Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.29; Now with a Discord link and Polish language support. Turkey replaces Denmark.

revolverswitch
Corporal

Re: Wargame: Ash and Shadows v2.04 test version released

Postby revolverswitch » Thu 13 Apr 2017 08:30

The W:AB Noob wrote:If it means anything, the minimap on the top left is not present, but maybe that's just vanilla. Do you remember the last command or thing you clicked on? That would probably help.

All I remember was ordering my recon troops and light infantry to take out some enemy anti tank infantry trying to flank around, the crash happened as soon as those anti tank infantry started to take losses. I joked around thinking "wow game, was I really that unfair to the enemy CPUs?"

Another instance of crashing happened when I spawned in Marine Caats in their Super Stallion helicopters, I just went to my deck and changed their transport vehicle to a UH-1Y Venom instead since I didn't think it was that big of an issue.

I never tried to make changed on the mod myself so I have absolutely no idea what they could mean, I hope other people like you can chime in.

The W:AB Noob wrote:PS, what were you up past midnight for? :P

Is that a question for me or is it just a quote you put down?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 14 Apr 2017 16:53

Do you remember what anti-tank infantry you were firing at?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

revolverswitch
Corporal

Postby revolverswitch » Fri 14 Apr 2017 23:03

The W:AB Noob wrote:Do you remember what anti-tank infantry you were firing at?

All I remember were kornets, could be the Soviets or the Egypt-Syrians.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Tue 25 Apr 2017 23:05

I'll start troubleshooting these when I can. Still without a desktop until May-June sometime.

revolverswitch
Corporal

Postby revolverswitch » Wed 26 Apr 2017 03:41

Spectre_nz wrote:I'll start troubleshooting these when I can. Still without a desktop until May-June sometime.

Thanks for that announcement spectre. Oh and will all of the other things (except for the OP stuff)like Pl-01 in ash and shadows 1 be coming back?

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Wed 3 May 2017 00:36

My intent is to return all of the updated units that were in A&S 1.x to v2.0.
There may be some load-out changes here and there, like has happened to the Soviet jets.

revolverswitch
Corporal

Postby revolverswitch » Mon 8 May 2017 09:12

Spectre_nz wrote:return all of the updated units that were in A&S 1.x to v2.0.

Does that include Hades SRBM and the Glide Bombs? I don't mind super long range stuff but I think there needs to be a way to counter them.

Jack Sutton
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Jack Sutton » Mon 8 May 2017 14:15

revolverswitch wrote:
Spectre_nz wrote:return all of the updated units that were in A&S 1.x to v2.0.

Does that include Hades SRBM and the Glide Bombs? I don't mind super long range stuff but I think there needs to be a way to counter them.

Same here, I thought that adding AA that can shoot down cruise missiles down would be handy... things like THAAD or a seperate card of Patriots/S300s purely for defence against Criuse missile and can't engage jets encase it is to OP. Having all AA being able to shoot them down would be nearly impossible for the missile to hit. So maybe the AA could be really expensive and scarce.

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Sun 14 May 2017 00:48

The glide bomb is already in, from memory. It's the spice bomb the Israeli jet is carrying. Range is considerably reduced over the old version with the 'in universe' explanation that its a low altitude release giving it a much shorter glide time.

I'm planning to put the Hades and the Iskander back in as well. Things like reload and aim time are where it can most easily be balanced.

However, there's no way to make them interceptable by CIWS with their current implementation. The game doesn't actually treat them as missiles, so there is no missile unit that can be given hit points and made targetable.

The balistically arcing weapons that have a circular scattering impact area are basically treated by the game engine as projectiles. There's launch animation and then depending on the projectile speed, explosions happen at the impact zone. If the firing unit has the right fire effects you also get smoke trails from the rounds as they fly towards their target (if not, you just see the unit launch and then a while later, something blows up at the target circle)

Making actual in game missile units that are indirect fire and have a scatter circle style impact area is something I've been unable to do so far.

skyhawk
Private

Postby skyhawk » Tue 16 May 2017 15:06

I have found that the autoinstaller won't work for me, is it because of windows 10 or am I just a doofus?