Stealth Kodiak WTF

Opticalx
Sergeant Major

Re: Stealth Kodiak WTF

Postby Opticalx » Wed 27 Apr 2016 17:08

Predatorrrr wrote:So for everyone saying this is NOT an issue: Have you ever played against someone who did this after 4 minutes into the game next to your HQ? I do not think you have. Sentinel Turrets should not be able to take down an HQ within 1 minute. And a Kodiak should not stay stealthed while it is building.

If you are a self-proclaimed "super pro" and rush after 1 minute you are fine. If you would like to build a second ref first (and dont keep 4 javelins next to your HQ) - like 98% of the players do - you are not.

Pred, surely you don't loose to it? every faction has a way of crippling eachother. And that strat is almost an all in, since your main base is left for dust.
Youtube - Opticalx

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Postby admiralzeech » Thu 28 Apr 2016 09:37

Not that I care either way about this, but when evaluating a proposal for change I find it useful to imagine if it was like that from the beginning, would anyone complain and suggest to change it to the current state?

So in this case, lets say kodiaks uncloak when building since day 1, and someone complains, "kodiak stealth sucks, they need to keep stealth on so I can rush US in defcon 3 and build turrets in his base!", would you support this poster or be against him?

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 28 Apr 2016 09:49

I hope Eugene takes this seriously and fixes it. Game does not needs random tactics that noobs have no chance to stop and will only feel they are unfair.

I roll my eyes when noobs complain they got rushed by tanks or infantry but this tactic is just stupid.

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Postby atdsutm » Thu 28 Apr 2016 13:04

We need more replays and videos please!!!!

Walker
Corporal

Postby Walker » Thu 28 Apr 2016 13:50

atdsutm wrote:We need more replays and videos please!!!!

Why do we need replays? It is a fact that Kodiaks do no decloak while they are building something.

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Thu 28 Apr 2016 15:04

admiralzeech wrote:Not that I care either way about this, but when evaluating a proposal for change I find it useful to imagine if it was like that from the beginning, would anyone complain and suggest to change it to the current state?

So in this case, lets say kodiaks uncloak when building since day 1, and someone complains, "kodiak stealth sucks, they need to keep stealth on so I can rush US in defcon 3 and build turrets in his base!", would you support this poster or be against him?

The problem is not exactly that it builds while being stealth, but rather that it cannot be countered in early game. In the old AoA this tech needed SWORD protocole to make the lab. At this time of the game any faction could have anti stealth so it was pretty normal. Now that this tech is given for free at the beginning, there are 2 solutions : either need SWORD/SHIELD or uncloak. Now, granted the fact that construction units are very costly, it is better to make it an early possibility BUT uncloak so it's not broken for the USA.

dotDash
Sergeant

Postby dotDash » Fri 29 Apr 2016 10:19

Predatorrrr wrote:So for everyone saying this is NOT an issue: Have you ever played against someone who did this after 4 minutes into the game next to your HQ? I do not think you have. Sentinel Turrets should not be able to take down an HQ within 1 minute. And a Kodiak should not stay stealthed while it is building.

If you are a self-proclaimed "super pro" and rush after 1 minute you are fine. If you would like to build a second ref first (and dont keep 4 javelins next to your HQ) - like 98% of the players do - you are not.

Isnt it pretty easy to scout considering what they have to get? I think it shouldnt be too much of a problem to figure out... but then again, I do think its terrible game-design that US do not have any other stealth detection unit to replace the recon team in defcon3.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Fri 29 Apr 2016 10:34

All is OK now guys. Nothing too see here, not even for the newly added USA tower near HQ :D :D

Gnougnou
Sergeant Major

Postby Gnougnou » Fri 29 Apr 2016 13:28

torinus wrote:All is OK now guys. Nothing too see here, not even for the newly added USA tower near HQ :D :D

Ahaha so much sarcasm :lol: I thought of that too with the new patch. Glad USA bunkers can shoot at buildings ! :lol: :lol:

lincrono
First Sergeant

Postby lincrono » Tue 3 May 2016 15:31

Gnougnou wrote:
torinus wrote:All is OK now guys. Nothing too see here, not even for the newly added USA tower near HQ :D :D

Ahaha so much sarcasm :lol: I thought of that too with the new patch. Glad USA bunkers can shoot at buildings ! :lol: :lol:

Well I'd expect most buildings to get some water dmg after being pissed at long enough . . . right?