Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.29; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support. Turkey replaces Denmark.

ChuanHsi
Private

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.02 test version released

Postby ChuanHsi » Wed 15 Mar 2017 20:28

To the mod developer:

I have to say I am truly amazed what you have done to this amazing mod. Truly love the hard work, development and research.
I would really like to help to improve and future development for this mod. If you need any help and willing to let people help you on this mod let me know.

my email: chuanhsichang@gmail.com

Thank you

thatAC130
Corporal

Postby thatAC130 » Fri 17 Mar 2017 01:53

Decided post something about one of the new unit changes into something "fun" and "creative" than the usual "point at the issues" kind of posts. :D

One of the pages in a journal, recovered from an empty barracks outside of Seoul.

"It's been 2 weeks since the North Koreans began crossed the DMV. We were doing well, holding them off with the help of our angels in the skies. However, things turned for the worse for us when one of the North Korean Engineer Battalions showed up in our Area of Operations.

Their napalm tanks. Their God damn napalm tanks...

They wrecked everything in their sights. My platoon was set up on a road at [REDACTED] and we were supposed to take out their incoming reinforcements. One rocket, two rockets, three rockets.

They didn't even scratch them. Not our rockets, not our tanks at close range, not even napalm, bombs, or AGMs would stop them.

After weeks of fighting, we made it; I don't know how, but we did..."
Me: Wait, what? You mean to tell me that an AC-130 got shot down by a Strella-2? That's some real Bull-
Friend: NOOOOOOO

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Fri 17 Mar 2017 05:39

"Though our faces were still grimed with soot and mud, the news passed along from the intel boys gave us cause to smile;
the Nork's stockpile of Stalinenium armor had dwindled, and they had been unable to duplicate the freakish procedure that created it in the first place.

Soon enough, those hellish beast would remain only as rumors passed between the recruits; discounted as exaggerations intended to spook gullible rookies. "

Excerpt from 'Hellfire and Kimchi - A memoir of the 3rd Beta release war'

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Sat 18 Mar 2017 03:20

2.03 version up.

I've fixed a few minor bugs here and there that I've kinda forgotten about in the time since.
The high armor on redfor flame tanks is also corrected.

the US and USSR have had their vehicle tabs updated with newer transports, and their infantry transports adjusted to use the new options.
Some changes to the helo tabs for the US and USSR, but not yet finished there.

GAU-19 added in for a the US recon Hummer and a couple of US helos. it's got HE2. Will need to hear back how OP that is. The Soviet Yak-B has also been raised to HE2, since it's also a 12.5mm gattling.

Warlordz
Private First-Class

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.03 test version released

Postby Warlordz » Sat 18 Mar 2017 04:14

Hey, just wondering-

Would it be possible to create infantry capable of supplying units? At the moment (with the mod enabled), units have very VERY dangerous weaponry to combat lightly armored(or unarmored) units... Such as supply trucks.

A lot more weapons have AoE and it is a pain to supply a unit when the truck behind it self destructs and brings the surrounding units with it.

If infantry in squadrons of 2 (to keep them fragile) could carry small amounts of needed supplies to the frontline, ground combat would flow so much better. Although their supply count would be extremely low compared to trucks, it would be convenient for infantry or disabled vehicles.

Only con I see with this would be that +2 activation point smack that most players would need to compensate for. This will be easy for the weaker military powers in-game!

Tell me what you think. Appreciate the hard work.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.03 test version released

Postby Spectre_nz » Sun 19 Mar 2017 17:19

That's not really something I want to do.

The vulnerability of re-supply vehicles is a generally well understood thing in game. you have to keep them hidden and far enough back that they don't get sniped all the time.

Making infantry supply units is technically feasible, but it would take away from an existing logistics unit for each nation I gave it to, which I also don't want.

And finally, from a realism perspective, two guys just can't carry much. A tank shell each? 40L or fuel?
The game doesn't discriminate between units to be supplied and since infantry weapon re-supply costs aren't that much lower than tank resupply costs, they'd end up with a really small supply load that wouldn't be much use for anything.

In other news; v2.04 is up, with a fix for the crash that all the new US transports were causing when they deployed.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.04 test version released

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 19 Mar 2017 19:51

IDK if somebody reported these bugs yet, but I tried this last night and there were some glaring discrepancies:

Egyptian-Syria has the S-350 on a base OSA chassis for 30 pts, and you can get up to 24 of them.
You can get 24 per deck card, 2 deck cards of K1A2.
Patriot is way overpriced compared to pretty much all other missile AA.
Kornet for Russia is objectively better than Konkurs, especially with the 15 pt cost.
US Marines has Stryker, F-16 (not F/A-16), and other things they should not have.
That's all I can think off the top of my head.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

gijoe41
Corporal

Postby gijoe41 » Sun 19 Mar 2017 20:30

In 2.04, the ACV gives whatever unit it is transporting an availability of -1 whenever it is taken at veteran with Raiders or Marines. It is also unable to be taken in Marine decks. Also, the Force Recon sniper rifle has the Stat trait, but it also has a stabilizer of 20%. In the Helo tab, the US has another AH-64A with a "Deprice (imagine with accents)" unit card.

I know naval is still WIP, but the SH-60B has 4294913094235810918349058130248 (a lot) PL-12 missiles.

fsimperial
Private

Postby fsimperial » Mon 20 Mar 2017 22:32

Hi there :)

First of all, thx for the mod. it's amazing and pretty well modeled

Now, i've got a question. ¿Do you have a unit list for UNASUR? I mean, it should be quite difficult select SF, shock, regulars and milita in that blob of armies. Also, that nation has a lot of BLUFOR equipment, like NASAMS, AH-60 Arpias, Leopard 2A4 CHL, Marders, Leopards 1, etc.

thatAC130
Corporal

Postby thatAC130 » Tue 21 Mar 2017 07:28

Aw man, thanks a lot for the update! Feels good knowing that I'll no longer have to retreat entire armies against the Best Korean napalm tanks! :lol:

Just curious, I know you're practically rebuilding the mod and all, but are we going to (eventually) be seeing the custom units you added? Do you think some of them will go and some stay? Also, i saw that a certain Chinese infantry squad carried moarters, any chance that more nations will be fielding them? :D

P.S. You're doing a fantastic job man, I'm really amazed with the amount of effort you put into this mod!
Me: Wait, what? You mean to tell me that an AC-130 got shot down by a Strella-2? That's some real Bull-
Friend: NOOOOOOO