Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.24; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support

sparky33
Private

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.19.5; Now with a Discord link

Postby sparky33 » Fri 8 Sep 2017 02:41

Hi, I love the 2.05 mod, I download it on my computer and it was really fun playing with it, I have been playing the 2.05 for couple of months and I didn't download new version of the mod when it was released, I try to download the 2.19.5 today but when I download the 2.05 back in June or July I got a folder icon, which have everything in the folder to install the mod. When I download the 2.19.5 today I got a paper icon and when it was finish download I click on it it give me a message saying "Choose a app to open with this" , I don't know what happen, maybe I download it wrong or something. For the 2.05 I just click the link and download it with no problem. Could someone help me solve the problem.

fox_the_apprentice
Sergeant Major

Postby fox_the_apprentice » Fri 8 Sep 2017 03:33

Did you already extract the archive? IIRC it comes as a RAR (like a zip, but with better recovery from errors in the file. Can't remember if it's more compression or not).

Also, welcome to the forums!

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Fri 8 Sep 2017 03:34

fox_the_apprentice wrote:Not in the change log, but you fixed the US F-15 ASF's missile.

Honestly, I expected you to just reduce the rating of the CHAM-SU-RI instead of buffing it. :)

The player guide is missing the CIWS traits of the 20 point COASTAL CUTTER ship and the 25 point RIVER command ship.

I didn't think those two had CIWS, but I'll look again.

, I don't know what happen, maybe I download it wrong or something. For the 2.05 I just click the link and download it with no problem. Could someone help me solve the problem.

When you follow the link, you should see a folder like the one I've attached. Click on the file (don't right click and save as) then you should get the prompt shown - download anyway.

Is this what you're seeing?
DL.png
DL.png (35.32 KiB) Viewed 320 times

Then you'll need something like Winzip to extract it. You can download and use winzip for free.

sparky33
Private

Postby sparky33 » Fri 8 Sep 2017 05:17

Yes that what I see and I click "Download anyway" but it download showing up as a paper icon, when I download 2.05 it show up in a folder icon after I the 2.05 is finish downloading I didn't extract the files I just click on the folder and it open up to the mod installer.
When I finish downloading the 2.19.5 I click on it and it say "Choose a app to open this file" or something like that, and I don't see the 7-zip like I say on the install guide and extract the files.

fox_the_apprentice
Sergeant Major

Postby fox_the_apprentice » Fri 8 Sep 2017 17:43

sparky33 wrote:[...] and I don't see the 7-zip like I say on the install guide and extract the files.

Do you have 7-zip installed on your computer? It isn't installed by default.

You can use any file compression/extraction program that is compatible with rar files. I personally use 7-zip (and so does the install guide), but there are many options. Here's a tutorial: https://www.howtogeek.com/73904/beginne ... -mac-os-x/

Once the file is extracted, you'll want to navigate to the folder you extracted them to and follow the install instructions from step 4 (steps 1-3 is just on how to download and extract the file).

I stayed with v1.x until 2.10 was out, so I can't say for sure, but it's possible the file type was changed from a zip file to a rar file. This would explain the change in appearance from a folder icon (Windows has built-in support for zip files) to a file icon.

sparky33
Private

Postby sparky33 » Fri 8 Sep 2017 20:25

Thanks for the help, I got the mod working.
I got one quick question, does the mod work on Mac computer? , because my brother use Mac and I want to play with him in the mod.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 8 Sep 2017 20:40

sparky33 wrote:[...] and I don't see the 7-zip like I say on the install guide and extract the files.

Your Google-fu is weak.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

fox_the_apprentice
Sergeant Major

Postby fox_the_apprentice » Fri 8 Sep 2017 23:03

sparky33 wrote:Thanks for the help, I got the mod working.
I got one quick question, does the mod work on Mac computer? , because my brother use Mac and I want to play with him in the mod.

I don't have a mac to test with, but the user guide states "Ash and Shadows currently only supports windows versions of WG:RD running under english language settings"

I'd probably try it and see; worst case scenario is that you can't and it breaks something.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Sat 9 Sep 2017 03:29

A&S is not supported on macs. It will not run on them.

There was a short window in May before I had my desktop back when I was using 7zip, but I'm back on winrar now.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.20; Now with a Discord link

Postby Spectre_nz » Wed 13 Sep 2017 06:19

v 2.20 is going up.

The Kord ROF has been slightly increased, from 1.2 to 1.1sec cycle time, while its reload time has been increased form 4.5sec to 5sec. It has also been given a minimum range to prevent it being used at point blank in a city fight.

Infantry grenade launcher damage has been increased from 1 to 1.5

The M2 Browning and Dishka HMG ROF has been improved to 1 shot per 0.8 sec for HE damage

Helo-borne Verba missiles ROF decreased from 0.8 sec cycle time to 1.2sec and Damage reduced from 6 to 5 HE

Su-57, F-35B Marine and Mig-35 given the same optical response time, so they should be on an equal footing when it comes to ID'ing targets.

Jaguar Gr1 with clusters replaced with glide bomb equipped typhoon

Cost of Harrier Gr 5 buffed to 55pts

Gebergsjager unit count increased from 2 to 10

Himars moral damage radius shrunk to match reduced scatter radius

'Spice 2000' glide bomb renamed 'Glide bomb'

Mi-38 given improved optics, hopefully it will fire on targets with its rockets more effectively now.

4x SRBM launchers and 2x SRBM launcher aim times reduced, morale damage radius shrunk, flight speed increased from 55000 units to 90000-115000units. This compares to the Iskander at 155000 units.

Several redfor ship SAM missile havehad their anti-helo range increased

Both red and blufor have been given a dual purpose helo carrying both AShMs and Air to Air missiles

Type 91 Kai missiles on Japanese Ninja helo upgraded to Stinger block II

Mistral missiles on Tiger HAP and VAB mistral upgraded to Mistral 2

ANZAC squirrel recon helo upgraded to AW-109, given Stinger II missiles.

Polish W-3W helo missiles upgraded to Igla V's

Ka-50 air to air missiles upgraded to Verbas

Ka-52 air to air missiles upgraded to R-73-V's