Returning player, advice?

Str8
Private

Returning player, advice?

Postby Str8 » Mon 10 Apr 2017 03:36

I wanted to get back into wargame a bit i haven't played in like a year and a half or 2. Seeing steel division made me want to play this again lol.

I made 2 decks 1 blufor and 1 redfor and i want some of you armchair generals to give me advice and i want to see if they are any good, maybe im missing something... i also read a few posts to see what was good (meta) because ive been out of the loop for so long... so i made the decks based around that perceived meta. For example the CEV buy, when i played i dont think CEV was ever relevant..

US/Norad- @Ho8CWcRURBymFskHMziIPJTkeovSPWhwG7aCOZMlMAhvhi5EsUxkHyJwicFsZJ6i9EgpHFFllVYV+1oNpqSkkpRG8R3EdpKKCCidgA==

USSR - @QsMBkYQViMIKxDnPShvisSexWJPYJ2UGFAhQGUWE4hOEANAEQBCK9AVhMYSqEqJ10NRDUQSUetHsCaiXkmHKBUHwo+KVYl9AyA==

Adarius
Sergeant

Re: Returning player, advice?

Postby Adarius » Mon 10 Apr 2017 11:06

I am far to much of a noob myself to give solid advice but I find Fausts deck workshops to be pretty good inspiration to get a benchmark on what is good and what is not. Basically I start out from that kind of guides and adjust to my own preferences.

He got two Norad workshops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cod-mQqx12Q&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ_GFfZkHDE&t

Str8
Private

Postby Str8 » Mon 10 Apr 2017 17:19

i just want some analysis of my decks from some people who play the game regularly lol

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Thu 13 Apr 2017 18:44

Str8 wrote:i just want some analysis of my decks from some people who play the game regularly lol

NORAD deck:
LOG: 5 cards is excessive, ditch one CV or the supply helo; also why take the 110 pts cv if you can have the same one for 100 pts, the off-road speed is not enough to be worth the extra cost, either take an armored for 115-120 or take the 100 pointer
INF:
Which role are the Riflemen 90' on Humvees supposed to cover which the other inf squads don't do better? => Ditch them either for Bradleys or get something with a unique role like deltas or highlanders 90'
SUP:
2 cards of pivads which can't hit helos => delete one (or both), get a card of adats and/or chaps
2 cards of mortars => delete the 3 hp mortars
If you're planning to play anything other than 1v1 or 2v2 with this deck then an ATACMs is highly suggested
Replacing the 4 HP of mortars with Paladins and using them at minimum range is often a lot more efficient than a quad stack of mortars I've found
TNK:
Think hard about what the use case of the LEO C2 is supposed to be ... Maybe you'd be a lot better served with the M1IP Abrams. Whatever you're facing which you can't clear with 15 AP, you'll want to be using 20 AP instead anyway. And the +3 FAV is a lot more useful than +2 AP and extra range. 2 Konkurs-M hits kill the LEO C2, or 1 Metys-M hit
REC:
I'd ditch the rangers in the huey, it's slow and dies to a fart, so worthless for early fast insertion. Pick the blackhawk/chinook or go with the M35
Upvetting the Longbow is a weird thing to do ...
VHC:
CEVs are great since the patch long ago which reduced their range from 2.4km to 1km and remove their minimum range. In forests they erase infantry and can survive any single RPG hit
Honorable mention would be the chimera, cheapest 20 AV forest brawler in the game, decent to combo with the cev to clear forests
AIR:
F-15A Eagle => Definitely a lot smarter would be to pick the F-16C Block 52 if you want an ASF
Nighthawk => ever since the LGB rebalance, these do not erase tanks anymore, jfyi

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Thu 13 Apr 2017 18:59

Str8 wrote:i just want some analysis of my decks from some people who play the game regularly lol

USSR Armored deck:

LOG: Nothing to say
INF:
Picking armored deck and then taking 2 cards of Konkurs-M seems extremely strange, are you expecting to have trouble with armored units?
BMP-3's to complement the lack of FSVs and mediocre infantry options in an armored deck is highly recommended. Also a while back during the APC rebalance they've received extra missiles, 5 FAV and made a bit more expensive
Motos 90' on MT-LBV will not see much use, you'll always be attacking with tanks and never entering cities, rather stick with using powerful IFV's like the BMP-1D or BMP-3
SUP:
MT-LB Podnos => vasilek or nona is a much better choice => better yet, buy the MSTA-S and use it close range for faster landing of shells
3 cards of tunguskas => seems excessive, drop 1 tunguska card
BUKs => only 3 long range AA units to protect your tanks for the entire game => take another card of buks or get a card of TORs if you're worried about helos
TNK:
T-62MV-1 => Tanks with ATGMs without STABs are bad and especially when they have low armor =>Any nato high end ATGM will one shot your tanks => Take T-80A's instead
T-80 => Decent forest brawler for 65 pts, high AP and enough armor to survive a TOW-2 missile
REC:
Drop one or both cards of the PT-76B and take the T-55 instead, at least those can keep up with your tanks and survive more than one hit
AIR:
MiG-25RBT => clusters are universally bad
Su-24M => Count how many games you go through when that plane kills as much as it costs, as a rule it doesn't
You're better off with a Su-27M+MiG-25BM combo than those two bombers