Little Community Contest - New maps

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Little Community Contest - New maps

Postby another505 » Thu 9 Jul 2015 17:22

FLX wrote:So here we go, by alphabetic order of the submitter :

another505, 38th Parallel rotated 90° :
The rotation is a good idea, in the original version both sides have a good opportunity to cross the river at the beginning of the game but if both teams fail to take a foothold on the other bank the game is rapidly blocked.
Your zone placement in the middle is interesting and create a frontline but I think you don't push the concept far enough. The zones in the back are not very useful, why not removing them and split the frontline in 4 or 5 pairs of sectors instead of 3 ?
Good proposition.

You could remove the back zone, or they could be reinforcement zones like D DAY so it wont take forever for stuffs to get in front line
I do not think making more sectors in the middle is needed, the idea is the zone to be BIG so it can be fluid and less CV sniping which is one of the cheesiest thing ingame for conquest.

And since 4v4 is the max player size, I think 3 sectors are enough, 2 players in the middle, each on one side of the river.

And I already try to make sure each side are balance with cover like forest and buildings. Further dividing them might not be a good idea
Of Salt

realfakealex
Lieutenant

Postby realfakealex » Thu 9 Jul 2015 21:54

FLX wrote:bump, if some people have other propositions I'm always listening of course ;)

I may have a few for you soonTM!

nrader
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby nrader » Fri 10 Jul 2015 12:26

FLX wrote:*Many nice concepts of alt. maps*

Yeah, LulzReich's concepts are good, but in addition to them some other will be nice to see, too:
nomeanseyes, Tough Jungle rotated 90° :
Yes there is plenty of room in this map to make an alternative version, the two central industrial complexes make a good center to make various central symmetric designs.

Solo, Back to Inchon 1v1 :
The 3 sectors between the spawns are interesting but I have my doubts concerning the two sectors on the left, the one with the city will certainly be easier to defend.
I have made a test similar to what RangerPL proposes on the other topic ( http://i.imgur.com/amIaQDe.jpg )and it works surprisingly well so I would certainly go for an alternate 3v3 version rotated 90° for this map.

Also you can remake Apocalipse map by turning it 90°, just like 38th paralell. Maybe even give to 1 side naval spawn - ships will be unusable(due to deep water only at the corner of map) thus not affect gameplay, but naval aircraft + boats + ground units in transports. Also give other side some other benefits.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 10 Jul 2015 21:57

nrader
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby nrader » Sat 11 Jul 2015 17:43

nrader wrote:Also you can remake Apocalipse map by turning it 90°, just like 38th paralell. Maybe even give to 1 side naval spawn - ships will be unusable(due to deep water only at the corner of map) thus not affect gameplay, but naval aircraft + boats + ground units in transports. Also give other side some other benefits.

That's how i see this:
Spoiler : :
1) only blue spawn team have access to naval tab.
2) while both red spawn zones are ground+air, the right blue zone is ground-only, and the left blue are airspawn+naval
3) Central zones is favored to blue because rivers thus boats and naval-deployed units can be used here.
4) Left side is easier for reds - blue team have problems with using the units that are not naval nor combat\transport helicopters (ground spawn located in other part of the map, though players can buy ground units at left spawn zone at the start).

full-size image

realfakealex
Lieutenant

Postby realfakealex » Wed 15 Jul 2015 02:17

Bloody Ridge
Air spawns only at C&D

38th

P. Valley

Lonfield
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Lonfield » Fri 17 Jul 2015 14:58

Are any of theese efforts going to see the light?. I mean, i've seen quite good ideas.
Bans Bans Bans and Lock Lock Lock!!
Screaming for a better game since 2012

MenDuck
Major

Postby MenDuck » Fri 17 Jul 2015 17:23

Lonfield wrote:Are any of theese efforts going to see the light?. I mean, i've seen quite good ideas.

Ahem.
[...] (Maps) will come in two kinds: alternate versions of existing maps, with a different level design (orientation, zones, …) and brand new ones. It is the latter ones which are of interest here, proposals for the former ones will be discussed later.

Lonfield
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Lonfield » Sat 18 Jul 2015 15:54

Well, this topic has months, a lot of them, on its back and it's still nothing new said, if i'm right.
Bans Bans Bans and Lock Lock Lock!!
Screaming for a better game since 2012

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 19 Jul 2015 02:57

FLX wrote:Making some 1v1 maps out of the bigger maps as alternate version is easy to do and I would like to make at least 2 to replace Wonsan and Strait in the ranked pool. As usual propositions never get ignored ;)

http://i.imgur.com/jyhwhlh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DgcDvY3.jpg