Announcement (kind of) Vietnam war mod !

Weeaboo
Private

Re: Announcement (kind of) Vietnam war mod !

Postby Weeaboo » Thu 9 Jun 2016 10:24

Darkmil wrote:I really need help to name Vietnamese infantry.
Or if someone speak Vietnamese (and can write it) I'd like to know, if I can't name it precisely, how to say in Vietnamese
  • Line infantry
  • Shock infantry
  • Volounteers/Militia
  • Anti-tank team
  • LAAD/MANPADS
  • Combat engineer
(No need to Google translate it if you can't speak Vietnamese, I can do this myself)

Okay, here goes
  • Line infantry = bộ đội, lit. "infantry"
  • Shock infantry = bộ binh cơ giới, lit. "motorized/mechanized infantry". I still haven't got a chance to find out if we do distinct between moto and mech infantry in the VPA, however, judging the timeline of the mod, the BMP-1 (our only adopted IFV so far) was not yet in service, they're likely to be motorized infantries.
  • Volunteers/Militia: Errr, we can go with Việt Cộng, since as far as I know, volunteers for the war efforts tend to be assigned to logistic and communications than doing any actual fighting, unless they're hunting commandos that is.
  • Anti-tank team: The VPA during Vietnam War was issued RPGs, SPG-9 recoiless and Malyutkas to be used against armored targets. The latter two, I'm not really sure if they have names/nicknames, since they're mostly found stationary to ambush patrols, and thus counted as fortifications. The RPG teams would be called đội săn tăng, trans. "tank hunters". Unlike those FISTs ingame though, they didn't carry HE-F rockets to fight infantries.
  • LAAD/MANPADS = bộ đội phòng không, lit. "anti-aircraft infantry". Actually, you can use this phrase to describe any personnel from the Anti-Air/Air Force branch though.
  • Combat engineer = công binh, basically Sapeur reskinned.
  • BONUS - Special Force: Contary to what you might have heard, or read on wiki, the unit đặc công isn't just "sappers", they are our SF, lit. "special assault". I can see why they get that name though, since most of their victories involve the spectacular blown-up of strategic targets, although they do cooperate with regular regiments on major battles.
That would be it for now :P

Darkmil
Colonel

Postby Darkmil » Thu 9 Jun 2016 18:48

Big thanks ! I have to restart form scratch though (Well not the army draft).

paione
Private

Postby paione » Fri 3 Mar 2017 15:15

So whats the status on the mod dev? is it still going? or dead by now?

Darkmil
Colonel

Postby Darkmil » Fri 3 Mar 2017 19:25

I won't lie, this is kind of dead. Even if I did some updates to the army list quite recently, I never got around to make it work properly. The DLCs kind of screwed what I had modded. And for the time being, I'm a bit short on time.