CAT B/C games organizing thread + Steam Group (Join Today!)

molnibalage
General

Re: CAT B/C games organizing thread + Steam Group (Join Today!)

Postby molnibalage » Fri 19 Feb 2016 09:53

steppewolf wrote:I played yesterday a minor nations game, very fun. But when I set a 4 vs 4 with 85s decks nobody show up. I can try to set up such matches whenever I am online but I can give hours, my schedule is hectic...probably only next week-end (6N take a break too so more time :P )

To me mosly weekdays are suitable now.

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Fri 19 Feb 2016 11:16

molnibalage wrote:
steppewolf wrote:I played yesterday a minor nations game, very fun. But when I set a 4 vs 4 with 85s decks nobody show up. I can try to set up such matches whenever I am online but I can give hours, my schedule is hectic...probably only next week-end (6N take a break too so more time :P )

Actually "can't give hours" not "can" during weekdays.

Tonight at 8:00 PM Paris timezone I'll be online organizing Cat B decks 3vs3 or 4vs4, depending on how many will join. Name of game will be CAT B decks (obviously).

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 19 Feb 2016 11:21

steppewolf wrote:
molnibalage wrote:

Actually "can't give hours" not "can" during weekdays.

Tonight at 8:00 PM Paris timezone I'll be online organizing Cat B decks 3vs3 or 4vs4, depending on how many will join. Name of game will be CAT B decks (obviously).

Is not good to me.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 25 Mar 2016 00:18

At weekend anybody? Yesterday I was able to play TWO games in ROW and even one had "only national" setting and I had only 3 min to make a deck but was a very fun game. Was my best gameplay experience since months in RD.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 28 Mar 2016 11:07

Yesterday I was able to play a B cat only minor game. Regardless were two leavers in 3 v 3 it was one of the most refresing WG RD experience ever. I recommend to try everybody, it is totally different from partially boring A cat games.

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Thu 5 May 2016 02:05

Oh fully agreed -80 or 85 timeframe is a real joy - shame most pub players just focus on stat maxed units ignoring the fact the other side is doing the same :roll:

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 5 May 2016 14:52

icehawk308 wrote:Oh fully agreed -80 or 85 timeframe is a real joy - shame most pub players just focus on stat maxed units ignoring the fact the other side is doing the same :roll:

There is one more ways to make more fun the game. Do not allow anyting which cost higher than 60-65CP even in era games except AC. Set high income and enjoy the scale of the battle. I tried only in skirmish with AI and was amazing to see the scale of the game in this case.

(Of course this may lead to balance issues but it is worth to try. Because of limiting the qty. of good tanks ATGM units become more viable.)

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Sat 7 May 2016 18:09

molnibalage wrote:
icehawk308 wrote:Oh fully agreed -80 or 85 timeframe is a real joy - shame most pub players just focus on stat maxed units ignoring the fact the other side is doing the same :roll:

There is one more ways to make more fun the game. Do not allow anyting which cost higher than 60-65CP even in era games except AC. Set high income and enjoy the scale of the battle. I tried only in skirmish with AI and was amazing to see the scale of the game in this case.

(Of course this may lead to balance issues but it is worth to try. Because of limiting the qty. of good tanks ATGM units become more viable.)

Check this out Asguard 10v10 game replay on high income, it was a micromanagement nightmare but some glorious fun - plenty of players had to drop out due to CPU unable to keep up with ammount of units :mrgreen:

icehawk308 wrote:& for anyone whod like to know what a 80s 10v10 slugfest looks like here is one of two yesterdays battles

http://alb-replays.info/rdbeta/php/api. ... nload=1308

Massive tank use, SARH clashes over the entire battle line and mass medium artillery barrages with a 50+ Hind charge at the end of the match :mrgreen:

edit: replay can be found here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/508 ... merpl2.zip

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Thu 1 Sep 2016 15:37

I'm back online for one week after few months of pause and I must say it's awesome that there are now servers with 80s games, I had few very enjoyable last evening...would be good to be some 85 games as well on big servers.