Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.03

Zugaryo
Private First-Class
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed 1 Feb 2017 14:45
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby Zugaryo » Thu 2 Mar 2017 11:01

Mako wrote:It'd be nice to do something to the Malyutka to make it less worthless.


Asking for a Malyutka buff is like asking for a M24 or M41 buff. It's an old missile that by 90s standarts was a piece of junk already, even with upgrades like SACLOS and improved warheads.

Mako wrote:At this point I'd almost say just give it like 3 HE and let it shoot at infantry syrian civil war style.


To my knowledge one of the later versions had a thermobaric warhead, so that might be an interesting way to change the missile. Although I'm not sure if a tank with NPLM ATGMs would be feasible. Would you need a slow NPLM missile when you already outrange the enemy infantry with your main gun? Do you ever even have the opportunity to engage infantry at 2450m range? If you don't play on a very open map like Paddy Field or Mud Fight and don't have good enough recon to spot inf at that range, you might as well use the cannon on closer range.

User avatar
Mako
General
Posts: 7352
Joined: Sun 5 May 2013 20:00
Location: Cascadia
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby Mako » Thu 2 Mar 2017 11:18

The Malyutka was a serious threat to literally anything that wasn't a newest generation MBT, and even then only frontally was it of less concern.

A Leopard 1 or an IFV is not going to just shrug of that missile.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

User avatar
FUBAR1939
Warrant Officer
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu 13 Jun 2013 06:24
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby FUBAR1939 » Fri 3 Mar 2017 00:06

meh
Image

User avatar
Mako
General
Posts: 7352
Joined: Sun 5 May 2013 20:00
Location: Cascadia
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby Mako » Fri 3 Mar 2017 02:39

Hey now, I'm not saying it should be *good* just not like a "I would rather my unit didn't have this bolted on it, even if its free" kind of situation.
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Obama
Private
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri 3 Mar 2017 11:56
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby Obama » Fri 3 Mar 2017 12:58

Is it at all possible we can be getting either a A-10 with Zuni or Hydra rockets. Like how the real A-10 will usually come equipped with or be getting Sidewinder AA missles ? You could potentially have Two different units of the A-10 with one of them being Rocket pods and the other AA missles. Also a slight speed buff could be nice while also increasing the price of the A-10 to go along with the suggestions mentioned above.

With the new Chinese tank the ZTZ-98 i got to admit it is a little extreme. It's Main gun has 24 AP that is the same as the M1A2 Abrams. The whole thing that makes the M1A2 special is that it has the highest damaging gun in the game, Just like how the thing that makes the Challenger 2 is that its the highest armor rating in the game. With the addition of this tank it makes the M1A2 obsolete and not able to properly compete. This tank has in my opinion of the the best ATGM's for tanks, While also having a gun that is almost the same as the M1A2. The ZTZ-98 is also better in the logistics category and its even smaller. With very little going against the tank. I'm not necessary suggesting nerfing it. But give the Abrams something to make it able to compete.

Potentially add a Recon Little Bird, A standard LB and then maybe one with weapons. The little bird has a good variety of different armament's. Such as hell fire, Rocket pods or even stingers that could go with it. Something i would like to see is the Little bird being a transport option for units such as Delta Force, Navy Seals and Rangers. maybe add a actual Atgm unit to US or even Canada and not no Super Dragon atgm shit.

Finally. This may be just me. But something that i have always that that should change is Changing the Rangers to Elite. In real life they are a elite force of soldiers and not just used for recon. Maybe make the thing that Rangers are good at be Exceptional optics just a suggestion.

Sorry for such a big amount of text. But these were some thoughts i had and are really just suggestions ( Except that ZTZ-98 I was serious about that . The new Tanke Shashou really not liking either)

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7345
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby Razzmann » Fri 3 Mar 2017 13:09

Obama wrote:With the new Chinese tank the ZTZ-98 i got to admit it is a little extreme. It's Main gun has 24 AP that is the same as the M1A2 Abrams. The whole thing that makes the M1A2 special is that it has the highest damaging gun in the game, Just like how the thing that makes the Challenger 2 is that its the highest armor rating in the game. With the addition of this tank it makes the M1A2 obsolete and not able to properly compete. This tank has in my opinion of the the best ATGM's for tanks, While also having a gun that is almost the same as the M1A2. The ZTZ-98 is also better in the logistics category and its even smaller. With very little going against the tank. I'm not necessary suggesting nerfing it. But give the Abrams something to make it able to compete.

It has lower RoF, FAV and SAV which are not madee up by the ATGM. It is still inferior to the M1A2.

Obama wrote:Potentially add a Recon Little Bird, A standard LB and then maybe one with weapons. The little bird has a good variety of different armament's. Such as hell fire, Rocket pods or even stingers that could go with it. Something i would like to see is the Little bird being a transport option for units such as Delta Force, Navy Seals and Rangers. maybe add a actual Atgm unit to US or even Canada and not no Super Dragon atgm shit.

Finally. This may be just me. But something that i have always that that should change is Changing the Rangers to Elite. In real life they are a elite force of soldiers and not just used for recon. Maybe make the thing that Rangers are good at be Exceptional optics just a suggestion.

If anything NORAD needs some nerfs.

Obama wrote:Sorry for such a big amount of text. But these were some thoughts i had and are really just suggestions ( Except that ZTZ-98 I was serious about that . The new Tanke Shashou really not liking either)

Tanke Shashou are very situational, and so far nobody has reported them being OP or anything along those lines.

User avatar
tgwEcho
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue 7 May 2013 00:38
Location: CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby tgwEcho » Sat 4 Mar 2017 07:43

Razzmann wrote:If anything NORAD needs some nerfs.


The coalition is definitely better in the mod, but I think some form of infantry ATGM is needed to fill an important capability gap. Similar to the claim that every deck has the right to decent anti-helo capabilities, every deck needs some form of infantry ATGM. It's not really valid to say the lack of infantry ATGM is flavorful when the Arkan serves as an effective counter to anything with a TOW-2. Israel can manage because of the Dorban, but the US/NORAD deck struggles against BMP-3 spam; Bradleys just won't get the job done.

Meanwhile, the COMVAT is probably too cheap. A 5-point price nerf would be appropriate for such an amazing unit.
Image

nande
Lieutenant
Posts: 1212
Joined: Tue 30 Sep 2014 02:31
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby nande » Sat 4 Mar 2017 10:07

COMVAT shares the same price as the CV9030N and Marder 2. Is it really superior to both?

User avatar
tgwEcho
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue 7 May 2013 00:38
Location: CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby tgwEcho » Sat 4 Mar 2017 11:03

nande wrote:COMVAT shares the same price as the CV9030N and Marder 2. Is it really superior to both?


You bring up a good point. I may need more time to properly consider the comparison. Perhaps it's because I'm not used to a unit like the COMVAT in the US/NORAD deck. It just seems amazing compared to what's available in the vanilla version.

To add an additional dimension to our discussion, I think the Zelda was hit too hard. It was overperforming in the original version, but it's difficult to justify at 10 points. Perhaps an availability nerf would be a better route?
Image

nande
Lieutenant
Posts: 1212
Joined: Tue 30 Sep 2014 02:31
Contact:

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby nande » Sat 4 Mar 2017 15:04

nvm, was mistaken about the Marder 2. It's 30 points, but think it has more or less the same effectiveness as the 25pt CV9030N.

regarding the Zelda, the Bardelas is a solid alternative.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests