Issue seeing server in game

Disto
Staff Sergeant

Issue seeing server in game

Postby Disto » Thu 16 Jun 2016 21:52

I used ubuntu 16.04 32bit as my os and at this point I've flushed my Iptables and set default policies to accept, I also made sure ufw was disabled. The server appears to start up correctly and prints out this (idc about IP it's a dedicated IP used only for this atm).

Code: Select all

Connection to match making server validated , dedicated server can be used by clients on IP 149.56.191.189:10803

But I can not see the game in the in game server browser.

P.S. I can connect to my RCon port just fine.

Just in case this wasn't clear, I'm not running the game on the same machine.

MadMantiz
Master Sergeant

Re: Issue seeing server in game

Postby MadMantiz » Sat 18 Jun 2016 15:41

As it is a dedicated IP (you are not playing from the same IP), and you have your correct ports for the game open, the reasons for not showing up in the server browser is likely to be something with the map name being mis-typed (check your server config ) or you have started the server with a wrong game mode. Try a clean config file. If that does not work, check ports again and also make sure there is you have no filters enabled in the server browser (ingame) to hide empty games. I struggled a lot until I realized this with a big "doh"... :) Please let us know how you proceed.

duffman
Private

Postby duffman » Wed 6 Jul 2016 22:34

I too am having this problem.

I followed the steam guide step by step. I am running a Virtual machine on a separate pc (AMD 8 Core FX) with Debian 8... Everything seems to be working as I can see clients join my server and leave... I am running RCON from the PC that I will be gaming on and had no problems connecting with "Wolfs Wargame RCON" to my virtual machine. I'v Double & triple checked login ID/Code givin from Eugen but all is in order.

I am using ports 10803 and 10805 from my router and have opened them in my Virtual Box in Adapter #1 under my NAT and Bridged Adapter #2. The only issue iv noticed is that in the steam guide, the instructions tell you to use the local IP from the Bridged Adapter; but when i run the /sbin/ifconfig command this is all i get from the Bridged Adapter--->

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:6 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:360 (360.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

Eth1 does no provide me with an IP. So to connect Wolfs RCON to my VirtualBox from my gaming PC, I used the local IP assigned by my router and it connected w/o problem.

Any Help is VERY VERY VERY much appreciated as iv literally spent hours messing with settings trying to be able to view my server in game...

Thanks!!!

EDIT: I AM USING A HITRON CGN3 ROUTER

EDIT #2: my Friend was in fact able to view my server and load into it... so the issue is within my NAT i think but im at a loss on how to fix this. I do have access to my router for port forwarding and made sure everything is TCP/UDP and both pc's connected share the same external IP but I currently have the ports forwarded to the hosting PC and am unable to open the same ports for another PC on a different IP..... long story short im lost and confused :(

MadMantiz
Master Sergeant

Postby MadMantiz » Thu 7 Jul 2016 19:42

@duffman: it sounds like you have your server and your gaming computer behind the same router, thus giving them both the same external ip (the one the router gets from your ISP). It does not matter that they have different IP addresses within your local area network. This is why your friend can connect but you cannot.

You need to either find a way to connect your server directly to the internet (referably behind another router or firewall, and will only work if your internet provider offers more than one IP per household), or go by a more elegant solution by locating and enabling a setting in your router to enable NAT loopback (or something with a similar name).