How Can you Edit/Modify “NDF_Win.dat” for SinglePlayer Only? Safe and Correct way ?

DarkKnightz01k
Corporal

How Can you Edit/Modify “NDF_Win.dat” for SinglePlayer Only? Safe and Correct way ?

Postby DarkKnightz01k » Sun 5 Mar 2017 19:38

I know how one can modify “NDF_Win.dat” for Wargame Single Player purpose ONLY. NOT Multiplayer
(since in Multi all MP players need to have same Game files, especially NDF_Win.dat , which is best then to have unedited one)

I need some Help and may be Expert advice and opinion on this.
If to try and do this in all Correct manner,
Without messing up with my entire game , or Profile or ultimately getting banned
From Steam/Eugen.net if some Clash in Data happens.

Reasons may be for some SinglePlayer fun only -
-For like Having More slots or Unlocking all slots ,
-For having more units for Elite Prototype units of like T90, Challenger 2 , M1A2 Abrams, Leopard2A5
-For having more Unit Packs.
-Etc..

But I Wonder How to do it Safely ? Correct Way ?

I mean , even when I play Singleplayer Skirmishes ,
Won’t it kind of change/mess with my Wargame Profile Stats, Level, XP points.

I mean , since I have enough drive space , I have 2 Methods in mind,
Just don’t know which Method would be more Correct and Safe way ?

----------

Method 1) Suppose , if I Copy Enitre Steam Folder.

FOR WARGAME SINGLE PLAYER>>>>

Go Offline,
Like name previous actual Steam Folder to Steam-MP folder,
And then play Wargame Singleplayer with new copied Steam Folder,

Won’t it change my Stats with this new Steam folder
and might be uploaded to Steam/Eugen servers.

FOR WARGAME MULTIPLAYER AGAIN>>>

And then again if I wanna switch to multiplayer
rename this new copied Steam folder to Steam-SP folder,
and rename Steam-MPfolder back to Steam folder .
Go Online,
And then play Wargame Multiplayer (with older actual Steam folder).

-----------
Now Won’t it then again change my Stats once again and uploaded to Steam/Eugen servers.

Also, Now since the Stats will be uploaded and varied from 2 different Steam folders,
Won’t it kind of may be mismatch and mess my Stats somehow ?

Cuz I think may be as, if the Profile also get copied 2 times, while copying Entire Steam Folder And later altered during gameplay and I don’t know exact Profile location for Wargame Locally. I mean is it in Steam folder or somewhere else.

-----------

Method 2) If I just copy and rename the latest version patch folder.

FOR WARGAME SINGLE PLAYER ONLY>>>

Go Offline,
Like copy entire folder 510064564 ,
and only rename previous actual 510064564 folder to 510064564-MP,
and then edit “NDF_Win.dat” for new copied folder,
and then play Wargame Singleplayer with this new copied folder 510064564.

Stats shall be uploaded from the Same Steam folder.

FOR WARGAME MULTIPLAYER AGAIN>>>

Then rename copied folder 510064564 to 510064564-SP,
And rename 510064564-MP back to 510064564,
Go Online,
And then play Multipalyer using old actual 510064564.

Stats shall be uploaded from the very same Steam folder.

So I don’t think, it should/will mess with my Stats
OR Will it mess with my Stats ?

Again, I am not sure and that’s why need help, advice and opinion on this.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: How Can you Edit/Modify “NDF_Win.dat” for SinglePlayer Only? Safe and Correct way ?

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 5 Mar 2017 21:46

You can't copy all the game files and have that run the game, most game installations don't work that way. If you start Wargame but don't log in, that's probably the easiest way. The profile saves are in the Steam userdata folder, and it's called wargame3.profile IIRC, and you can copy that, but it can get a little messy depending on what things you mod.

But I have never worried that much about Eugen banning because of modding. It's near impossible to cheat in a vanilla game with the current tools we have, and that's pretty much Eugen's only rule against modding. I've been modding W:RD for almost three years now, and I have still not gotten punished or warned for modding.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

DarkKnightz01k
Corporal

Re: How Can you Edit/Modify “NDF_Win.dat” for SinglePlayer Only? Safe and Correct way ?

Postby DarkKnightz01k » Mon 6 Mar 2017 12:59

The W:AB Noob wrote:You can't copy all the game files and have that run the game, most game installations don't work that way. If you start Wargame but don't log in, that's probably the easiest way. The profile saves are in the Steam userdata folder, and it's called wargame3.profile IIRC, and you can copy that, but it can get a little messy depending on what things you mod.

But I have never worried that much about Eugen banning because of modding. It's near impossible to cheat in a vanilla game with the current tools we have, and that's pretty much Eugen's only rule against modding. I've been modding W:RD for almost three years now, and I have still not gotten punished or warned for modding.

Yes, if i do it without Logging-in , i mean only for single player, it should not be an issue/problem with modding.

BUT thing that worries me is , if suppose i copy my entire Steam directory folder (Steam installation files+Game files) in my D:/ drive,
Then i would have 2 Different Profile Stats in 2 different Steam Folder, and suppose even if by mistake, if i ever happen to Login, then that could mess with my Stats while uploading them during syncing.

OR if i just copy "latest patch version folder" that contains NDF_Win.dat for modding,
(and preserve by just renaming the actual latest patch folder contaning NDF_Win.dat)
and still Don't Login and play Singleplayer with modded NDF.
Then my profile stats shall still get howevere changed cuz of SinglePlayer play, offline while not Logged-in to Eugen.

and Next time, when i decide to go for Multiplayer , using the old actual latest patch folder contaning original NDF_Win.dat ,
and i Login this time , those of my newer changed Stats becuz of Singleplayer offline play , shall still be uploaded/synced to Eugen.

How do you do it ? your way ?