Need guidance/deck codes for Swedish or Scandinavian decks

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Re: Need guidance/deck codes for Swedish or Scandinavian decks

Postby Mister Maf » Thu 29 Dec 2016 01:51

Adarius wrote:
Mister Maf wrote:The BKAN 1A is actually one of the very few old artillery units in the game that's not completely terrible. Combine with BKAN 1C for ridiculous suppressive volume of fire.

What is the benefit of combining them rather than just having two BKAN 1C?

You can only have one card of BKAN 1C because it's a prototype unit.

Adarius
Sergeant

Postby Adarius » Thu 29 Dec 2016 04:09

Mister Maf wrote:
Adarius wrote:
Mister Maf wrote:The BKAN 1A is actually one of the very few old artillery units in the game that's not completely terrible. Combine with BKAN 1C for ridiculous suppressive volume of fire.

What is the benefit of combining them rather than just having two BKAN 1C?

You can only have one card of BKAN 1C because it's a prototype unit.

That is a very reasonable reason :lol: .

Adarius
Sergeant

Postby Adarius » Sat 7 Jan 2017 09:18

Impression so far from using Sandifords deck:

It is a huge improvement from what I used before and especially the support and air tabs are huge improvements to what I had before. The tank tab is disappointing but that got more to do with the weak tanks of the Scandinavian coalition compared to other coalition.

The current changes I am testing out are:

Tank: Dropped Strv103C, I think this is a bad move by me but I have always struggled with mid tier tanks and needed to afford the recon helicopters.

Recon: Added the best helicopter available. With my poor planning it is important with fast recon units.

Air: Switched the F-16 for air superiority with the Gripen, partially for nationalistic reasons but also because I felt that a lower turnaround time was better than a slightly better gun.

Vehicle: Switched the IKV105 to high tier ATGM vehicle, with the weak tanks I need all the stand off capacity I can get but I am not convinced that it was a good idea.

Infantry: Switched FSK to Kustjägare (Helicopter 4C) as a dedicated assault unit due to HP15 and AT weapons better suited for close range fighting. I am not happy with the transport selection for Kustjägare but a swift flight and hiking the last part of the distance at 30 kph seem to work.

Dropped the CV9035 for Stormers as I want them to be cheap utility infantry.

Gave CV9040 to RB56 unit (CV9040+ATGM can hold against small assaults on their own or reinforce a strong position) and switched RB70NG for Swedish RBS90 which got weaker hand weapons but slightly better AA.

The two weaknesses of the deck as I see it is a lack of line infantry with CV90 and a lack of mid tier tanks. The strengths are the solid infantry, support and air.

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Postby Mister Maf » Sat 7 Jan 2017 13:46

Adarius wrote:Air: Switched the F-16 for air superiority with the Gripen, partially for nationalistic reasons but also because I felt that a lower turnaround time was better than a slightly better gun.

Nationalism aside, this is a bad move. You're not going to miss a difference of 500L of fuel when we're talking about 5,000L total. What you will miss is the fact that the Vulcan is the only plane cannon in the game worth a damn. The difference is much greater than "slight". It's capable of shooting down planes, the Mauser is not.

If you want another deck to reference, here's mine.

Code: Select all

@Hh8CEIVuSNS3JGcPGzwuYTOnMNxTmG4JpxY4dkMZLcCnROOTeS3st7TkE5suhDnCw8tqKfi3gtvTdS30uSLaQA==

Spoiler : :
scandi deck.png
scandi deck.png (590.19 KiB) Viewed 539 times

The exceptional optics recon ought to help you spot targets for your TOW more easily.

JoonasTo
Master Sergeant

Postby JoonasTo » Sat 7 Jan 2017 17:10

Didn't notice anyone touching 1v1 here yet so I figured might as well.

Scandinavia has nothing to properly contest superheavies, since they lack a good ATGM plane and a proper superheavy of their own. Their ATGM infantry being low range, bad stealth(in comparison) and expensive, doesn't help. Thus in the current 1v1 meta, you're going to end up trying to play around this with the TOW2 jeeps and helis or ignoring open fields all together.

Your strength used to lie in good infantry and their IFVs but frankly, Finnish(Jääkäri '90+KT) and especially Yugoslavian infantry(Proleteri/'90+PB/BVP) is so godlike, you're not that superior anymore. BRs also got their suppression reduced. Your great mid-tier tanks got overshadowed by the Merkavas. Lie Ren are now better than Fallskärmsjägare. Etc. Etc.
The best 1v1 SEAD, with the Puff and great ASF with the F-16A are still there but the Eryx and activation points are really the only reasons to play scandi over mixed blue(that has great ATGM planes) nowadays.

This is a quickly created 1v1 deck for "easy play".
@Hh8Byxtp0bYmRM6cwjwuJIlTJoQp7UaluRPAQYpQBaOm9pvabyjyRaSc4XQlt6dMnSlgZdAm+pupRehPJyA=Image

If you have confidence in your micro, replace:
LOG: Amfibil supply with Scania
INF: Geväermen with Livgarden in the M/113G
SUPPORT: EOTS Hawk with NOAH(or remove them all together)
TANK: one or both of the 103s with Leos(1A5NO2 and 1ANO are my preferences here)
VEHICLE: IKV 103 with NM113 RFK
HELO: Fennec 20mm with a FOB while switching NM106 for AMOS
PLANE: AJS 37 Viggen with anything else
The psychotic Finnish wood-elf

Adarius
Sergeant

Postby Adarius » Sun 8 Jan 2017 12:07

Thank you!

I/we will test the decks out when I get back to home and my comfortable computer. Neither me or my buddy whom I mostly play with got the expansions so we will not worry about OP DLC in the near term.

Also one question, what makes FSK an attractive choice compared to Kustjägare. Is it due to them being a bit more multi role with longer range basic weapons? To me the 15 strength of Kustjägare look very convenient but sometimes (like with Gripen vs F-16) it is hard to determine the actual significance in game.

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Postby Mister Maf » Sun 8 Jan 2017 13:03

Magical folding-stock AK5s aside, FSK just have stronger weapons than Kustjägare. The MG3 isn't the god-king walking among mere mortals that it used to be, but it's sure a heck of a lot better than the Ksp 58 ever was. The AT12-T is very strong for forest fighting, to be sure (although it seems to have been overlooked with the AT4 accuracy buff), but the Eryx is pretty much always a plus.

Secondly, and honestly more importantly, Kustjägare's transport options are terrible. The Stolly and Huey are automatically ruled out, which just leaves the Phrog. While there's not really anything inherently wrong with the Phrog — good HP, decent speed, not super expensive — it's a dealbreaker when we're talking about a 35-point squad which I get at most nine of.

It's a bad deal to pay a premium price to get premium infantry shot down before their boots even hit the dirt when I could send them into battle more safely for 10 points less in a fast APC. On a lot of maps helicopters aren't even any faster than wheeled APCs anyway because of the time it takes to land and then either embark onto some ground transports or just hoof it the rest of the way.

JoonasTo
Master Sergeant

Postby JoonasTo » Sun 8 Jan 2017 19:27

You need to think of four units when thinking of the Kustjägare and FSK, the Fallskermjeger and the Jäegere. They cover different areas of the same job, you just pick the combination you want.

Kustjägare and Jäegere both have fast helos, so they're your helo insertion troops. They have medium-range, average fire-rate AT weapon so they're fit to every situation. They both lack combat capable transports so they have to be unloaded before contact.
Jäegere has a better MG but in this case, the meaningful difference is the very good optics stat. Kustjägare has 15-men survivability and more units per card so it's a pick between intel and longevity.

FSK and Fallskermjeger both have the Eryx, so they're great area denial tools but will suffer in forests vs cheap firesupport. They lack fast helis so forget about early insertion. They do however have the XA-186NO transports so they can drive more or less straight into combat.
The FSK has around 50% more anti-infantry firepower and slightly better Eryx accuracy(due to elite training) but the Fallskermjeger is cheaper, more units per card and has 15-men survivability. It's a pick between firepower and longevity.

If you find preserving your units and resupplying them into full health difficult or too much work, stick with the 15-men variants that have more units per card.
If you know you can preserve them, the Jäegere and FSK give you better results. They are the "better" choice in theory. However, in theory, you also never get hit by bombers, artillery, mortars or flanking enemies... :lol:
The psychotic Finnish wood-elf

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Tue 10 Jan 2017 12:40

RBS-56 infantry can do well.
Eryx is a must (you need high AP to deal with M-84 variants and merkavas).
Cluster viggen is all-right. MLU is a must.
The danish cluster F16 is good as well.
STRV 122 is the only tank worth a damn.
103D is ok, but very situational.
Otomatic is a must.

The meta is centralized around Entente, which is outright pay to win-tier. I would kinda suggest not running SEAD anymore as they have the cheap ass non-rad NEWA and plenty IR. Basically they don't use RAD.

I haven't tried this yet against yugo so much but I think some success can be had trying to suppress the AA with bombers and rocket planes instead. Just sacrifice a cheap plane, have the following planes hit AA locations. Draken gives high avail and can snipe some AA pieces, they're a bit expensive though. If you have air superiority you can cluster the M84AN stealth tank which might give you a fighting chance.

Unfortunately
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":

Adarius
Sergeant

Postby Adarius » Mon 30 Jan 2017 00:43

My progress as a Scandi player is somewhat hampered as my best buddy (and 1 vs 1 opponent) prefer the BlueFor side. I will however try out Mister Mafs deck as I feel it is similar to what I got but a bit better.

I also made a baseline calculation for FSK vs Fallskermjeger and realize that I underestimated the importance of the main weapons.

As I understand it the baseline for Fallskermjeger 90 should be:
(1*171*0.6+0.5*461*0.5)/60 = ~3.63 damage per second

FSK would have:
(1*355*0.6+0.5*461*0.5)/60 = 5.47

In reality the difference should be a bit smaller as Fallskermjeger 90 are more likely to get a range bonus and the MG get a significant bonus when the main weapons are in range. I do however assume this is a pretty small difference.

Two more questions:
1) How much of a point is there in bringing Gevarmen or even the LHV? Gevarmen got a DPS 2.34 as per above conditions and LHV 0.43. Obviously they are not very good for fighting but both units can be very cheap (15 and 10 activation points) and could perhaps be used as flank guards? For normal games I think Gevarmen are the obvious choice but I am toying with a Scandi Support deck for Tactical games. My focus would be BKan 1C, Otomatic and AMOS but perhaps LHV could be used to act as cheap sentries.

2) What are the best units/tactics to take out enemy artillery? I use a 2S7M Malka in my USSR deck with some surprisingly good effect. It is horribly slow but very useful to take out garrisoned infantry, either to prepare for an attack or as a disruption where I take out exposed units in less important areas to divert my opponents attention (or open up for later attacks from a different angle). You need to kill a lot of units to get the points back but is a constant diversion and the damage output is surprising as it seem to kill ~1 infantry unit (10 HP) per hit even when they are in buildings and should have a 70 % damage reduction.