Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.05 test version released

Spectre_nz
Sergeant Major of the Army

Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.05 test version released

Postby Spectre_nz » Sat 3 Oct 2015 04:59

Reminder; Its always a good idea to back up your existing NDF_win and ZZ_win files in case you break something

Big News!
The 2.05 Test version is now available for download.
It is a partial roll-out. It will be playable, but not all units are finished and it is certainly not balanced.

v2.05 test edition download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B51d- ... 2Jvb1kyOUU
v1.x legacy version download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B51d- ... UQ1X3N5WFU

Part of the reason I'm releasing this is I'm packing up and returning home at the end of March after several years in the US. So my computer goes in a crate and will be on a ship for 6-8 weeks. This will preclude me from doing much in the way of updates in April and May. So I'll put this out for people to test out.
There's a small window of opportunity between now and the end of March for me to fix a few things, but, don't expect a finished version in the next two weeks...

The purpose of this release is;
To give people a look at what A&S v2 is developing into
To get some feedback on some of the new gameplay
To get more eyes looking for bugs
To give fans something to do while I take a 6 to 8 week modding hiatus

V1.x remains a better choice to play multi player matches with humans, but v2.01 should be good enough to beat the snot out of AI opponents have the AI beat the snot out of you, or test in multi-player if you're ok with the fact that parts of it as of now are horribly broken.

Things to inform me of:
General feedback
Game crashing bugs (if you can figure out which unit is causing a crash, extra points)
An adenum to the above; also mention when the crash occurs eg: when you try to deploy it, when you select it in the menu
Weapons with 4567890 units of ammo
on-map names that don't match armory names; although I don't anticipate any of these
Anything in the Armored or Air tabs that seems a little weird
Weapons or units named 'Depc' or with clearly out of place names
Infantry units that have transports of another nation
Transports that lack the option to disembark their passengers
Potential name suggestions for UANSAR and Indian units in the Logi, Support and vehicle tabs.

If you're unsure, flick me a PM. There are bound to be issues I haven't thought of.
-known issue: not every infantry unit with the tag [heavy] actually has the correct damage settings. I'll be working on this.

Things I don't need to be informed of yet - Since I still have a back log of known issues I'm working through
Imbalanced points costs; points ballance will come later, but feel free to take notes for the future.
Anything in the Canadian, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian air tabs. I know, they're unfinished
Out of place weapons on Canadian infantry. Unfinished
Indian weapons in the Isralie infantry tab. Also unfinished
Anything in the Logistics, support, vehicle, helo or naval tabs. All unfinished for now.
Miss-matched unit icons; still working on all this.

Known current issues
The RO-MkIII tank crashes the game when you click on it
A bunch of Chinese units have way too high availability
Still a lot of 12.7mm HMGs are yet to get their AP 1 stat
Damage table issue that was preventing small arms from damaging heavy infantry will be fixed with the next release

You'll need the DLC's if you want to play with the Israeli, Indian, UANSUAR and Yugoslav units, but this version won't crash if you have DLC units in your decks.

Points of interest to check out;
Helos now all have medium stealth or better, unless they're very large in size
Top end SAMs are now very damaging and very accurate, but very slow; they'll one shot any non-armored aircraft, but are dodgeable if you spot the missile in time. I'm doing this to move away from the 'Acquisition RADAR' attempt of approximating the panic inducing nature of flying in unfriendly skies, and transferring that experience to you, the player. Top tier SAMs should now worry the shit out of you. Plan accordingly. (This one is going to be tricky to get right; too slow and they never score a hit, too fast and you can't readily avoid them)

This should also make SPAAG terrifying. A stunned plane is very likely a dead plane now.

[HEAVY] Infantry : I finally did that thing I've been trying for ages; infantry with a separate damage modifier. infantry with the [HEAVY] tag have a 0.5x multiplier to HE damage (assuming I've correctly added in the right damage instance, I think I've worked through about 30% of the required changes) compared to standard infantry with a 0.8x multiplier. The result is that heavy infantry should be ~40% more resilient than regular infantry. No need for extra HP.

Approximate progress guide:
Core unit changes:

Logistics tabs: 2% Complete
Infantry tabs: 85% Complete
Armor tabs: 95% Complete
Support tabs: 5% Complete
Vehicle tabs: 10% Complete
Helo tabs: 20% Complete
Air tabs: 80% Complete
Naval tabs: 0% complete

By 'Core unit changes' I mean Unit name, card icon, weapons, ammo and basic stats like armor, hit points, speed and autonomy.

Most nations have their finalized armor tabs, except North Korea, as for some reason, working on North Korean tanks bores the hell out of me.
Consider these core changes 'mostly final'. Unless there's a really good reason to take a unit out, do a swap or change a weapon, its probably staying the way it is.
There are a number of places where new units are yet to be swapped in, so, please don't swamp the thread with the same old 'Please gib me x' requests yet.

There will then need to be a lot of fine tuning for balance; points cost, number of cards, units per card and deck specialization.

Little things like the unit ID flag (what it displays on the map: Armor unit, Helo gunship, AT infantry, that sorta thing) will also need to be sorted out, as some units will have a miss-match.

Damage system overhaul
For Ash and Shadows v2.0 I've made a considerable overhaul to the damage system. Allow me to demonstrate with graphs

Classic damage curve for AP22

New Damage curve for AP22

Additionally, the damage rise with reduced range to target had been halved. previously it was a 1 pt increase per +175m closer to the target, now it's +1pt per 350m.

This also couples with more HP for units;
IFV's and light tanks: 15HP
Medium tanks: 20HP
Heavy tanks: 24HP
Super-heavies: 28HP
Super-survivable Superheavies: 30HP

I've given across the board buffs to vehicles that had Armor values below 12-15 (improving the armor values of most IFV's) and raised the AP values of most KE weapons by 1. As an approximate rule, tanks now carry a weapon with an AP 1 higher than the frontal armor of a target of equivalent role and era, where-as previously, comparable tanks typically had a parity of AP and frontal armor.

Ok, so what does that mean?
1) Hits-to-kill should feel approximately the same for medium tanks. Heavy tanks will feel a little more survivable, while superheavies get about 50% tougher while still being vulnerable to weaker weapons in large numbers (unlike previously where most non-superheavy opponents couldn't do damage to them at all)

2) Under-powered KE weapons will no longer be so useless when used en-mass on heavy targets.
Previously, KE weapons stopped doing damage above AP = Target armor. Now, when AP = AR you'll be doing 2.5 dmg, 2 dmg when AP is one lower, 1dmg when 2 lower, and 0.5dmg when 3 lower

3) The low end of the KE chart is now a little more viable. As a result I'll be able to add in some anti-material sniper rifles and give 12.5mm and 14.7mm HMG's an AP of 1 (M2's, DshKs and NSVT's) Medium tanks will rule over IFV's, but IFV's will still be able to do significant damage to mediums at close range, especially from the sides and rear with the improvements to auto-cannons and HMG's.
Fights between IFV's should also be more interesting, with auto-cannons and HMG's all being viable weapons against targets with Armor values 4-10.
Hummer's and similar armored cars can get upgraded to armor 1 without suddenly becoming OP, and being desirable over armor 0 due to their improved survivability against HMG's.

4) Top attack weapons have been given their own special part of the HEAT damage table. I've been able to put in a different damage curve for this region, so cluster munitions in particular will be useful against the toughest super-heavies, without becoming stupidly OP vs all other targets. They'll still mince top armor 0 targets however.

5) HEAT weapons will have a slight damage advantage over KE weapons of the same AP when AP = target armor, +/-1. KE weapons are then the most efficient choice when AP is 2-10 points higher than target armor. HEAT then becomes more efficient again once AP exceeds target armor by more than 10.
Given that most tank guns will have AP in the range of 18-26, they're best employed against the sides of heavy tanks with armor values around 8 to 16 or against medium tanks in general. HEAT weapons with an AP above 20 will be most efficient against the Frontal armor of heavy tanks, or the rear armor of anything. Infantry LAW's with AP 16 or below will still damage and stun heavies (especially en mass) but really only intended for knocking out IFV's, light armor and medium tanks.

you can view the full set of damage table changes here

Unrelated to damage table changes:

I'm making all SPAAG non-radar. Their battlefield utility just wasn't high enough with the radar trait, they are just too easy to pick off with SEAD. Consequently, they're hardly ever taken and are rarely utilized in their intended role.

Upcoming cnages to the DLC nations

Israel
Israel will be about the least changed of the recent DLC nations. They're getting the standard armory time-period adjustment, and that's about it.
The Merkava Mk IV and the Merkava IV Meil Ruach ('wind breaker' or 'wind coat'), the APS equipped Merkava are probably the most recognizable. A few changes to infantry unit names to get rid of the '90's' names. Infantry tab will be getting more Tavors, Negevs and Galils. Air tab will get a couple of tweaks, but its pretty competitive already.

Holland --> India
As a bluefor nation, with a lot of Redfor Kit. Should be interesting.
India will be getting the Su-50MKI, an export version of the PAK-FA (it's current R&D designation, which I should really change to Su-50 in game) Plus Su-30MKI's, a few other Migs and F-16's. Tank section will be mostly all Russian exports with a pair of home-grown Arjuns. Infantry section is fairly well fleshed out. A mix of Isralie and homegrown infantry weapons. They've got a couple of home-grown helos too.
Vehicle tab will need a bit of work.

Yugoslavia
Some updates based on what the serbians developed 1996-2016. Degman tanks and T-84D's. No new Air-craft, but they came out with a few things I can fire in the vehicle tab.

Finland --> UANSUR

A big blob of various south american nations together. Alternate history where communist guerrillas gained a better strangle-hold over south american politics and things like operation condor had some nasty blow-back for NATO.
Should retain a lot of finland-unit feel. Light and fast units, a focus on medium tanks over heavy ones. Nations like Peru and Venezuela contribute to a solid air-tab. F-16's, Mig 29's and Su-30's. Hind's from Venezuela and Brazil as well.

Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WGAAS

Some thanks:

EUGEN
- For actually developing the game.

ENOLKA
- Making the Mod Suite.

VASTO
- For making all those tutorials

NARCISSISTIC BLACK
-I flat out copied half your 'thanks' list

SHIFU
- For all the organized help guides

ALB:NOOB
- For tips and advice

Contributors ;Rex88, Cyan
- For assorted unit suggestion

I've also been reading a lot of various forum posters on their thoughts on game balance, although I forget exactly who.

So, the mod.
Wargame: Ash and Shadows

Ash and Shadows is a mod featuring an increased prevalence of stealth units (according to the W:RD gameplay trailer, its pronounced 'Steeelth'), adjusted unit balance, changes to radar AA and SEAD and a time-frame moved forward to 2015.

Invisible morale beams:
Don't send me bug reports when your planes seem to panic for no reason; long ranged radar AA now has 'acquisition radar' set up as a weapon that will cause morale damage, stun and occasionally cause critical damage to aircraft. (occasionally critical hits will cause fires and 1pt of damage to a unit, can't get around this yet)

Additionally, some SEAD aircraft have Jamming suites that plink SAM launchers in the same way, stunning them and eroding their morale. Also works on ships.

2015 unit choices:
I've styled this mod as a future that could have been; it's not our 2015, its the 2015 that follows on from what was more or less WW3 from 1984-1990. In the previous two games we saw the Soviets invade Europe, Scandinavia and then Japan, China and Russia turn on each other, a second Korean war and a bunch of smaller conflicts.
In the wake of that, Weapons projects that never made it today had the faults ironed out of them, and 'Defunded due to the end of the cold war' wasn't a thing that happened.
East and West Germany will have unified however. And some current NATO derived weaponry of Poland and the Czech republic will
have to be assumed to have been developed along parallel lines or acquired by reverse engineering.

I've tried to find differing ways to balance the two sides, for example, the US takes the stealth route for its ASF's, Soviets go for less stealthy platforms with stand-off AA missiles so they are more able to remain under the umbrella of their own ADN. US goes for Stealthy Helos, Soviets go for high speed helos.

I'm planning to re-do East-Germany altogether and replace them with REDMED, A Pan-African league with one or two extras. Basically a collection of Pro-Soviet nations who border the Mediterranean and historically, sided with the Soviets: Lybia, Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Yugoslavia, or at least, Yugoslavian tanks that the other nations picked up after the Balkan wars.

Spoiler : older v1.x 1st post :
This is an alpha Beta, not fully finished or balanced
First up, a download link;
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WGAAS

There are two options: manually take the NDF and ZZ_win files and put them where they need to go, OR, use the auto-installer kindly provided by W:AB Noob, available as a folder in the above link.
(I've edited the auto-installer and it will now work with the 626 map patch)
Also, the name changes only apply to the english language section of the ZZ_win file, so you have to play it in english to see the units with the correct names.

To keep the auto-installer up to date, you need to download and replace the new NDF_win and ZZ_win files I upload and replace the ones inside the folder called 'files' in the auto-installer. Don't touch the ones inside 'original', these are the original unaltered files as released by eugen that get swapped back when you uninstall.

For those new to using mods, the path for where you want to put them will look something like
F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC
Then, the NDF_Win.dat file goes in the folder numbered 430000610, and ZZ_Win.dat goes in 430000587\430000609

New Patch!
The correct folder now for NDF_win.dat is WARGAME\PC\510012575
The correct folder now for ZZ_win.dat is WARGAME\PC\430000639\510011681

New Patch!
The correct folder now for NDF_win.dat is WARGAME\PC\510025133
The correct folder now for ZZ_win.dat is WARGAME\PC\510024744\510025133

Additional update: A second version of the ZZ_win file that is in the 609 folder with the mod files goes to a third location;
WARGAME\PC\430000587\430000609

While they share the same name, these two ZZ_win files contain different information, so don't mix them up.

Global changes

Radar SAM's missile have an across the board range increase
Range increases on ARM missiles
Reduction in points cost from 2 to 1 for the second slot of Logistics, infantry and support
Additional 4 pt infantry slot added
Additional 5 pt aircraft slot added
Reduction in accuracy of older BVR radar missiles, to reflect the impact of DRFM jamming suceptability on older guidance systems
A range of more minor weapon renames and adjustments
Increase in top armor for a number of Tank CV's
Reduction in cost of medium and low end tanks
Points reduction for a number of higher cost special forces and shock infantry, as infantry is now a lot more vunrable with the proliferation of air power and tanks.

Yet to be implemented
decrease cost of non-armored CV's
Increase availability and decrease cost of infantry CV's
Adding more representative unit cards for new units

Out of date list of updates from v1.x

Bluefor

ANZACs
Spoiler : :
Diggers '90 renamed to Diggers
Diggers renamed to ANZACs and given the M240 to represent the FN mag 58, replacing the Bren
Commandos '90 renamed to Commandos
Commandos renamed to Hauraki Regiment and given the M240 to represent the FN mag 58, replacing the Bren
Leo AS1 price reduced, armor altered to avoid cross-over with another change
Leo AS1+ price reduced, armor altered to avoid cross-over with another change
M1A1 added; So far as I can tell, the Aussies requisitioned the M1A1HA but requested the depleted uranium armor elements removed. So I've set it up as the baseline M1A1 with the M1A1HC gun.
ARH Tiger Added.
REDEYE to be retooled as MISTRAL troops
Milan ATGM infantry rerolled with Javelin missile, with top attack mode
M108 Rerolled as 60mm mortarstorm
F-18E Superhornet added
F-18G growler added
F-16 Kiwi added
NZSAS armament changed to distinguish them from the UK SBS

Yet to be implemented

ANZAC storm infantry to be added, equipped with Metalstorm grenade launchers in place of a squad MG
Re-roll a RR jeep as a mobile metal-storm unit
Add the ARH tiger with APKWS
Re-roll the M41A1 as an M1A1 Abrams

CAN

Electric Voodoo given jamming suite, HARM's removed... Can't remember if I've actually done this
ADATS AA range improved
Leo2A6M added
Canadian airborne rerolled as JTF2
Highlanders renamed Blackwatch
Rocket carrying F-18 replaces rocket carrying F-104
ASF and SEAD Gripen added

To be implemented:

ADATS MMEV
Leo 2A4

DEN
Leo 2A5DK added
Ceasar DK arty added
F-16 JSOW added
F-16EC added
CV9035 DK added
M6 Mosgris replaced with a Hummer
Spejdervogn m/10 added
Several infantry renames and weapon adjustments

FR
AMX30B has been rerolled to the AMX30 Furtif, an AMX with a stealth rating. Apparently the French made a prototype, so...
AMB30 Valorise rerolled to AMX-40E, with a kick ass 8 round autoloader that probabl never existed.
AMX30 Rerolled into Leclerc Serie 1
Leclerc renamed to Leclerc Serie 2
AMX-13 Rerolled to Leclerec Serie XXI
The Leclerc Autoloaders have all been slightly tweaked. Previously it had been a single 22 round stack with 5 seconds between real shots, while other tanks had their 6.6s salvo reload to slow them down. Now the Autoloader carosel is spilt into two 19 round groups, with a 12,10 or 8 second reload and 5.5, 5 and 4.8 seconds between real shots. for the Serie 1, 2 and XXI.

Hades SRBM added
Mirage 5 line upgraded into mirage 2000's
Mirage F1M bomber added
Yet to be implemented

Re-roll older units into Séries XXI and Séries 2 Leclerc tanks.

GER

Jamming suite given to Tornado ERC
Patriot PAC2 Added in, a re-rolled IHAWK from the US
Added:
Leo 1A6
Leo 2A6
Leo2A7+
Leo2-140
fallschirmjager's rerolled as KSK special forces, armed with MP7 and Matador LAW.
Decksgrupp will also get an MP7 as a result.
Milan1 rerolled as Milan ER, renamed Panzerjagers
Added Puma IFV
Added Boxer APC
Added Eurofighter Typhoon for Germany
Added Mig-29G for Germany
Marder 2 armor reduced, keeps high-powered Autocannon
PARS-3 ATGM as a replacement for the HOT missile on the Tiger
IRST missiles added
Yet to be implemented

JAP
Rerolled Type 61 into type 10 MBT
Added patriot
JSDF 1st airborne reco troops added
AH-64 Apache added
Kutei renamed to CRF, a comparivly low cost elite infantry choice
Kutei '90 drop the '90
LMAT type 01 ATGM infantry added

Yet to be implemented
Add Type 10 MBT

NOR
NASAMS2 added, a Rerolled Chaparral from the US deck
Leo 2A4 added
Leo 2A5 added
NH-90 Helo added
F-5A PUFF rerolled into F-16AM ROYSKATT, still a SEAD aircraft.
Yet to be implemented

ROK
M48 Something re-rolled as K2 MBT
M48 Something re-rolled as K2 PIP
F16 Peace Bridge Rerolled as F-15SE Silent eagle
F-15K Slam eagle added
KW1 Scorpion APC added
K21 IFV added
M21 FSV added, the FSV version of the K21
Pzf3 is now a little more common in the SK infantry lineup
Yet to be implemented

Add K2 MBT
Add KSTAM (?)

SWE
Reroll STRV 102 as STRV 122 (a Leo2A6, basically)
Archer wheeled arty added
Kurstjagere renamed Sarskilda operationsgruppe, change in weapons loadout
Kurstjagere '90 drop the '90
Hemvarnsman equipped with the AK4 rifle
The AK5 rifle is now a little more common in the Swedish lineup
RBS 23 SAM added
RBS 97 Hawk added
CV90105 added
HKP 16 (the Swedish designation of the blackhawk) replaces the Huey
JAS-39E and JAS-39F Grippen variants added
Yet to be implemented

UK
Rapier FSA rerolled to Rapier FSB, improved range and reload time
Rapier rerolled to Rapier 2000, improved range and reload time
Chieftain mk something rerolled as Chieftain mk 12
Chieftain mk something rerolled as Challenger 2 LEP
Chieftain mk something rerolled as Challenger 2 CLIP
Existing Challenger 1's price tweaked, Chally1 mk3 and Chally2 armor tweaked.
WAH-64 added with Brimstones.
Renamed Royal Marines '85 to remove the '85
Renamed Royal marines to Royal Grenadiers, given matadors
Renamed Paratroopers to The Rifles
Rename Paratroopers 85 to Paratroopers
Reroll Chriftan mk5 as an ATGM carrying Challenger 1 hull
Added FV430 Bulldog
Replaced RARDEN FSV with a 40mm CTA cannon armed Bulldog
Tornado Gr4 added
Tornado SEAD added
Harrier Gr9 added
ASRAAM missile added
Brimstone missile added
Meteor missile added

Yet to be implemented

Add WAH-64, armed with Brimstone missiles
Reroll Chieftain mk2 as Chieftain mk12
Reroll Challenger 1 as Challenger 2 LEP
Reroll Challenger mk2 as Challenger 2 CLIP
Add FV430 Bulldog
Add Tornado Gr4 with 12 Brimstone missiles
Add Tornado SEAD with 6 Alarm missiles
Add ASRAAM missile
Add Meteor missile

US
Phrog Rerolled as 'Darkhawk', the stealth variant Blackhawk
Cobra Recce rerolled as RAH-66 Stealth helo (weapons or appearance not yet upgraded)
Apache Longbow Optics stepped down to Very good
F15A rerolled as F22. Exceptional stealth, weapons not yet updated.
Marines renamed Marine raiders. Upgraded to elites. Weapon loadout not yet updated.
Marines '90 renamed to Marines
Kiowa Scout helo rerolled to MQ-8 Heli-drone. Good optics, increased availability, reduced cost.
Kiowa Scout II rerolled as S-97 Raider, a helicopter with a 440kph stop speed.
Raven given Jamming suite, HARM's removed
EA-6B Given Jamming suite
Chaparelle M48 rerolled as Patriot PAC3; reduced range, 16 missiles
Patriot range extended

In general, I've moved ground based SAM units out of the US deck to reinforce the US use of high performance ASF's.

M48A5 rerolled as M1A1 FEP for the marines
M1 Rerolled as M1A2 SEP
Rise patton rerolled as M60-2000
M60A1 Rerolled as M1A1 TUSK
M1A1, M1A1 HA and M60-2000 given 2450m range smart shells
Existing tank prices tweaked
Added Stryker FSV
Stinger F's and Stinger 2's added
Javelin missiles added
JSOW's added
F-22 Raptor added
F35A and F-35B added
M6 Bradley linbacker added
SLAMRAAM added
Namer APC added
M1206 added
M1126 Added
AH-1Z Vyper added
RAH-66 Comanche added
UH-1Y Superhuey added
Yet to be implemented

Reroll M1IP as M1A2SEP
Reroll M60A1 as M60-2000 with extended range munitions
Give ATGM units Javelin missiles
Add Stinger F's
Add M6 Linebacker
Add Bradley M2A3
Reroll LVTP as M1206
Add Namer APC
Add M1126 IFV
Reroll Cobra attack helos as Zulu Cobras (Vipers)
Generally modernize the airforce

Redfor

CHI
ZTZ-99 Added
ZTZ-99A added
ZTZ-85-III renamed ZTZ 90, gun and armor alterations
HQ-61 range increased
FK-3 SAM added
J-10A and J-10B added
J-11 Added
J-16 Added
J-20 added
J-31 Snowy Owl added
Z-10 Helo added
Z-9 recon helo added
Z-19 Light attack helo added
BMP-3 replaces BMP1
PTL-02 replaces Su-100

Several infantry renames and adjustments

Large adjustment in low-end tank and infantry availability (Catch the human wave attack dude)

Yet to be implemented
Add ZTZ-99
Add ZTZ-96
Add J10 Strike fighter
Add J-11 ASF
Add J-20 stealth ASF
Add J-31 stealth strike fighter
Add Z-10 helo
Add Z-19 light attack helo

Czech

Modernized KUB missile system ; perhaps reverse engineered from captured NATO equipment...
Gunship Mi-42 transferred over from USSR, Czech transport helo given to USSR in return. 450kpm+ speed, armed with rockets, guns and Khrizantema missiles.
T-72M4cz added
T-84 added, functionally a T-80U
One of the T55 line got its armor and gun change inadvertently with another change, so I gave it ECM and renamed it the T-55 Drozd.
Added Mi-24 Superhind
Cz-805 Bren is now the default Czech line infantry weapon
S-300V SAM added
BVP-1MA added
MGC-1 added
Kornet missile launching BRDM added
Mig-21-93 added
Mig-23-98 added
Su-27M added

General tank price alterations

Yet to be implemented
add T-72M4 CZ
add T-84 from Ukraine?
Add Mi-24 Super hind, a South African upgrade.

POL

PT-91 Twardy accuracy on the move reduced
PT-91Z Hardy added
PT-72U Added
T-72 Wilk upgunned to AP 20
A T-55 also got an unintended make over, gave it ecm and made it into a T-55 Drozd
Added PL-01 'stealth tank' as a 105mm IFV
Added PL-01 Stealth tank as a 120mm FSV
Rosomak IFV added
Rosomak M1M IFV added
General tank re-pricing.
Grom Special forces added
Polish UKM machine gun added to infantry squads
Light rifle infantry given kornet missile
Hibneryt Zur-23-2S given Verba missiles
S-300V SAM added
Mi-24 Superhind added
Mi-2 URP and URS missiles upgraded
Mig-21-97 added

Yet to be implemented
Add PT-91A Twardy
Add PT-91Z Hardy

USSR

Vityaz Long range SAM added
Deprecated Mi-40 rerolled as Mi-28NW, armed with Khrizantema missiles and Urgoza rockets, the Russian equivalent of APKWS
Missile loadouts on older hinds updated to KokonM's and Ataka's.
Ka-29 rerolled as Ka-92, high speed transport helo with 550km speed.
Mi-8T rerolled as Mi-38, a faster transport helo
Mi-4A rerolled as an Mi-38 gunship
Mi-4 rerolled as the Mi-42, a high speed attack helo, and then given to the Czechs.
BUK's upgraded with 9K317 and 9K317M missiles
TOR upgraded with 9M338 misssile, doubled payload
Black eagle tank added
T-95 added, with a 152mm gun, AP 27
T-14 Armata added
Unintentional T-55 change renamed to T-55 Drozd
T-72B and T-72BI up-gunned to AP21
Assorted other tanks upgunned
General tank repricings
PAK-FA Good stealth, standoff R-37 AA missiles
Mig-37 (the result of the Mig LMFS project) added
Su-34 added
Su-34MF added
Kh-38 missiles added
Iskander SRBM added
Verba Manpads added
Kornet ATGM missile added
Kurganets-25 APC added
Kurganets-57mm SPAAG added
Bumerang APC added
Sprut SD added
Khrizantema ATGM added

Yet to be implemented
Add Black eagle tank, 152mm gun
Add 'T95' tank
Add T-14 Armata

NK

Pokpung III tank added --> Now renamed Son-gun-915
Pokpung IV tank added. Its got ATGM's and Iglas. Those crazy Norks.
Ch'onma 216 added
Ch'onma'ho IV renamed Ch'onma-90
Mig-25PD moved from soviet deck to NK deck
Last edited by Spectre_nz on Thu 15 Jun 2017 02:46, edited 58 times in total.

MenDuck
Major

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows

Postby MenDuck » Sat 3 Oct 2015 12:56

It's an ambitious project, I'll give you that. But maybe too ambitious: I'll have you know that nearly half of the units you've planned are impossible to make due to the fact that we cannot change the models. Sorry.

Spectre_nz

Postby Spectre_nz » Sat 3 Oct 2015 15:49

Yeah, I know we're stuck with the current set of models. It'll all have to be proxies.

MenDuck
Major

Postby MenDuck » Sat 3 Oct 2015 17:12

Still, there are going to be a lot of proxies in your mod.

Anyways, I wish you good luck and patience in developing this mod.... you're gonna need it :)

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Sat 3 Oct 2015 22:10

I think it's a nice concept - go full steam ahead into future uberprototypes and just straight realize all the technothriller fetishes you can find, giving no shit about strict realism. It has potential to deliver experience never to be seen neither in vanilla wargame, nor any other mod. There is a possibility to correct a lot of very complex issues that are so damn hard to resolve if you try and stick to realism and timeframe (like helo insertions after a first minute of the game - gimmicky at best before, it should be way easier wtih stealth or 500km/h helos).

By going crazy with national doctrines a-la "the US takes the stealth route for its ASF's, Soviets go for less stealthy platforms with stand-off AA missiles so they are more able to remain under the umbrella of their own ADN. US goes for Stealthy Helos, Soviets go for high speed helos" you can flesh out different nations to a greater degree than vanilla's pair of unicorns and 5-10% difference in deck availability.

Of course, if I were doing that, I would seriously narrow down the national base for start. Likely forget about individual nations completely, and try to flesh out coalitions as basic playable entities taking the most interesting choices from composing nations to form vastly different playstyles.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 4 Oct 2015 00:54

I made a simple installer for you. It also comes with an uninstaller, so people won't have to back up their files.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BywlIc ... sp=sharing

Also, if you are going to do what Soundwolf is suggesting, you can hide countries by deleting a TableString in TDeckAttributes MapCountryToFaction. You can also do the same for coalitions. If need be, re-install the country by just making a new row and entering in the correct TableString.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 4 Oct 2015 01:37

Bug Report:
Anzac Phantom has 32 Sidewinders
W-German Patriot has US Flag
F-22 should get better missiles?
Rapier missile model not changed
Patriot and PAC-3 have different sizes
Raven glows then disappears in armory. Have no idea why. Also too expensive?
M240B renamed Jamming Suite
Electric Voodoo not changed
I don't see a Czech Mi-42 with 420 speed
Mi-28 NW seems to be more of a downgrade than an upgrade. Give at least good stealth

If you need help with fixing any of these, feel free to PM me. I look forward to your finished product very much!

Spectre_nz

Postby Spectre_nz » Sun 4 Oct 2015 04:38

Thanks for the feedback.

The download drop box has been updated with my recent changes. I'm part way through re-rolling the Blufor tanks, France, ROK and Japan done so far.

1)The Anzac phantom is going to get over-written as the F-18E when I get around to planes. I think I must have saved a test copy of something while I was twiddeling with its weapons. Edit: Ahh, I know why, the Aim-9B got turned into a missile for the Rapier 2000. It'll get swapped out at some point.
2) I'll fix soon
3)Yeah, eventually. I'm leaving most of the air-force modifications for later. Working on the easy stuff where I don't have to worry about missile carriages. It's just a demo of an F-15 with exceptional stealth right now...
4) You mean the missile icons? Should be fixed now
5) Fixed
6) ... I have no idea what's causing that or how to fix it. Umm. Revolutionary cloaking system?
7) Here I was thinking all the instances of things called M240 might have a different Localization hash. Alas. Renamed.
8) Whoops. Will get to it in a later update.
9) It was there. Had a soviet flag. Changed now. Should be more visible.
10) Perhaps the price could come down. I've given it 15% ECM, not sure if that helps helos. Its rocket pods are slightly improved, and optics are good.
What of read so far on the Khrizantema missiles puts them at a slightly shorter range than the Ataka's. Might just be for ground launches only. I could make it F&F I suppose, command guided but by and automated system. Dive in, launch, dive out.

Yay, an auto-installer. How does that work every time I update the NDF and ZZ files?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 4 Oct 2015 06:23

Spectre_nz wrote:Thanks for the feedback.

The download drop box has been updated with my recent changes. I'm part way through re-rolling the Blufor tanks, France, ROK and Japan done so far.

1)The Anzac phantom is going to get over-written as the F-18E when I get around to planes. I think I must have saved a test copy of something while I was twiddeling with its weapons. Edit: Ahh, I know why, the Aim-9B got turned into a missile for the Rapier 2000. It'll get swapped out at some point.
2) I'll fix soon
3)Yeah, eventually. I'm leaving most of the air-force modifications for later. Working on the easy stuff where I don't have to worry about missile carriages. It's just a demo of an F-15 with exceptional stealth right now...
4) You mean the missile icons? Should be fixed now
5) Fixed
6) ... I have no idea what's causing that or how to fix it. Umm. Revolutionary cloaking system?
7) Here I was thinking all the instances of things called M240 might have a different Localization hash. Alas. Renamed.
8) Whoops. Will get to it in a later update.
9) It was there. Had a soviet flag. Changed now. Should be more visible.
10) Perhaps the price could come down. I've given it 15% ECM, not sure if that helps helos. Its rocket pods are slightly improved, and optics are good.
What of read so far on the Khrizantema missiles puts them at a slightly shorter range than the Ataka's. Might just be for ground launches only. I could make it F&F I suppose, command guided but by and automated system. Dive in, launch, dive out.

Yay, an auto-installer. How does that work every time I update the NDF and ZZ files?

4. I mean the models. I haven't exactly looked yet, but theoretically, they should be changeable.
6. I know blinking is caused by the position module. Maybe that's the cause?
10. Oh, didn't notice the 15% ECM. Still the price should come down a little.
Auto-installer. Delete and replace the NDF and ZZ in the Files folder. NOT ORIGINALS.

Spectre_nz

Postby Spectre_nz » Sun 4 Oct 2015 08:12

4) I'm lost. It's still a Rapier, just upgraded to the Rapier FSC or Rapier 2000 standard. No need for a model change?

6) I'll see if I can find something wrong there tomorrow

New Files up. British tanks rerolled, fixed a couple of errors in the previous Blue dragon tank reroll.

Edit:

New files up again. Most nations tanks now re-rolled, many repriced. Prices haven't been balanced except by a casual armory inspection estimate.

Still China and the Nork tanks to go, then, on to IFV and infantry re-rolling.