014 22:53

Breadbox wrote:
Preliminary version is done. No doubt missed alot of Chinese infantry unit's APC's, but meh.

What does this mean?It would definitely be great if all transports are made consistent.

Yubeiyi should be strictly truck only,Zhanshi should come in trucks as well.
However,at least some(certain battle-groups)of the Zhanshi should be riding in Type 63A Apc and have "Veteran status" to represent the better Trained 'Armoured Infantry' which accompanies armoured formations in their Assault.

Those little mortars apcs should also be gotten rid of and replaced by PLZ70 instead.
NK F-7 is also ootf,should be replaced by F-6.

Thank you for the mod.

Excellent, I'll work on implementing these changes today then :)

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Sat 26 Apr 2014 23:34

Yeah I was wondering if China wouldn't have picked the cream of the crop to lead the charge, as in the actual regulars would have proper transports, even if the majority of forces were 'footbound' in that region.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sun 27 Apr 2014 00:05

According to Tac Error, the first mechanized division didnt surface until the PLA reforms in 1983. The BMP-analogue as seen ingame was a 1986 unit, and until then you'd have some MG armed APC's, some wheeled BTR-trucks, and then normal feet.

I'll look into replacing elite units transport with more befitting transportation options though, rather than just SX250 trucks :P

Maybe a higher distribution of Fire-Support teams would help China here, since they're losing the BMP's gun/missile combo?
Last edited by Guggy on Sun 27 Apr 2014 02:59, edited 1 time in total.

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Sun 27 Apr 2014 00:25

I have a question, can you edit specific campaign decks?