Little Community Contest - New maps

Razzmann
General

Re: Little Community Contest - New maps

Postby Razzmann » Wed 10 Jun 2015 22:45

Any chance we get those remade maps? Now that AoA is postponed? Or do we get them at all?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 11 Jun 2015 10:37

Razzmann wrote:Any chance we get those remade maps? Now that AoA is postponed? Or do we get them at all?

Tons of time said Eugen a big no...

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 11 Jun 2015 12:44

molnibalage wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Any chance we get those remade maps? Now that AoA is postponed? Or do we get them at all?

As far as I know, that was about completely new maps. But these are the same maps with new zone layouts.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 11 Jun 2015 14:16

Razzmann wrote:
molnibalage wrote:

As far as I know, that was about completely new maps. But these are the same maps with new zone layouts.

Eugen said any map should be created from 0. So the only works what you spare is the design of map, but the work hour of doing the modeling is the same as doing a new map...

So I rather wish new maps with similar concept as good ALB maps but I have to say most of ALB maps are way to flat and even in RD are way to many "terrace"...

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 11 Jun 2015 16:21

molnibalage wrote:Eugen said any map should be created from 0. So the only works what you spare is the design of map, but the work hour of doing the modeling is the same as doing a new map...

So I rather wish new maps with similar concept as good ALB maps but I have to say most of ALB maps are way to flat and even in RD are way to many "terrace"...

No. To re-arrange zones, maps DO NOT have to be created from zero. They said that to those who wanted old maps coming back! And getting "new" maps by just re-arranging zones is done relatively easily (they even cahnged some zones with a patch).
Of course I wish new maps as well, but until then they could just copy some maps just with other zone layouts...

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 11 Jun 2015 16:34

Razzmann wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Eugen said any map should be created from 0. So the only works what you spare is the design of map, but the work hour of doing the modeling is the same as doing a new map...

No. To re-arrange zones, maps DO NOT have to be created from zero. They said that to those who wanted old maps coming back! And getting "new" maps by just re-arranging zones is done relatively easily (they even cahnged some zones with a patch).
Of course I wish new maps as well, but until then they could just copy some maps just with other zone layouts...

Yes, we asked new maps with rotated state and new zones, we did not get even this...

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 11 Jun 2015 16:37

molnibalage wrote:Yes, we asked new maps with rotated state and new zones, we did not get even this...

Exactly. And we did not just ask, Eugen (or FLX to be precise) even chose a WINNER! And we still did not get the "new" maps...

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Tue 30 Jun 2015 08:03

Eugen Systems (and especially FLX) was really interested to realize it, but the anti-cheating measures in the past robbed the time for it. So they couldn't realize it. I think they are still interested in this, so let's say the the actually status is "postponed indefinitely" ;)

I still hope we will see some "new"/changed maps in Wargame:RD ... :roll:

FLX
Major-General

Postby FLX » Thu 9 Jul 2015 13:44

bump, if some people have other propositions I'm always listening of course ;)
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

Darkmil
Colonel

Postby Darkmil » Thu 9 Jul 2015 14:01

Not really an idea of map design. But I'd really love to see a Europan themed map... (if you don't have the will or the assets in the game to make one, I'll live with it but i'd really love to see that)