Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Adarius
Corporal

Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby Adarius » Fri 17 Mar 2017 15:42

After watching a few video clips of Stealth17 Gaming doing Tactical 10 vs 10 games I got interested and created my own Scandi Support deck centered around the formidable Bkan 1C. A Bkan 1C supported by a FOB, an AA gun and some cheap recon infantry has so far been a solid starting strategy. It does however feel a bit stale as it is mostly about point-click-kill as long as my team is doing well and is unlikely to turn the tide if we are losing.

So I am curious on what people enjoy playing in 10 vs 10 tactical games so that I can expand my options and test out more different decks for the game type. Good decks are of course always appreciated but I am especially interested in decks that make you feel satisfied and engaged in the games.

Adarius
Corporal

Re: Favorite set ups for 10 vs 10 tactical games?

Postby Adarius » Sun 19 Mar 2017 20:52

After some experimenting I now have three decks to share/get advice on.

1. Scandi Support deck (Support obviously).
@HhUBixtwyEk4ZiFTIg1opTlEYI1JmC3ggxJMAxltnjaW21t9jkW29uTaMyUQp+RVScxODTa0J5NzjAy55ufTnE5ttJA=
My first deck and so far the one that I am the most happy with. My aim with a deck is always to be able to play at least three roles and the deck is suitable for artillery support (Bkan1C), general AA (Otomatic, EOTS Hawk and that lovely 40pts radar Hawk) as well as hybrid operations with Otomatics support/infantry with cheap dragoner as well as excellent Fallskermjeger, Stormingenjörer and PVGRB 56. I do however struggle to find the best combat area for the Otomatic as they either get too close or sniped from a distance.

I have also had a collosal failure where I tried a CV90 themed approach with the AMOS, LVKV90 (and Otomatic). But the AMOS turned out to mainly be a logistical burden as it constantly failed to destroy enemy units with its 5 HE mortar. Is it the blast radius that lets it down or is it just me that suck at it?

Scandi infantry deck (mechanized)
@HhkDCxwukZ01ZiVRg24njblEYNyqMGIU9qEk4aHhRgzUmYZqTxtyiMGEcgxDGU2dNtRd031N5Q+EoBNqRVW2tuDbc06ZOljAy6IuejoQ
I went with a mechanized deck as it provide Swedish units with elite CV90s and the rest of the countries with the 5pts M113 which is a very cost efficient. I do however really miss Kustjägare in this deck. I do not feel that I have successfully managed to optimize my utilization of this deck.

East German air supremacy/infantry (marine)
@UlcCymwiEEOeqJ4UHFQjHamRjwQ4+4pRQcUublqVGPFLnqilFkhNDDySHk/LSPEpRZyI0jao2SWIkxpWBEuhMJT6IOiSxKg=
I actually did this by accident as I confused FJB40 for the 35pts variant. But the end result is a deck with FJB-40, Kommandosi and Formoza forming the combat infantry core while East German Mig-29 is the primary ASF, Su-22M4 with the Polish version as backup and Su22M4 and Su22M4 Serla are the major tank killers with Su-7BM as a cheap bomber.

Right now I do not see the point of this as the Airborne deck got better air units.