The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.4.2) [THE ULTIMATE SANDBOX]

merekemess
Private First-Class

Re: The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.2) [NOW WITH DEDICATED SERVER]

Postby merekemess » Wed 8 Feb 2017 19:02

hicks1986 wrote:I'm very confused, I've installed the mod, but I cannot see any difference from the normal game, except for the loading images...

try the download again fresh, and just run the batch.

By default the batch file is configured to make NOOB's sandbox mod. it does not install anything. it takes your copy of the game and ****s it up beautifully.

The posts following my first one are detailing how to add more mods (in their xml/patch form) to the game.

Reply with "Napalm" if everything is clear now or reply with "Napalm" if things are still unclear. Aladeen?

hicks1986
Private First-Class

Postby hicks1986 » Wed 8 Feb 2017 20:44

Napalm... what?

Ok, listen to me: I've just dowload this file here http://www.moddb.com/mods/sandbox-mod/d ... 2-61340-pc
I've unzip the WRD_Sandbox_Install_5.261340 archive and I've installed the mod in in my game folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon) following the installer istruction.

What the heck I've to do now?
If I start the game via steam I cannot see any difference except for the fact that now in the main screen and the loading screen presents the "sandbox mod" entry.

What's a batch file? You didn't mention it in mod presentation page...

merekemess
Private First-Class

Postby merekemess » Wed 8 Feb 2017 21:24

hicks1986 wrote:Napalm... what?

Ok, listen to me: I've just dowload this file here http://www.moddb.com/mods/sandbox-mod/d ... 2-61340-pc
I've unzip the WRD_Sandbox_Install_5.261340 archive and I've installed the mod in in my game folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon) following the installer istruction.

What the heck I've to do now?
If I start the game via steam I cannot see any difference except for the fact that now in the main screen and the loading screen presents the "sandbox mod" entry.

What's a batch file? You didn't mention it in mod presentation page...

That.
Ain't.
My.
Batch.
Homie.

Read my post on page 92 with the time stamp Wed 1 Feb 2017 12:18

Follow.
The.
Instructions.
Provided.

There, i have listened.
Back to napalming.

merekemess
Private First-Class

Postby merekemess » Wed 8 Feb 2017 21:31

hicks1986 wrote:What's a batch file? You didn't mention it in mod presentation page...

I am not the original modder. The original modder did a fantastic job making the mods into patches and giving us the ability to make the mod when ever the game is updated. People still had problems, such as your fine self, and that is incredibly draining after a while.

I stepped in to help and add more napalm.

I made a few adjustments to help players like you so as to eliminate your confusion and the need to "listen to [you]"

If you need more help than the instructions provide, please give me more data than "i ran it"
The more data you provide the better i can help you.

Also, if you have any ideas about how to add more napalm to the game please forward that along to yours truly as well.

hicks1986
Private First-Class

Postby hicks1986 » Wed 8 Feb 2017 23:38

merekemess wrote:

Done, everithing work fine now.
Anyway I think it's easy to understand that the page 92 of this post it's not the first place where a new user take a look for instructions...

p.s. how to unistall the mod?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 9 Feb 2017 06:42

sigh

I've just been extremely busy these days that I haven't really had the time or patience to update Sandbox yet. To merkemess and all others seeking to use the XML system: please download both the old Sandbox XML (1.5.2) and new Sandbox XML (5.1) for now. The new one has many more xml scripts that make the mod even more customizable and closer to the original Sandbox. The only reason I have the download link crossed off labeled "bugged" is the new batch program which is only slightly broken.

For everyone else, moddb is updated with the new installer. It's the exact same as the old file, just with different install locations.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

merekemess
Private First-Class

Postby merekemess » Thu 9 Feb 2017 06:51

The W:AB Noob wrote:sigh

I've just been extremely busy these days that I haven't really had the time or patience to update Sandbox yet. To merkemess and all others seeking to use the XML system: please download both the old Sandbox XML (1.5.2) and new Sandbox XML (5.1) for now. The new one has many more xml scripts that make the mod even more customizable and closer to the original Sandbox. The only reason I have the download link crossed off labeled "bugged" is the new batch program which is only slightly broken.

For everyone else, moddb is updated with the new installer. It's the exact same as the old file, just with different install locations.

Much love. Use the batch i made if that saves time.

merekemess
Private First-Class

Postby merekemess » Thu 9 Feb 2017 06:53

hicks1986 wrote:
merekemess wrote:

Done, everithing work fine now.
Anyway I think it's easy to understand that the page 92 of this post it's not the first place where a new user take a look for instructions...

p.s. how to unistall the mod?

uninstall by using steam and "verifying the game integrity"
This will check the original game files from steam and find the napalmed ones made by the batch and unfuch it. Thus the uninstalled mod/original game.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.3) [NOW WITH DEDICATED SERVER]

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 10 Feb 2017 01:19

Or use the uninstaller option when you run SandboxModInstall.exe
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

dmitryshapo
Private First-Class

Re: The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.3) [NOW WITH DEDICATED SERVER]

Postby dmitryshapo » Thu 16 Mar 2017 18:45

Why nobody playing online with this mod ? the server is always empty . Add me at Steam if you wanna play it too. Demetros Of Mitrichi