Is it possible to implement my ideas using modding tools?

Spiritfire
Private

Is it possible to implement my ideas using modding tools?

Postby Spiritfire » Sun 9 Apr 2017 17:59

Hello,
I have few ideas that can improve gameplay and make it easier:
1. Graphic indicator telling player where specific unit is going and what kind of move (by colour) is executing.
2. List of orders queued to the unit.
3. New type of order: FOLLOW (e.g. you give cargo truck order do follow anti-aircraft unit all the time)
4. New type of order: TEMPO: two units moving at different speeds move at a slower speed (e.g. to assault enemy at the same).

This should make the gameplay more transparent.

And my question is: is this possible to implement this using just modding tools? Or does it require a change to the source code?
Attachments
wargame2.jpg
wargame2.jpg (782.22 KiB) Viewed 230 times

kvasius
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Is it possible to implement my ideas using modding tools?

Postby kvasius » Wed 12 Apr 2017 08:36

You played SD, didnt you? ;)

Only realistic way of implementing first one would probably include ripping it out of SD. And even then it probably wont work.

As per other ideas.... probably... certainly not.

Thing is, there are no official modding tools, so most of the code is still an unravelled mystery.

Sireyn
Sergeant

Re: Is it possible to implement my ideas using modding tools?

Postby Sireyn » Fri 21 Apr 2017 16:22

With our current modding tools, I'd say not a chance. I do think that's one of the best representations of what should have been in game since European Escalation, and should anyone find a way to edit the UI I'd be ecstatic to see this.

The most I've seen from editing the UI is texture replacements and color adjustments. I don't imagine any more is possible without something Adobe Flash can open.