Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.03

damoj
Sergeant Major

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.03

Postby damoj » Mon 13 Mar 2017 12:00

Cosmetic suggestion: Write unit names in lower case where applicable (ie: RIFLEMEN '90 to Riflemen '90)

It's a lot nicer on the eyes.

halbercht
Private

Postby halbercht » Tue 14 Mar 2017 02:30

Hello, thank you guys for this attempt in W:RD.
Question to you - is it possible to remove some of the status "hits" that you can receive in mods?
I mean, i can understand some of them(like a tank being rocket-podded will suffer some effects for sure), but the ones that are more random and really infuriating - like randomly getting stuck in the mud, or detracked, while traversing forests. I thinks it is fair that vehicles have lower speed to balance that kind of movement.

If the effect is too drastic - you can still make vehicles a bit slower on rough terrain by reducing their movespeed by 5% and getting rid of those random effects - would make the game less about random BS and more predictable\playable.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 14 Mar 2017 14:49

halbercht wrote:Hello, thank you guys for this attempt in W:RD.
Question to you - is it possible to remove some of the status "hits" that you can receive in mods?
I mean, i can understand some of them(like a tank being rocket-podded will suffer some effects for sure), but the ones that are more random and really infuriating - like randomly getting stuck in the mud, or detracked, while traversing forests. I thinks it is fair that vehicles have lower speed to balance that kind of movement.

If the effect is too drastic - you can still make vehicles a bit slower on rough terrain by reducing their movespeed by 5% and getting rid of those random effects - would make the game less about random BS and more predictable\playable.

Hey! I have honestly no idea, but we will probably look into that at some point.
The upcoming tournament just delays major changes.

kvasius
Command Sergeant Major

Postby kvasius » Tue 14 Mar 2017 19:59

Razzmann wrote:

Hey! I have honestly no idea, but we will probably look into that at some point.

As far as I remember, the whole criticals as they are cant be reworked.... At least, i havent seen any info on that.
Although, if I remember correctly, its theoretically possible to change the chance at which those crits happen, although i'm not sure if it will work. A big chunk of the game code just doesnt work at all because its mostly leftovers from EE/ALB/even RUSE somewhat, and I didnt try working with it.... yet. It's something that would need an exhausting amount of time to work with, so i can't speak of technical possibilities of such changes.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 14 Mar 2017 20:34

Razzmann wrote:

It would be nice if the chance of the various terrain-induced crits could be drastically reduced for tracked vehicles to help enforce the difference between them and wheeled. Wheeled remain faster, but with a higher chance of something bad happening.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Tue 14 Mar 2017 21:07

That is totally doable, but a minor pain in the ass :P

I don't think we can apply different critical effects totally, unfortunately. But you can change the effects severity/duration as well as chance of occurring.

homerfcb
Lieutenant

Postby homerfcb » Wed 15 Mar 2017 18:32

You've done a great job here. Checked it out a bit in SP, US Decks feels much better now. I wish this could become real meta, go onward and keep the good work,
I'm a bit stalled with my tool-updates at the moment, I'll release it as soon as possible, might be April though
The big nerf whiners thread, much controversal stuff, some suggestions and some more stuff, also with a big Patriot range explanation Just klick me, or go here viewtopic.php?f=155&t=48184

damoj
Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Wed 15 Mar 2017 19:21

After squizzing through the armoury, I've got a couple of brief suggestions.

1) Would you consider altering Cat B to go to either 1989 or 1990? It seems like that would provide a really interesting balance point, with no true super-heavies, generally lower AP values across the board, and wouldn't take away any bread-and-butter units for any given faction. It seems like a really interesting way of complementing the increased instance of '96 shit.

2) SASR NEVER USED AUG PARA CHANGE TO CAR-15 OR SOME SHIT MUH AUTISM

3) UNITS LIKE PADOBRANCI '90 THAT HAVE INTRO DATES LIKE 1989 SHOULD BE CALLED XYZ '89

4) LOWER CASE TEXT LIKE Padobranci '89 WOULD LOOK SO MUCH NICER VISUALLY IMHO AND HELP DISTINGUISH BETWEEN ACRONYMS AND SUCH

5) There remain quite a lot of redundant units in various nations and coalitions, especially Hip/Hook and various MiGs for REDFOR, and Cobra/Patton variants in BLU. Would you consider altering loadouts, not unlike the way CSSR has had the S-10 Hind as a fairly interesting variant.

6) Bring back the Sidewinder Cobra, or even complement the ARM one with it.

7) tfw bitter af at no more Superslavia

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 15 Mar 2017 19:29

damoj wrote:5) There remain quite a lot of redundant units in various nations and coalitions, especially Hip/Hook and various MiGs for REDFOR, and Cobra/Patton variants in BLU. Would you consider altering loadouts, not unlike the way CSSR has had the S-10 Hind as a fairly interesting variant.

Hmm?

damoj wrote:6) Bring back the Sidewinder Cobra, or even complement the ARM one with it.

Thing is that both are kinda wrong. The AGM-122 or Sidewinder would be carried on the outboard pylon, where the TOW would be located. This would mean the only secondary weapon option would be rockets.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

damoj
Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Wed 15 Mar 2017 19:37

Xeno426 wrote:
damoj wrote:5) There remain quite a lot of redundant units in various nations and coalitions, especially Hip/Hook and various MiGs for REDFOR, and Cobra/Patton variants in BLU. Would you consider altering loadouts, not unlike the way CSSR has had the S-10 Hind as a fairly interesting variant.

Hmm?

Obligatory Xenopost

Xeno426 wrote:
damoj wrote:6) Bring back the Sidewinder Cobra, or even complement the ARM one with it.

Thing is that both are kinda wrong. The AGM-122 or Sidewinder would be carried on the outboard pylon, where the TOW would be located. This would mean the only secondary weapon option would be rockets.

Hmmm... consider the following...
Spoiler : :
ALL THREE