Graphical scale upgrade

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Graphical scale upgrade

Postby ilias » Sun 30 Jul 2017 07:25

Did anyone thought about graphical sizing upgrade for the game?
After sizing everything to real dimensions the game would obtain very realistic look, because most of things are abstractive but pretty properly shadowing real ranges,
easiest example: M2 (machineGun) & infantry squad on open ground, 300m. (feels close to real, but the HMMWV is 11m. in length).
I do understand what its made like that for performance, but think it would be amassing fell playing with kind of real picture on screen in THE game.

Note: because of misunderstanding happened in the topic want to sign what in 3d grid |models's sizes| are real (increased numbers on ranges showing displays) so the idea is scaling down objects.
Last edited by ilias on Tue 1 Aug 2017 10:05, edited 2 times in total.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Graphical scale upgrade

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 31 Jul 2017 16:38

Distances in Wargame are displayed 3.5 times what they actually should be. Download the Sandbox Mod - I included an XML script that changes that which you can try out for yourself.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Mon 31 Jul 2017 18:06

The W:AB Noob wrote:Distances in Wargame are displayed 3.5 times what they actually should be. Download the Sandbox Mod - I included an XML script that changes that which you can try out for yourself.

will try

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Tue 1 Aug 2017 08:27

The W:AB Noob wrote:Distances in Wargame are displayed 3.5 times what they actually should be. Download the Sandbox Mod - I included an XML script that changes that which you can try out for yourself.

What.?, no, no no no no no, not the measurement display, the models size, what a hell, in the game that numbers been increased specially for obvious reasons, what point of changing them to technicals?, would be cool if models would also be scaled down for look.

Good idea with the patcher, found useful scripts,
when installing mod LAV obtaining smaw and marines, script=only marines
Can you please tell where descks's file|files located ?

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 1 Aug 2017 18:10

ilias wrote:

What.?, no, no no no no no, not the measurement display, the models size, what a hell, in the game that numbers been increased specially for obvious reasons, what point of changing them to technicals?, would be cool if models would also be scaled down for look.

Good idea with the patcher, found useful scripts,
when installing mod LAV obtaining smaw and marines, script=only marines
Can you please tell where descks's file|files located ?

But wouldn't it be unrealistic if all of the houses were bigger than SPH's? I'm not sure what you are getting at. Did you try the modifying that value I was talking about?

Which decks, the default ones or the user-made ones?

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Wed 2 Aug 2017 08:47

The W:AB Noob wrote:Bu..

all models, (including houses, trees..),
user

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 2 Aug 2017 17:49

ilias wrote:

user

Not only is that impossible as far as I know, it's also not gonna look good at all. Assuming that models are located on the map by coordinates, you would have larger spaces between the trees, models like docks are gonna be smaller which in turn will make containers above grass, the armory is gonna look beyond weird, bridges are gonna be an absolute mess, effects would have to be scaled down, and this is all assuming that the engine automatically lowers the vertical position of all the assets to connect with terrain, which I highly doubt.

But you can try, maybe I'm wrong.

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Wed 2 Aug 2017 23:53

The W:AB Noob wrote:
ilias wrote:

user

Not only is that impossible as far as I know, it's also not gonna look good at all. Assuming that models are located on the map by coordinates, you would have larger spaces between the trees, models like docks are gonna be smaller which in turn will make containers above grass, the armory is gonna look beyond weird, bridges are gonna be an absolute mess, effects would have to be scaled down, and this is all assuming that the engine automatically lowers the vertical position of all the assets to connect with terrain, which I highly doubt.

But you can try, maybe I'm wrong.

of course it will be better with additional editing of maps (in accordance to performance terms of course),
but i anyway would prefer abstractive kind of zones (forest, sity..)
(you will not want to get schematic map with each tree painted ) (just to say what it can be that way (of course game do not feels what looks like schematic map)))
then abstractive look of everything, hided under picture,
Feel of playing would be much cooler (would looks like real, now it looks like game with units seeing 200m around, if to do not understand continuing see it only like that, missing what hided under)

(of course no need to edit bridges)
(moving models accordingly down with their editing not really a problem)
(so where user made desks located?)

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Thu 31 Aug 2017 07:32

ilias wrote:

all models, (including hous..

Can you please tell where user desks located ? (trying to save them)

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 9 Sep 2017 01:55

ilias wrote:
ilias wrote:all models, (including hous..

Can you please tell where user desks located ? (trying to save them)

Desktop or the desk in the main menu?