Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.25; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support

rhe39
Private First-Class

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.12; Dead in the Water (Naval units)

Postby rhe39 » Thu 24 Aug 2017 12:25

Spectre.. can i ask ur help? im in trouble looking for missile's handler in Tammunition/Tmissile. Can pls help me find the missile launcher handler for KA-50 and naval's anti ship missiles? Seeking ur reply soon! :D

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Thu 24 Aug 2017 15:30

This stuff's not hard.

Next time ask in the modding help thread. This thread isn't a 'how to mod' tutorial.
image.gif
image.gif (180.76 KiB) Viewed 182 times

rhe39
Private First-Class

Postby rhe39 » Thu 24 Aug 2017 16:35

Stunned.. its really simple haha.. Again and again huge help from you thnks! Oh i see.. i will use 'right' place to ask stuff like these ;) .. btw ur mod is one of the best! keep it up spectre!

Bulajunior
Private First-Class

Postby Bulajunior » Thu 24 Aug 2017 18:37

Is there anything that can be done about ingame models on vehicles for example the Jackal being a Saxon, Tornado EP2 being a Harrier etc. Sorry for Brit examples. All I have really tested so far, just in awe of all the new gucci kit.

Jack Sutton
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jack Sutton » Thu 24 Aug 2017 20:20

Sadly there is nothing he can do with models.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Thu 24 Aug 2017 22:16

Bulajunior wrote:Is there anything that can be done about ingame models on vehicles for example the Jackal being a Saxon, Tornado EP2 being a Harrier etc. Sorry for Brit examples. All I have really tested so far, just in awe of all the new gucci kit.

I hadn't noticed the EF3 was using a harrier model. I can fix that, since the tornado model is in the game.
New Models can't be added. I just have to use existing models that look close to what the replacement unit is. There isn't really anything in game that looks much like a Jackal unfortunately.

revolverswitch
Corporal

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.11; Dead in the Water (Naval units)

Postby revolverswitch » Thu 24 Aug 2017 23:49

Is there any way to put in the [DEF] feature for some AA units?

AAM-4 TDR missile for japan has had its fire rate nerfed way back because it was super OP. No-one who plays Japan wanted to tell me this, apparently.

huh, I was fine with it like that; assuming that F-15JKAI is meant to be an incredible ASF.

I remembered there was Kurganets 57mm for Soviet Union in A&S v1. But I also looked up the weapon that it uses (AU-220M) and it seems that it will be in use for many vehicles including patrol boats as well as t-15 and bmp-3. I'm guessing you will keep it on the kurganets until we get more info on this?

Also, should MRAPs be a thing in this mod?

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Fri 25 Aug 2017 00:26

Also, should MRAPs be a thing in this mod?

No. No MRAPs. They're a product of the widespread low intensity warfare that's been happening over the last two decades.

Ash and Shadows takes place in a setting where the cold war went hot and high intensity open war has driven military planning.

Is there any way to put in the [DEF] feature for some AA units?

Its easy enough to do, but not useful.
In the base game, only SSM's have hit points and can be shot down. Even if I gave them HP, I don't want all missiles to be interceptable.
And then things that would be useful to make interceptable; SSBM's for example, aren't missiles and can't be shot down.

huh, I was fine with it like that; assuming that F-15JKAI is meant to be an incredible ASF.

I want it to be good, but not to such an extent that it's twice as good as any other ASF in the game. It's still pretty good. Ripple firing pairs of AAM-4's at 12k range makes it very powerful.

I remembered there was Kurganets 57mm for Soviet Union in A&S v1. But I also looked up the weapon that it uses (AU-220M) and it seems that it will be in use for many vehicles including patrol boats as well as t-15 and bmp-3. I'm guessing you will keep it on the kurganets until we get more info on this?

That, and the AMRAD are also missing. with the removal of radar from SPAAG and the changes to ADN's in general, those platforms aren't so necessary for game balance. So I'm leaving them out.

GUNPOINT101
Corporal

Postby GUNPOINT101 » Fri 25 Aug 2017 11:52

Thanks for the last few updates! Here are some things that I noticed that are inconsistent:

1. The F-35B should be in the Marines category.
2. The Chinese Kong Jiang unit should be in the Airborne Category
a. Also, the Chinese Kong Jiang doesn't use the ZBD 05. In fact, they use the ZLC 2000/WZ
506 which has three HJ-73C (the Chinese version of the Malyutka, 25 mm autocannon,
and one 7.62 mm mg called the Type 86.
In my opinion, for the model, you could use the BMD 3 as one since the ZLC 2000 is
partially based on it.
3. The ZBL 08's DSHK MG should be replaced by a 7.62 mm mg called the Type 86.
4. The Lu ZhanDui should have the ZBL 08 as one of their transports.

As for the problems:

1. The Z-10K appears in the armory, but it doesn't appear in the deck builder when I tried to build a deck for China.

Also, can we now start suggesting new units and potential configurations to be added into the mod?

Bulajunior
Private First-Class

Postby Bulajunior » Fri 25 Aug 2017 20:18

Hi just a quick one the British Type 23 Frigate (Iron Duke Class) Is under Redfor not Blufor.