"All Out War" Mod Annoucement!

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

"All Out War" Mod Annoucement!

Postby jts3579 » Sat 9 Aug 2014 04:42

This is the official forum topic for the realism/mechanized and naval combat mod called All Out War created by Assassinsco2 and I, jts3579.

ModDb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/all-out-war

Discord Server! https://discord.gg/aZNPjqJ

************************CURRENT MOD VERSION AND STATUS*****************************
All Out War v1.1100516a

****************************************************************************************************

Compatible with: Newest Wargame update

****************************************************************************************************

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/all-out-war/downloads

************************************************New Version notes:*****************************

This version is compatible with new map pack, just place the NDF_Win in the XXXXXXXXX639 folder now instead of XXXXXXXXX626/633

This version includes modded Naval units!

Changelog:
-Real Ranges for all ASMs
-Real Ranges on Naval guns *Except Kongo/Sovermenny/Udaloy ( Really far IRL)*
-All ASM trucks, planes, and helos changed to Real ranges.
*uploaded*

I made a public steam group called All Out War Player's group (AOWPG), feel free to join; its for finding other players of AOW.

*****************************************************************************************************
Next update info/eta: Next update will focus on bug fixes and fixing glaring issues with certain units.
ETA not yet determined. Work underway.

***************************************************************************************************

*If you wish to play All Out War with others, they HAVE TO have the the same version of AOW as you. If not desync will occur. You also MAY NOT play public games with people THAT DON'T have AOW unless you state that your lobby is playing a mod in the title of your game; inviting your friends to a private game is the optimal method. Eugen's rules. If broken they may count it as cheating. Desync will occur in this case but better safe than sorry.

********************Background*************************************
All Out War started as a personal mod for just me and a few friends but I have made changes that I feel others would appreciate and others would enjoy as much as I so we have decided to share it with you. The development process began summer of 2014 when the idea came to us after I had modded availability for units in the mod tools by enohka. After that is has been a long road of ups and downs and through it all we produced a quite comprehensive piece of work.

**************Main Changes and ambitions*********************

-Increased availability for EVERY UNIT, yes; EVERY SINGLE ONE. Wars are fought with Armies, not a conglomeration of what was left over in the bottom of the barrel.

-Increased realism for all weapon ranges. Whether it be the fully realistic tank gun ranges that I have added, right down the year. Tank ranges are affected by what shells were available at that specific point in time. For example; an M60a1 has much less range than an M60A3. Both possess the same gun, however the shells available during the 1960s were not as advanced as those available later on.

-Increased AA ranges and damage system. Radar SAMs have their FULL REAL RANGES. Yes that means you get 4 patriots with 70km of range. BUTTTTTT, SEAD planes also have real ranges, and hunt AA mercifully with new longer range missiles and better detection. The Radar SAMs cannot fire at helicopters at their full range, I have introduced this mechanic to simulate what the military calls "ground clutter" when a plane or helicopter is close to the ground the Radar has a hard time locking the target due to the amount of Hills, trees, buildings and other "clutter: therefore Radar SAMs are useless past 4000m on helicopters. Infrared AA has its full ranges against all targets, but lacks the One Hit Kill of a Radar SAM. SPAAGs also possess real ranges and are now force to be reckoned with, slower targets beware of SPAAG fire for it won't take long to aerate your fuselage.

-Realistic ATGM ranges, along with added speed. ATGMs in vanilla looked like bumble bees making their way to their far away target; only to miss. I have increased the speed to more closely emulate realistic ATGMs which travel much faster than in the base game. This makes them all around more viable and with a bit of an accuracy buff makes them a dreadful ambush weapon. I still advise anyone with ATGMs to avoid open ground, tanks and IFVs new ranges will tear up a lightly armored ATGM launcher, use from cover and watch chaos ensue.

-Realistic IFV Auto-cannon ranges coupled with a boost in machine gun range makes infatry carriers actually viable to support your advancing infantry!

- All units have more sight range to make up for increased weapon ranges

-Planes fly MUCH higher now, and dogfights are a wondrous sight. Missiles and bullets streak through the sky as their own personal air war takes place. Increased availability for planes means more dogfights!

-Helicopters fly higher also, this makes them much more realistic (Who the hell flies through trees??) and also they can see further now. Attack helicopters have better angles on their targets. But watch out! High flying helos are more susceptible to ground AA fire!

-Artillery has been made deadlier, I mean no more suppression rain. Yes, artillery spammers have been rewarded. But you have much more effective arsenal of weapons to counter them now. So use your brain and you''ll be ok!

-With all the realistic changes made it has created a "balance through realism" as I call it. You can't spam across a field and expect your attack to go well, you have to use tactics and wit to outsmart and outmaneuver your opponent; who all the while is trying to do the same to you! So fight bravely,take calculated risks, and reap the rewards of Victory!

Welcome to All Out War!

*********************************** :D Current Changelog and notes :D ***************************************************

-First I'd like to thank you all for your patience and to please pray that Eugen doesn't break mods again with the upcoming maps. (Please Eugen, I beg of you. :? )

THIS RELEASE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING CHANGES:

-Fully modded ranges for all Units

-A plethora of other modded stats and tweaks for realism too numerous to mention, a few off the top of my head;
*Higher flying planes and helicopters
*HE added to cluster munitions
*Increased artillery effectiveness
*More availability on every unit, war is fought with armies; not 5 tanks and 10 infantry.
-Improved skirmish AI behavior (they now last longer by spending more effectively and they also dont start with tons more money than a human player, so no early game steam roll :D )

-Realistic tank gun ranges, realistic ATGM ranges, Realistic Radar SAM ranges, realistic balancing for many other units.

-I had to make a couple tweaks to SPAAGs to make them useful, their ranges are tiny bit higher than realistic but that just how Wargame's distance played into the new Aircraft altitudes. They now fit into the game better, I've played test matches and I have to say, my balance through realism philosophy really came out nice. It works well, however brutal. Your mistakes will be punished severely but your tactical successes multiplied. Successful Unit placement and choice is essential to victory, play it like vanilla and you will die. My MVP last game was a pair of PT-76s just to highlight that.

- My virtual blood, sweat, tears , dreams and laptop went into this. So be nice :lol:

Thanks for following development guys, I appreciate it.

War is hell gentlemen, and All Out War can only live up to that.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Happy commie and/or capitalist hunting! I'll see you on the battlefield.

My Steam and Wargame name is: jts3579

Feel free to friend me or message me to play, or discuss anything related to the mod.
Last edited by jts3579 on Sat 15 Oct 2016 02:44, edited 70 times in total.

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

Re: "All Out War" Mod Annoucement!

First full version released, download below.

Some Screenshots:

Big thanks Vasto and all the other skin guys for making some of these amazing skins that I absolutely love to use!
If you want a true realistic experience you guys should head over to the re-skin area on Shifu's list and download some of the amazing work featured there.

Spoiler : :

Last edited by jts3579 on Sun 6 Sep 2015 03:46, edited 12 times in total.

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

************************CURRENT MOD VERSION***************************
All Out War v1.1070716a
*********************************************************************************
Compatible with: newest update
*********************************************************************************
Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/all-out-war/d ... v11070716a
Last edited by jts3579 on Thu 7 Jul 2016 19:48, edited 19 times in total.

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

Postby jts3579 » Sat 9 Aug 2014 04:43

Last edited by jts3579 on Wed 14 Oct 2015 10:15, edited 13 times in total.

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

Postby jts3579 » Sat 9 Aug 2014 04:43

*RESERVED***

jts3579
Staff Sergeant

Postby jts3579 » Sat 9 Aug 2014 04:44

*RESERVED***

jts3579
Staff Sergeant