Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Adarius
Sergeant
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed 28 Dec 2016 12:46
Contact:

Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby Adarius » Fri 17 Mar 2017 15:42

After watching a few video clips of Stealth17 Gaming doing Tactical 10 vs 10 games I got interested and created my own Scandi Support deck centered around the formidable Bkan 1C. A Bkan 1C supported by a FOB, an AA gun and some cheap recon infantry has so far been a solid starting strategy. It does however feel a bit stale as it is mostly about point-click-kill as long as my team is doing well and is unlikely to turn the tide if we are losing.

So I am curious on what people enjoy playing in 10 vs 10 tactical games so that I can expand my options and test out more different decks for the game type. Good decks are of course always appreciated but I am especially interested in decks that make you feel satisfied and engaged in the games.

Adarius
Sergeant
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed 28 Dec 2016 12:46
Contact:

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby Adarius » Sun 19 Mar 2017 20:52

After some experimenting I now have three decks to share/get advice on.

1. Scandi Support deck (Support obviously).
@HhUBixtwyEk4ZiFTIg1opTlEYI1JmC3ggxJMAxltnjaW21t9jkW29uTaMyUQp+RVScxODTa0J5NzjAy55ufTnE5ttJA=
My first deck and so far the one that I am the most happy with. My aim with a deck is always to be able to play at least three roles and the deck is suitable for artillery support (Bkan1C), general AA (Otomatic, EOTS Hawk and that lovely 40pts radar Hawk) as well as hybrid operations with Otomatics support/infantry with cheap dragoner as well as excellent Fallskermjeger, Stormingenjörer and PVGRB 56. I do however struggle to find the best combat area for the Otomatic as they either get too close or sniped from a distance.

I have also had a collosal failure where I tried a CV90 themed approach with the AMOS, LVKV90 (and Otomatic). But the AMOS turned out to mainly be a logistical burden as it constantly failed to destroy enemy units with its 5 HE mortar. Is it the blast radius that lets it down or is it just me that suck at it?

Scandi infantry deck (mechanized)
@HhkDCxwukZ01ZiVRg24njblEYNyqMGIU9qEk4aHhRgzUmYZqTxtyiMGEcgxDGU2dNtRd031N5Q+EoBNqRVW2tuDbc06ZOljAy6IuejoQ
I went with a mechanized deck as it provide Swedish units with elite CV90s and the rest of the countries with the 5pts M113 which is a very cost efficient. I do however really miss Kustjägare in this deck. I do not feel that I have successfully managed to optimize my utilization of this deck.

East German air supremacy/infantry (marine)
@UlcCymwiEEOeqJ4UHFQjHamRjwQ4+4pRQcUublqVGPFLnqilFkhNDDySHk/LSPEpRZyI0jao2SWIkxpWBEuhMJT6IOiSxKg=
I actually did this by accident as I confused FJB40 for the 35pts variant. But the end result is a deck with FJB-40, Kommandosi and Formoza forming the combat infantry core while East German Mig-29 is the primary ASF, Su-22M4 with the Polish version as backup and Su22M4 and Su22M4 Serla are the major tank killers with Su-7BM as a cheap bomber.

Right now I do not see the point of this as the Airborne deck got better air units.

User avatar
steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon 26 Aug 2013 10:38
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Contact:

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby steppewolf » Wed 19 Apr 2017 11:26

Adarius wrote:After some experimenting I now have three decks to share/get advice on.


If you can post the pictures of decks on a photo hosting site I can give you tips as I play Scandi pretty much

Adarius
Sergeant
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed 28 Dec 2016 12:46
Contact:

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby Adarius » Thu 20 Apr 2017 16:03

steppewolf wrote:
Adarius wrote:After some experimenting I now have three decks to share/get advice on.


If you can post the pictures of decks on a photo hosting site I can give you tips as I play Scandi pretty much

Thank you, I have gained a some experience from Tactical games and so far I have found myself most comfortable playing a East European armoured deck and almost embarassed when playing my other decks. So I will start out with describing my positive experiences before moving on to my Scandi-decks.

What I like the most with my East European tank deck is the T-55AM2 Dyna with its 2800 m Arkan rocket (50 % acc and 21 AP). On Nuclear Winter I find the combination of the Dyna and Moderna to be excellent and usually start out with Dyna + Moderna + Sopel + Grenzer as a solid 290 pts combo. The Dyna can usually dent enemy super heavy tanks from a distance and the Moderna is powerful at shorter distances as well as capable of dealing with super heavy tanks damaged by the Dynain open terrain. The Moderna is weaker than most super heavy tanks in a 1 vs 1 situation (pretty poor cannon and average armour) but the Dyna seem to be enough of an equalizer. I do however find the deck much less successful on Mudfight where I usually play in the open terrain in on the water side (Fedor? I usually think of it as not Anna). The Dyna is wonderful as most people seem surprised by its range which allows it to snipe support vehicles. But the open terrain and short range of the Sopel allow ATGM planes to snipe the Moderna unless I got another player providing AA or ASF. I have been testing tactics where I drop the Moderna and take two Dynas + infantry (Konkurs-M and Motoschutze 90) to take control over both the forest available on "my side" as well as the more contested forest towards the water. This tactic has not worked so I will need to come up with something else as a super heavy tank seems necessary to prevent enemy pushes (time to try the Twardy perhaps?) as Two Dynas can hurt tanks but are usually unable to kill them.

A slightly crazy idea is to combine the Dyna with the Su-25K and some infantry, the Dyna can snipe enemy AA units and the Su-25K should be able to deal with enemy super heavy tanks even if it means that I will be vulnerable whenever it is off the field.

East European tank deck:
@UlMCGQY+DIMUxKYNK1Xj3ZBR7kSSnkpUY6FoMuKziuoqWGrJ5ERpCPR7WlmJTSvURJKwatCPgrHJQyQ+K1hO4SFomRoIoIA=
Image

Scandinavian support:

In my first games I found the Bkan1C to be almost overpowered but have revised my opinion. It is great for breaking deadlocks but quite useless if the enemy is pushing successfully. My current line of thinking is to use this as a situational deck. Standard play would be Bkan1C with FOB and Otomatic (often requires to save up a few points for the Oto) but it can at least in theory be used as a pure AA/fire support deck. So far I have however been unsuccessful with it on Mudfight as the Otomatic either gets sniped from a distance or end up to close to the enemy and dies if used for fire support (is there any area you find good for Otomatics on Mudfight?)

I also tried a hybrid approach with AMOS + Otomatic but that one failed horribly. I thought that the twin 5 HE mortar shots and quick reload would do wonders against infantry but I never managed to kill anything with it. Is that just me or was I to optimistic about the damage output of the AMOS?

The deck:
@HhUCCxtwyEk4ZOURgjUmYYhT2oNaKU5VGEb8i0t4IMSTAMZbZ42lttbfY5Ftvbk2jMp+JzE4NNrQnowMuebn05xtJR6U0dOlLcA=
Image


Scandinavian infantry:
Right now I am not using it at all due to sheer embarassment. I really like the Stormers in CV9030 when fighting in Anna and also find the Vildkat quite good for recon/fire support. But my infantry micromanagement is poor and I also have severe issues in estimating when I should fight or retreat which is very important as I often end up feeding the enemy points in battles I cannot win.

The deck:
@HhkDCxwujEqjBtxPG3KowYhT2oSThoeFGDNSZhmpPG3KIwh4XEtnTVmEcgxDGU2dNtRd031N5Q+EoBNqba24NtzTpk6WMDLoi55NHjoQ
Image


Eurocore Armoured:
This is just something I am toying with. I like the French ATGM and AA infantry but I am really not sure on how to play it.

The deck:
@HgMCCDUwzNAhtmgUqzPEjZnTGpkDS0CdpaZG0uDrg+YAmDxgEEO5KSSHkI5ASQEUZ9Jwi/YvSMHi3ou8lpJgShk=
Image

User avatar
steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon 26 Aug 2013 10:38
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Contact:

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby steppewolf » Thu 20 Apr 2017 17:51

Adarius wrote:
Scandinavian support:

In my first games I found the Bkan1C to be almost overpowered but have revised my opinion. It is great for breaking deadlocks but quite useless if the enemy is pushing successfully. My current line of thinking is to use this as a situational deck. Standard play would be Bkan1C with FOB and Otomatic (often requires to save up a few points for the Oto) but it can at least in theory be used as a pure AA/fire support deck. So far I have however been unsuccessful with it on Mudfight as the Otomatic either gets sniped from a distance or end up to close to the enemy and dies if used for fire support (is there any area you find good for Otomatics on Mudfight?)

I also tried a hybrid approach with AMOS + Otomatic but that one failed horribly. I thought that the twin 5 HE mortar shots and quick reload would do wonders against infantry but I never managed to kill anything with it. Is that just me or was I to optimistic about the damage output of the AMOS?


First some quick advice about Scandi support and will look rest of decks in following days. I rarely play support, if ever but I like Scandi support line and tested about everything.

First, Bkan 1C and Amos rarely have an effect against moving targets, you have to chose stationary ones. AMOS is a nice tool but you have to use it with care, because its ammo is not cheap, it consumes fast. Target concealed recon teams, enemy AA or ATGMs and stationary infantry.

I don't use Otomatics much, I prefer LVKV 90s because of their price and they pack a good punch. Try to use it at the limit of its ground range to avoid enemy ATGMs or guns fire, try to find angle to use it at the maximum range possible and use turn off radar (when you see enemy SEAD) and retreat in reverse. Since you're playing tactical, it's all about micro. However, Otomatic is a juicy target and attracts the enemy like a magnet so you have to be careful.

Now on deck:

First, always use all points. This deck may work in team games if you want to hold a limited area and help your team mates with support stuff, should you want to try 3v3, 4v4

LOG: Bkans and Amos eat a lot of ammo so consider two FOBs; 20 pts trucks are more efficient; You can also consider a helicopter since you play support; as for CVs, you don't need that many, you'd be fine with one infantry team and one tank with 2 top armor for heavy contested areas, Danish Centurion have a very good price. StabsTGB 1313 is also good, it's speedy and have good avail so you can get away with only a CV card.


INF:
ATGM good
MANPADS -> Lvgrp RBS 90 is more accurate and have better range.
Line infantry: Geværmen 90 is the better choice, their MG3 is one of the best machine guns in game so drop Dragoner
Fire support infantry: I like Ildstottegruppe 85 more if you want to stay cheap; Stormgenior 90s have the best weapon
Shock/Elites: Norrlandsjägare are good if you want to guard towns, their recoil gun is decent but since you play tactical you'd want the Elites so keep the FKPs.

SUPPORT:
You miss a lot of goodies there.
- don't upvet M270, you need numbers to see an effect; however, Scand rocket clusters don't work very well so this shouldn't be on your priority list; the other stuff can be ubvetted
- NASAMS is an good AA system for openings; It is wheeled and have a good range versus helos so can ambush those Ka-50/52 or Mi-28s at the beginning of the game; however, be careful to conceal it as the missiles may have a bigger range and Ka-52 also carry anti-radar ones. It is not an extraordinary system but it's versatile.
- Rover RBS-90 is an AA wheeled alternative, have good range anti-helo, less versus planes but it is very cheap, excellent to escort opening columns.
- NM106 are better mortars, I'd use them, they're only 10 pts more but you already have AMOS so think if you really need them
- EOTS is nice because it is radarless but lack accuracy; I'd keep it but I' d consider to also bring NOAH which is one of the top Hawks in the game and is more accurate and have more range; I'd drop the Swedish one.

TANKS:
Strv 105 is an excellent tank for that price; your choice isn't bad but its ground speed is a serious set back.

REC:
M41 DK1 is cheap and pack a punch
HKP 6A is the cheaper option for passive spotting, the difference of speed compared with Cayuse doesn't work +5 pts.
Jaegere 90s are recon elites, recon fighting infantry so should be there, too bad they don't come in choppers.
You need an infantry team in a fairly fast chopper to sneak it behind enemy lines, with weapons switch off to spot targets in enemy spawn for your Bkans and it's between Fallskärmsjägare and Oppklaring.
NM116 pack a punch as ambush and stationary recon (doesn't have stab) while Wildkat have a nice AC but I feel you kind of overpay for it.

VHC:
IKV 105 OK fire support
TOW 2 for ambushes so you don't need anything else from here; Swedish Jeep recoiless might be useful if you have the points but I'd feel you should use them on planes

HELO:
Fennec 20MM could be useful around the base

PLANES:
You need ASF. This deck may work in team games as it can hold on its own.
You should pick between F-16AM (better than Gripen because of Vulcan) and F-16A Block 15 at Elite. I personally prefer the second option.
Planes that can pack a punch against tanks/armor are F-16A MLU and AJS 37 Viggen although the second one require more skill to use and have the advantage it can drop bombs in areas where enemy hide in forest armor but it's a bet. F-16A MLU is easier to use if you spot the enemy tank. Test them and see what works for you and test them in skirmish, not in multi, to get used first with how they work.
Puff is a price effective SEAD which can down enemy helos who wander behind your lines.
F-16A Fighting Falcon is a bomber who pack a good punch, it makes good damage. Draken WDNS is the cheaper variant, a bit more survivable but doesn't make the same damage as those 1000 kgs bombs
You could consider JA 37 Viggen at Elite as ASF to pick bombers but beware of top enemy planes. It is cheap and pretty good.
As rocket planes, it's between F-100D and J 35F Draken. I prefer the second one because it has better speed and could attack helos, I use it to take on enemy recon or ATGM team who venture too far.

For low points games I'd pick J-35F Draken, JA 37 Viggen (as you expect a player with specialized airborne deck to provide top tier ASF), Puff and F-16A Fighting Falcon. If points available I'd add F-16A MLU or AJS 37 Viggen.
Last edited by steppewolf on Fri 21 Apr 2017 08:59, edited 1 time in total.

Adarius
Sergeant
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed 28 Dec 2016 12:46
Contact:

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby Adarius » Thu 20 Apr 2017 23:33

In tactical games there are generally only 290-350 pts to use at the start of the game so it is really all about selecting the most bang for the buck. Today I tried a combo of Su-25k + Dyna + Sopel + Motostrelki (Vydra2) + Czech recon (had to be summoned 1 second into the game due to 1 missing point). I lost the Su-25 early in both games but it feels like a very promising combination as the Su-25k can make a very nice hole in most super heavy tanks while the Dyna forces enemy AA to keep at a distance. The tight turn radius of the Su-25k also help a lot as a I can stay away from the enemy as well as hide above the Sopel when needed.

Later in the game I mostly summon Dynas, more Sopels and recon infantry. Getting a super heavy tank late in a tactical game can be a real game changer but I rarely have the patience for that as I tend to lose Dynas a bit to often. For Scandi support I usually go FOB + Bkan1C+either LVKV90 or wait for an Otomatic. Later in the game I have focused on Otomatics and recon infantry but I should probably consider the LVKV90 more as it works well in my normal deck. I have also considered to go anti tank with the M270 but in that case I should perhaps switch deck and go with the US ATACMS?

User avatar
steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon 26 Aug 2013 10:38
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Contact:

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby steppewolf » Fri 21 Apr 2017 10:22

Adarius wrote:In tactical games there are generally only 290-350 pts to use at the start of the game so it is really all about selecting the most bang for the buck. Today I tried a combo of Su-25k + Dyna + Sopel + Motostrelki (Vydra2) + Czech recon (had to be summoned 1 second into the game due to 1 missing point). I lost the Su-25 early in both games but it feels like a very promising combination as the Su-25k can make a very nice hole in most super heavy tanks while the Dyna forces enemy AA to keep at a distance. The tight turn radius of the Su-25k also help a lot as a I can stay away from the enemy as well as hide above the Sopel when needed.

Later in the game I mostly summon Dynas, more Sopels and recon infantry. Getting a super heavy tank late in a tactical game can be a real game changer but I rarely have the patience for that as I tend to lose Dynas a bit to often. For Scandi support I usually go FOB + Bkan1C+either LVKV90 or wait for an Otomatic. Later in the game I have focused on Otomatics and recon infantry but I should probably consider the LVKV90 more as it works well in my normal deck. I have also considered to go anti tank with the M270 but in that case I should perhaps switch deck and go with the US ATACMS?


How are you losing the Otomatic? SEAD or something else?
ATACMS is probably the only useful cluster MLRS indeed.
Since you are using specialized decks try to focus on a certain area, don't try hybrid approaches, use the respective decks's strengths; if you picked support go for arty or AA, if you have mech go for infantry mainly and pick just one AA piece, no reason to get the SU-25 at the beginning..it's a team game, you don't have to open with every category of units.

Right, EB armored:

LOG: supply helos aren't cost effective and Mi-4 is just a waste of points.

INF: You have MotSchutzen base and 90s so bring them in BMP-2 (without ATGM, which is a waste of points) or MT-LBs; if you want an IFV AC than BMP-2 is better than Vidra/Motostrelci so pick MotSchutzen90/BMP-2 and two cards of base MotSchutzen in MT-LBs; Konkurs-M is fine. For last card of infantry you chose from Grom/Promet (manpads), Granatomets / OT62A or Panzerjager/Pancerovnici depending on your plan. I'd pick Granatomets to help MotSchutzen.

SUP: Tor is a good all rounder and I think is better than Fla-SFL 256. Tracked NEWA is the long range defense vs planes; Kub M4 and Strop 1 have small autonomy and since you focus on tanks you would prefer an all rounder like TOR. You also need mortar for smoke (PRAM-S)

TANKS: upvet them all; I'd pick Moderna, Twardy, Wilks, T-72MIM, Dyna, Merida, base T-72. Although on paper Dyna looks good, upvetted in armored deck seem to be the only way. T-62Cz used to be OK as a cheap tank.

Regarding what you previously said about Moderna, I think it should be used with more care, it's more a defensive/ambush tank for me; Twardy is better for an aggressive use and although lacks Moderna armor have better ROF and accuracy/stabs.

REC: BPzV Snezka is excellent 30 mm autocannon recon and have excellent price so drop T-55. the rest is fine.

VHC: ShM vz.82 PRAM-S are excellent support for tanks; they have 120 mm HE mortar with direct shot, Konkurs-M ATGMs and a MG and fire all of them in the same time; keep them behind you line of tanks and support the advance; I like ZSU-57-2 to help infantry in forests. Some players like ASU-85 for a cheap fire support.

HELO: I think it's between Mi-35 and KHS Mi-24P as hey have better rockets than the Polish one. Mi-35 have more anti-tank missiles while Mi-24P have a very nice gun. For a very cheap support helo you can take the Mi-4 but only if you have the points.

PLANES: ASF is between German (better dogfighter and have F&F long range missiles) and Polish Mig-29s (longer range missiles but you need to keep the enemy in sight); cheaper alternative would be Mig-23 ML or MiG-21Bis Lazur for anti-helo and to mop up behind main ASF. As bombers, you have MIG-25 and Czech MIG-29 with napalm, these are the top ones. See what works better for you. I see you like Su-25 a lot so keep it but Su-22M4 Seria 30 is a very good ATGM plane. MiG-21M could be an useful napalm bomber in openings to temporary block one road; MiG-21ML is rocket plane, can hit enemy recon or ATGMs.

Adarius
Sergeant
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed 28 Dec 2016 12:46
Contact:

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby Adarius » Fri 21 Apr 2017 20:14

The Otomatics tend to be taken out by ATGM, I've never lost one to SEAD. So obviously I am being overly aggressive with them in Tactical games (they seem to survive more in normal games). I will overhaul the Scandi deck when I get the chance and also rework my usage of Otomatics.

Regarding the East European deck I've given it some thought since reading your post. I have definitely branched out to much and wasted funds on infantry which are not effective in this kind of games. Tthey have saved me one or two times early in my career but since then they have mostly depleted my resources. I also seem to have messed up as I thought the Vydra had a grenade launcher which is why I bought it even if it has performed quite okay since then (better than my Motoshutze in 5pts APCs). For my next games I will probably think more along these lines:

Boosted core units: In an armoured deck that obviously mean tanks. I am still experimenting with the Su-25 but will also try the Twardy as it should work well with the recon autocannon vehicle. Previously I've tried the SVIR-carrying ATGM tanks but was not impressed. Both the 125pts East German (T72B MIM?) and the cheaper Czech tank (95pts?) are almost as outmatched as the Dyna in tank vs tank and the higher AP on the SVIR does not compensate for the loss of range compared to the Arkan.

Units that does not need the veterancy boost: The Su-25 can be bought on maximum veterancy so there is no tangible downside in using it in an Armoured deck rather than an airborne or marine deck. I will also test some other aircraft as I like the synergy between Dynas pushing back the enemy AA and CAS aircraft. Unlike the aircraft the Sopel would benefit from higher veterancy but I am constantly impressed by its performance. It is quite rare that it fails to kill a helicopter when within range and it is quite nasty against aircraft if they are unlucky enough to pass over it. They also fill a niche with cheap non-radar units which is always needed in this kind of games.

Other units: I'll keep infantry available as an option but stop buying them early in the game. The Konkurs-M has saved me a few times but they are vulnerable and a point sink in most games.
steppewolf wrote:
Adarius wrote:In tactical games there are generally only 290-350 pts to use at the start of the game so it is really all about selecting the most bang for the buck. Today I tried a combo of Su-25k + Dyna + Sopel + Motostrelki (Vydra2) + Czech recon (had to be summoned 1 second into the game due to 1 missing point). I lost the Su-25 early in both games but it feels like a very promising combination as the Su-25k can make a very nice hole in most super heavy tanks while the Dyna forces enemy AA to keep at a distance. The tight turn radius of the Su-25k also help a lot as a I can stay away from the enemy as well as hide above the Sopel when needed.

Later in the game I mostly summon Dynas, more Sopels and recon infantry. Getting a super heavy tank late in a tactical game can be a real game changer but I rarely have the patience for that as I tend to lose Dynas a bit to often. For Scandi support I usually go FOB + Bkan1C+either LVKV90 or wait for an Otomatic. Later in the game I have focused on Otomatics and recon infantry but I should probably consider the LVKV90 more as it works well in my normal deck. I have also considered to go anti tank with the M270 but in that case I should perhaps switch deck and go with the US ATACMS?


How are you losing the Otomatic? SEAD or something else?
ATACMS is probably the only useful cluster MLRS indeed.
Since you are using specialized decks try to focus on a certain area, don't try hybrid approaches, use the respective decks's strengths; if you picked support go for arty or AA, if you have mech go for infantry mainly and pick just one AA piece, no reason to get the SU-25 at the beginning..it's a team game, you don't have to open with every category of units.

Right, EB armored:

LOG: supply helos aren't cost effective and Mi-4 is just a waste of points.

INF: You have MotSchutzen base and 90s so bring them in BMP-2 (without ATGM, which is a waste of points) or MT-LBs; if you want an IFV AC than BMP-2 is better than Vidra/Motostrelci so pick MotSchutzen90/BMP-2 and two cards of base MotSchutzen in MT-LBs; Konkurs-M is fine. For last card of infantry you chose from Grom/Promet (manpads), Granatomets / OT62A or Panzerjager/Pancerovnici depending on your plan. I'd pick Granatomets to help MotSchutzen.

SUP: Tor is a good all rounder and I think is better than Fla-SFL 256. Tracked NEWA is the long range defense vs planes; Kub M4 and Strop 1 have small autonomy and since you focus on tanks you would prefer an all rounder like TOR. You also need mortar for smoke (PRAM-S)

TANKS: upvet them all; I'd pick Moderna, Twardy, Wilks, T-72MIM, Dyna, Merida, base T-72. Although on paper Dyna looks good, upvetted in armored deck seem to be the only way. T-62Cz used to be OK as a cheap tank.

Regarding what you previously said about Moderna, I think it should be used with more care, it's more a defensive/ambush tank for me; Twardy is better for an aggressive use and although lacks Moderna armor have better ROF and accuracy/stabs.

REC: BPzV Snezka is excellent 30 mm autocannon recon and have excellent price so drop T-55. the rest is fine.

VHC: ShM vz.82 PRAM-S are excellent support for tanks; they have 120 mm HE mortar with direct shot, Konkurs-M ATGMs and a MG and fire all of them in the same time; keep them behind you line of tanks and support the advance; I like ZSU-57-2 to help infantry in forests. Some players like ASU-85 for a cheap fire support.

HELO: I think it's between Mi-35 and KHS Mi-24P as hey have better rockets than the Polish one. Mi-35 have more anti-tank missiles while Mi-24P have a very nice gun. For a very cheap support helo you can take the Mi-4 but only if you have the points.

PLANES: ASF is between German (better dogfighter and have F&F long range missiles) and Polish Mig-29s (longer range missiles but you need to keep the enemy in sight); cheaper alternative would be Mig-23 ML or MiG-21Bis Lazur for anti-helo and to mop up behind main ASF. As bombers, you have MIG-25 and Czech MIG-29 with napalm, these are the top ones. See what works better for you. I see you like Su-25 a lot so keep it but Su-22M4 Seria 30 is a very good ATGM plane. MiG-21M could be an useful napalm bomber in openings to temporary block one road; MiG-21ML is rocket plane, can hit enemy recon or ATGMs.

Adarius
Sergeant
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed 28 Dec 2016 12:46
Contact:

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby Adarius » Fri 28 Apr 2017 13:17

After some testing I now have two standard set ups that I am quite happy with.

Eastern Europe Armoured: Su-25 + T55 Dyna + Sopel (later additions a Moderna, recon and more Dynas).

Scandinavia Support: FOB + Bkan1C + (after 5 pts of income) Otomatic (later additions a JAS-37 or Otomatics or infantry).

The biggest difference is that I am now much more cautious. I am still rather poor with air units but both the Su-25 and the JAS-37 tend to make their points back by killing at least one super heavy tank before I mess up and get them killed. From a tactical perspective I find the East European deck more fulfilling as the Su-25/Dyna combo allow me to either push forward against weak enemies or play a very effective delaying game as the Dyna keeps the enemy AA at a distance while the Su-25 target any super heavies that push forward.

The Scandi deck is more reliant on good allies as the Bkan1C only ever is effective when enemy forces are forced to stand still. But the Otomatic keeps things interesting as a AA/counter attack unit. Later I add either a JAS-37 which I use for baiting enemy ASF or targeting enemy tanks or more Otomatics depending on what the team needs.

I am also playing more normal games now with an adapted East European Armoured deck. So far it has been devastating against other inexperienced/poor players but I will need to test it more in ranked as well. I am considering to switch to a general deck but with the optimized infantry tab (BMP2 switch etc) I find that even if motorized infantry and LSTR-40 had been nice, I find it hard to give up the veterancy and activation points I gain from playing armoured.

Adarius
Sergeant
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed 28 Dec 2016 12:46
Contact:

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby Adarius » Thu 25 May 2017 16:01

Quick update on my progress:

Scandinavian support: The Bkan1C is really a nightmare for the enemy, with the digital fire computer it is extremely rapid in acquiring targets. On average a unit with 1 top armour will go down after a 3 round burst so against targets out of sight I usually fire bursts of 4 shots (note to beginners: when a unit is killed the points earned by killing them are shown at the location of their death to the player killing them, putting out beacons to inform allies that their dead is often very appreciated). On a map like Mudfight it is quite easy to guess what cover enemy AA units are heading for so nowadays my Bkan1C score more points by killing expensive AA units than from taking out infantry even if both obviously contribute to the team. When combined with the Otomatic (on EU tactical servers I need to save up ~2pts to bring it on field) the deck is a very good help to the team as I can both suppress enemy AA units and snipe enemy helicopters/aircrafts with the Otomatic.

East European Armoured: I've been unlucky lately with this deck getting stomped, so the Konkurs-M and Motoschutze 90s have been the most successful units a lot of the time. The Su-25 might be replaced by a Serla as a start unit and I am still not quite convinced by the Moderna. Perhaps I should even start experimenting with an USSR deck instead, my support units will be weaker but they got better main units.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests