CAT B/C games organizing thread + Steam Group (Join Today!)

icehawk308
Major

Re: CAT B/C games organizing thread + Steam Group (Join Toda

Postby icehawk308 » Sun 12 Apr 2015 14:39

& for anyone whod like to know what a 80s 10v10 slugfest looks like here is one of two yesterdays battles

http://alb-replays.info/rdbeta/php/api. ... nload=1308

Massive tank use, SARH clashes over the entire battle line and mass medium artillery barrages with a 50+ Hind charge at the end of the match :mrgreen:

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Sun 12 Apr 2015 15:17

My performance was very, very weak. The ATGM helo spam killed our attack even we advanced to the opening zone of blue side. I have to say in 10 v 10 the unit density maybe is too high. In 2 v 2 or 4 v 4 I have never experience this. Even literally unaimed arty barrages kills or stun any AD therefore helos can act very freely... In normal lobbies you can experience still much higher unit count but on most of maps you have room to manover. I think here Paddy field and 38th paralel. The second is one of the best maps, it has many terrain features and even amphi capability can be used.

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Mon 13 Apr 2015 18:09

molnibalage wrote:My performance was very, very weak. The ATGM helo spam killed our attack even we advanced to the opening zone of blue side. I have to say in 10 v 10 the unit density maybe is too high. In 2 v 2 or 4 v 4 I have never experience this. Even literally unaimed arty barrages kills or stun any AD therefore helos can act very freely... In normal lobbies you can experience still much higher unit count but on most of maps you have room to manover. I think here Paddy field and 38th paralel. The second is one of the best maps, it has many terrain features and even amphi capability can be used.

Ive since lowered Asguard 80 to normal income and 85 to high (was high/very high respectively) I think that should have a good effect on realistic 10v10 WW3 (representing a heavy clash of forces) while still allowing for tactical flexibility. Still was quite the battle

Im personally a big fan of 10v10 as I feel they represent the best battalion/ division like feel of a major war. Cat B/C seems to remove the super weapons from the equation allowing for much fairer clash where even inexperienced players can hold their own. Funny enough RD got me to update my laptop to an Alienware just so I could handle the 10v10 clashes :mrgreen:

Angus
Private

Postby Angus » Fri 1 May 2015 23:08

I'd like to join your old school war stylings.

Steam: __pumpkinking__
WgRd: Angus

Best Time: UTC-10 1800-2000 or anytime on the weekend

molnibalage
General

Re: CAT B/C games organizing thread + Steam Group (Join Today!)

Postby molnibalage » Sat 16 May 2015 17:44

Anybody? When? I was able to play a 4v4 but sides were very unbalanced regardless what I did we did not have chance...

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 12 Aug 2015 22:37

Anybody at weekend?

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Thu 13 Aug 2015 07:34

I down to play. :) love me some era, maybe only play one or two ever few weeks. Really is a treat.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 27 Aug 2015 15:26

In the latest day I was able to play a 10 v 10 B cat. Sadly it was noobs vs pro, but it would be great instead waiting long time in 10 v 10 some player willing to go player created lobbies. In 10 v 10 coordinated team vs noobs the spammed red HE rocket arty simply kills the gameplay... In general lobbies you cannot do this.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Tue 29 Sep 2015 22:29

I think I've made a mistake having this moved here.. it's just lost and not a soul comes through here.. if any mods even remember this sub section and see this.. maybe we can promote this section on the main RD section or maybe as a favor just move this back to a sticky over there? I've been on quite the Hiatus, but wanna get back into it.. see if we can get some good games but IMO, no one will ever even see this thread being over here :/
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

cheer up
Warrant Officer

Postby cheer up » Wed 30 Sep 2015 01:44

StalkerDellaNote wrote:I think I've made a mistake having this moved here.. it's just lost and not a soul comes through here.. if any mods even remember this sub section and see this.. maybe we can promote this section on the main RD section or maybe as a favor just move this back to a sticky over there? I've been on quite the Hiatus, but wanna get back into it.. see if we can get some good games but IMO, no one will ever even see this thread being over here :/

i think your best bet is to just use the steam group to try to snag people for a game with the announcement system. give moderator to a bunch of people who are semi-active, you know? Advertise the group in a lot of places, too. It sounds fun