Baltic Front decks and strategy?

User avatar
QUAD
Colonel
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun 10 Nov 2013 21:17
Contact:

Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby QUAD » Fri 16 Dec 2016 05:10

I'm curious as to how good players use the new coalition? As in decks and general advice for city fighting and such.
BUFF USA

User avatar
another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12805
Joined: Sun 21 Jul 2013 05:18
Location: Hiatus
Contact:

Re: Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby another505 » Fri 16 Dec 2016 06:18

Is a strong infantry focused deck, with great IFV. You like to be close cause you don't have long range atgm ifv like m2a2 or bmp3 or any sort, they are also lightly armored so you want to out DPS the enemy ifv with BMP-1 and bushmaster 2 in close, you will lose in long range(also, the XA 180 bushmaster 2 is good, but i wouldnt say its OP. It really has limited ammo, and the 1 armor does mean other IFV will crush it fast)

And your infantry has rather close range weapons like APILAS or smg...

you also have solid AA albeit i still find ITO 90 overpriced, the Sergei Mod is really good for 30pts and support, the 160mm mortar and Uragan is great.



You tanks are mediocre, lets get that out first. You can deal with most coalition's tank force, but you can't fight close with them or trade with them, which is kinda ..... contradicting with your infantry focused deck that likes to be close. Even so, most of the time you will lose cause FinMOD is the worst 2 per card super heavy out there, worse than the 3 per card super heavies too.

the airforce is alright ,nothing special, you have suicide bombers only, i hope eug change the finnish Mig-29 to 2 R-77 and 4 Fab500 loadout, would help the coalition
Recon is really really the strong point, the bmp1 with konkurs are really really good, i would nerf it to 40 pts.

Focus on complete forest, city or mid range forest where your recon's shine. Out in the open, you will lose, your tanks aren't well armored, your atgm aren't good enough. Seria is decent but compare to other 30 AP planes... is just alright, it can't fill the tank gap though. if forced to fight Mid-long to long range, spam a lot of aggressive recon units, the tow 2 veh and spike MR are also powerful.
10pt line infantry with 5 pt transport is your main grinder.
Since you are fighting close and mostly grinding, the uragan and mortars helps a lot.

main opener is most XA 180KT with the shock 90
bmp-1 is good too.
Other options are the spado 75 with skot 2 .
Currently, it has really strong opening except it doesnt have good wheeled IFV recon.... which is sad. With sergei mod and ITO 90, and the recon SF, it basically could get everything on wheels. Oh yea, don't rely on ITO 90 on planes, is not great against planes for its price.
Image
Of Salt

User avatar
Mister Maf
Lieutenant
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sun 15 Dec 2013 23:15
Contact:

Re: Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby Mister Maf » Fri 16 Dec 2016 07:48

I actually think the FinPol armored deck is pretty good. Lots of high accuracy tanks with high AP power.

The Yugo M-91A with 22/22 AP/AV actually has a really hard time dealing with the top NATO superheavies (all of which have 22 or more FAV except the Leclerc), but the Finnish T-72M1MOD and T-72PÄIV by contrast can penetrate them with their 23 AP. In my experience, the -1 FAV on the Finmod is well worth the trade for +1 AP power, just so it doesn't have to close a range increment to do decent damage like the Vihor does. It survives armor fights by killing the enemy first instead of tanking damage.

Yug/CZ armored ironically relies on the supposedly weaker Moderna to fight enemy superheavy tanks for the same reason, which it can only do with the increased vet from the armored specialization.
Image

User avatar
QUAD
Colonel
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun 10 Nov 2013 21:17
Contact:

Re: Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby QUAD » Fri 16 Dec 2016 07:59

another505 wrote:Is a strong infantry focused deck, with great IFV. You like to be close cause you don't have long range atgm ifv like m2a2 or bmp3 or any sort, they are also lightly armored so you want to out DPS the enemy ifv with BMP-1 and bushmaster 2 in close, you will lose in long range(also, the XA 180 bushmaster 2 is good, but i wouldnt say its OP. It really has limited ammo, and the 1 armor does mean other IFV will crush it fast)

And your infantry has rather close range weapons like APILAS or smg...

you also have solid AA albeit i still find ITO 90 overpriced, the Sergei Mod is really good for 30pts and support, the 160mm mortar and Uragan is great.



You tanks are mediocre, lets get that out first. You can deal with most coalition's tank force, but you can't fight close with them or trade with them, which is kinda ..... contradicting with your infantry focused deck that likes to be close. Even so, most of the time you will lose cause FinMOD is the worst 2 per card super heavy out there, worse than the 3 per card super heavies too.

the airforce is alright ,nothing special, you have suicide bombers only, i hope eug change the finnish Mig-29 to 2 R-77 and 4 Fab500 loadout, would help the coalition
Recon is really really the strong point, the bmp1 with konkurs are really really good, i would nerf it to 40 pts.

Focus on complete forest, city or mid range forest where your recon's shine. Out in the open, you will lose, your tanks aren't well armored, your atgm aren't good enough. Seria is decent but compare to other 30 AP planes... is just alright, it can't fill the tank gap though. if forced to fight Mid-long to long range, spam a lot of aggressive recon units, the tow 2 veh and spike MR are also powerful.
10pt line infantry with 5 pt transport is your main grinder.
Since you are fighting close and mostly grinding, the uragan and mortars helps a lot.

main opener is most XA 180KT with the shock 90
bmp-1 is good too.
Other options are the spado 75 with skot 2 .
Currently, it has really strong opening except it doesnt have good wheeled IFV recon.... which is sad. With sergei mod and ITO 90, and the recon SF, it basically could get everything on wheels. Oh yea, don't rely on ITO 90 on planes, is not great against planes for its price.


i havent even tried the konkurs recon, ive just been using the bushmaster 2 one.

@MisterMaff link a good deck?
BUFF USA

User avatar
another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12805
Joined: Sun 21 Jul 2013 05:18
Location: Hiatus
Contact:

Re: Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby another505 » Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:08

Mister Maf wrote:I actually think the FinPol armored deck is pretty good. Lots of high accuracy tanks with high AP power.

The Yugo M-91A with 22/22 AP/AV actually has a really hard time dealing with the top NATO superheavies (all of which have 22 or more FAV except the Leclerc), but the Finnish T-72M1MOD and T-72PÄIV by contrast can penetrate them with their 23 AP. In my experience, the -1 FAV on the Finmod is well worth the trade for +1 AP power, just so it doesn't have to close a range increment to do decent damage like the Vihor does. It survives armor fights by killing the enemy first instead of tanking damage.

Yug/CZ armored ironically relies on the supposedly weaker Moderna to fight enemy superheavy tanks for the same reason, which it can only do with the increased vet from the armored specialization.


the M-91A also has faster rof iirc. and entente has moderna which is better than twardy in my opinion.

Neither are great tank brawling decks compare to blufor's or USSR, they are good because the infantry is good, but your tanks are mediocre, and the lack of 3325m anti helo means longbow are a real pain in the ass.
I suppose you must get mig-21bis to handle them... but against USA's better airforce and AA... is unreliable, might get shot down before even it touches the longbow

QUAD wrote:
i havent even tried the konkurs recon, ive just been using the bushmaster 2 one.

@MisterMaff link a good deck?


there is no point to take the bushmaster 2 one in my opinion, the T-55 recon is better if you want to deal with infantry/apc/ifv.
The konkur recon is really good. Is still has a gun to somewhat shoot at infantry while remaining hidden.
Last edited by another505 on Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Of Salt

User avatar
QUAD
Colonel
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun 10 Nov 2013 21:17
Contact:

Re: Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby QUAD » Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:11

another505 wrote:
Mister Maf wrote:I actually think the FinPol armored deck is pretty good. Lots of high accuracy tanks with high AP power.

The Yugo M-91A with 22/22 AP/AV actually has a really hard time dealing with the top NATO superheavies (all of which have 22 or more FAV except the Leclerc), but the Finnish T-72M1MOD and T-72PÄIV by contrast can penetrate them with their 23 AP. In my experience, the -1 FAV on the Finmod is well worth the trade for +1 AP power, just so it doesn't have to close a range increment to do decent damage like the Vihor does. It survives armor fights by killing the enemy first instead of tanking damage.

Yug/CZ armored ironically relies on the supposedly weaker Moderna to fight enemy superheavy tanks for the same reason, which it can only do with the increased vet from the armored specialization.


the M-91A also has faster rof iirc. and entente has moderna which is better than twardy in my opinion.

Neither are great tank brawling decks compare to blufor's or USSR, they are good because the infantry is good, but your tanks are mediocre, and the lack of 3325m anti helo means longbow are a real pain in the ass.


QUAD wrote:
i havent even tried the konkurs recon, ive just been using the bushmaster 2 one.

@MisterMaff link a good deck?


there is no point to take the bushmaster 2 one in my opinion, the T-55 recon is better if you want to deal with infantry/apc/ifv.
The konkur recon is really good. Is still has a gun to somewhat shoot at infantry while remaining hidden.


why not both? :twisted:

also the recon ATV seems good idk if its worth the slot in a non moto deck
BUFF USA

User avatar
another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12805
Joined: Sun 21 Jul 2013 05:18
Location: Hiatus
Contact:

Re: Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby another505 » Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:13

QUAD wrote:
why not both? :twisted:

also the recon ATV seems good idk if its worth the slot in a non moto deck

Cause you dont have all the slots in the world.
but that is up to you, i mean, its a solid unit no doubt, a lot of decks would love to have it. But i dont see a reason to take in the baltic
Image
Of Salt

User avatar
chykka
Brigadier
Posts: 3260
Joined: Wed 28 Nov 2012 14:55
Location: Canada, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby chykka » Fri 16 Dec 2016 08:49

Extra vet won't help an unarmed and unarmoured unit much, the stealth make it pretty good at hiding in the open. Further forward the more likely it ends up behind enemy lines if you pick a hedge row where the enemy does not pass through.
Image

User avatar
Mister Maf
Lieutenant
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sun 15 Dec 2013 23:15
Contact:

Re: Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby Mister Maf » Fri 16 Dec 2016 09:06

QUAD wrote:i havent even tried the konkurs recon, ive just been using the bushmaster 2 one.

@MisterMaff link a good deck?

This is what I have right now.

Code: Select all

@UqMBy2VnZbUzxNjZYhCkQbZ2RNtDIm2hngTQSHloqUCWZFg5CUWkRq7WcEoFKhVgVflnxanGXsnbVq2PNXDVK2Pg

Spoiler : :
20161216015236_1.jpg
20161216015236_1.jpg (283.04 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

It's still being refined but I like it so far. YMMV depending on unit preference.

another505 wrote:the M-91A also has faster rof iirc. and entente has moderna which is better than twardy in my opinion.

M-91A has 10 r/m, Finmod has 9. Not really that big of a difference imo. The Moderna is certainly better than the Twardy, though, yes.

Neither are great tank brawling decks compare to blufor's or USSR, they are good because the infantry is good, but your tanks are mediocre, and the lack of 3325m anti helo means longbow are a real pain in the ass.
I suppose you must get mig-21bis to handle them... but against USA's better airforce and AA... is unreliable, might get shot down before even it touches the longbow

I still don't consider the tanks mediocre. The Vihor in practice has certainly been somewhat disappointing when it faces off against, say, 2A5s in the open, yes. But all around both coalitions have some pretty capable hardware, and I'm telling you, you really ought not underestimate the AP power on the Finnish tanks. The T-72PÄIV can be used to outnumber heavier tanks — anchor them with the Finmod and they'll pulverize.

As far as Longbows go — just 2v1 it with 2800m AA. You'll kill the Longbow and lose one piece. Very favorable trade.
Image

User avatar
QUAD
Colonel
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun 10 Nov 2013 21:17
Contact:

Re: Baltic Front decks and strategy?

Postby QUAD » Sat 17 Dec 2016 02:20

chykka wrote:Extra vet won't help an unarmed and unarmoured unit much, the stealth make it pretty good at hiding in the open. Further forward the more likely it ends up behind enemy lines if you pick a hedge row where the enemy does not pass through.


we played!
BUFF USA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest