The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.4.2) [THE ULTIMATE SANDBOX]

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: The W:RD Sandbox Mod (5.3) [NOW WITH DEDICATED SERVER]

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 12 Apr 2017 00:00

Hey!
It's great to hear from another fan!

About the XML, scripts for both 15 deck slots and unlimited fuel are already available, despite me listing them as bugged. viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59305&p=1017728#p1017728

But to apply the scripts, use the batch file and system set up in the previous version viewtopic.php?f=187&t=56292&p=899674#p899674

I know, a horrible system. I should get to fixing that soon...
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

Degrootkeep2-5
Private

Postby Degrootkeep2-5 » Wed 12 Apr 2017 06:03

Strolling around the forums, I seem to have trouble with the deck for naval. Can't seem to have unlimited units for naval maps. Meaning that can't deploy units but restricted to limited amount. Other than that, everything is working! Anyways, cheers ;) (Point me to a forum where I can ask this)

lastcrusade101
Sergeant First-Class

Postby lastcrusade101 » Wed 24 May 2017 04:56

With the release of Steel Division, can we expect a sandbox for that anytime soon? I understand the game is built differently, so I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say there is no need to rush.
120 Smooth-bore > 120 Rifled

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 24 May 2017 05:20

lastcrusade101 wrote:With the release of Steel Division, can we expect a sandbox for that anytime soon? I understand the game is built differently, so I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say there is no need to rush.

Yes, you can. I haven't exactly familiarized myself with the modding tools yet because they were incompatible with the newest versions of the Beta but now with some newfound free time, there should be one coming up soon! :D

V13T
Private

Postby V13T » Sun 28 May 2017 15:14

Installed the latest version, but I do not have infinite availibility. is this intentional or a bug? (Deck slots and starting points are working fine)

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 29 May 2017 02:01

One coalition for each side should give +99900% bonus in availability, check all of them in the deck maker.

shotbywolf
Private

Postby shotbywolf » Sun 4 Jun 2017 22:04

i'm having trouble with installation the installer seems to not be able to install to the folder i have the game in could you maybe tell me how to install it manually ?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 5 Jun 2017 15:30

shotbywolf wrote:i'm having trouble with installation the installer seems to not be able to install to the folder i have the game in could you maybe tell me how to install it manually ?

What folder path are you giving it? Do you get an error message?
Because of the way I formatted the installer, manually is going to be kinda difficult.

shotbywolf
Private

Postby shotbywolf » Thu 8 Jun 2017 05:27

The W:AB Noob wrote:
shotbywolf wrote:i'm having trouble with installation the installer seems to not be able to install to the folder i have the game in could you maybe tell me how to install it manually ?

What folder path are you giving it? Do you get an error message?
Because of the way I formatted the installer, manually is going to be kinda difficult.

pc/local disk c/programfilesx86/focus home interactive /wargame red dragon.

Code: Select all

ERROR: 6/7/2017 11:12:40 PM:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Wargame Red Dragon'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at WargameModInstaller.Services.Install.InstallDirProviderBase.IsCorrectInstallDirectory(String installDirPath)
   at WargameModInstaller.ViewModels.InstallLocationViewModel.Next()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Caliburn.Micro.ActionMessage.<.cctor>b__d(ActionExecutionContext context)
   at Caliburn.Micro.ActionMessage.Invoke(Object eventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Interactivity.TriggerBase.InvokeActions(Object parameter)
   at System.Windows.Interactivity.EventTriggerBase.OnEvent(EventArgs eventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Interactivity.EventTriggerBase.OnEventImpl(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
-----------------------------------------------------

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 9 Jun 2017 04:50

It looks like you are entering in the wrong URL. You used:

pc/local disk c/programfilesx86/focus home interactive /wargame red dragon

but that looks incorrect in many aspects.
1. Unless you are a Mac user, the Wargame Red Dragon folder is in a steamapps folder.
2. For URL paths, replace your slashes "/" with backslashes "\".

pc/local disk c/programfilesx86
is not a valid address, you might have meant this:

C:\Program Files (x86)

For the correct patch, go to you Steam Library, right-click on Wargame: Red Dragon, click Properties > Local Files > BROWSE LOCAL FILES. That should open you to an Explorer window, then from there click on the path on the top of the window to highligh the real path that you should type into the installer.