[AoA Reboot] Patch v.430 (Sandbag fix)

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

[AoA Reboot] Patch v.430 (Sandbag fix)

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 7 Jul 2016 15:40

This patch fixes the sandbag bug: when one researched Stinger Block 2 in the Armory, Sandbag turrets couldn't be produced anymore.

With this patch, the saves from the previous versions won't work anymore, for they were saved with the bug.

We are still investigating the matter of the desynchronization some people are still encountering.
Any help which could be provided by sending us several (different) replays from a same desynched game are very welcome.

Opticalx
Sergeant Major

Re: [AoA Reboot] Patch v.430 (Sandbag fix)

Postby Opticalx » Thu 7 Jul 2016 17:07

Any game play features or improvements in the pipe line? When I see a patch I get a little bit giddy, but when its a bugfix I get sad again :(
Youtube - Opticalx

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Fri 8 Jul 2016 01:10

Thanks for the patch. :)

Opticalx wrote:Any game play features or improvements in the pipe line?

Yep, would like to know as well.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Fri 8 Jul 2016 02:22

[EUG]MadMat wrote:This patch fixes the sandbag bug: when one researched Stinger Block 2 in the Armory, Sandbag turrets couldn't be produced anymore.

With this patch, the saves from the previous versions won't work anymore, for they were saved with the bug.

We are still investigating the matter of the desynchronization some people are still encountering.
Any help which could be provided by sending us several (different) replays from a same desynched game are very welcome.

Matt, can you ask the team what kind of fanart drawing may make them feel motivated to add some new features to the game? :mrgreen:

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Fri 8 Jul 2016 11:17

Opticalx wrote:Any game play features or improvements in the pipe line? When I see a patch I get a little bit giddy, but when its a bugfix I get sad again :(

I am still waiting for fixes to building units from multiple selected buildings and a fix to pathfinding of builder units that still get stuck on stuff and never build what you tell them.

NFL17coins
Private

Postby NFL17coins » Thu 4 Aug 2016 10:44

Look complicated, don't quite understand.

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Thu 4 Aug 2016 15:39

Let's give examples to illustrate :

- When you select multiple buildings, let's say 2 or 3 US Barracks and spam too quickly a production button, by clicking in the production panel or with the keyboard shortcut, the different factories don't share the work correctly. There's often a little latency between each order, so if you click too quickly, the first factory will take several production orders, the same for the second, etc. The game doesn't have the time to distribute 1 production order for each factory, the equal way. Because of that, it's sometimes difficult to create equal production cycles. If you order the units more slowly, it works well though. The problem is this little latency linked to the distribution of the successive orders. And the fact that we can't see the fulfilling of the production queues, per factory, when multiple buildings are selected. Some little slots (empty/filled) under each factory icon could perfectly do the trick if implemented in the center UI bar 8-)

- For the construction unit, also happened several times when building bases, but this is not systematic. If you create parallel "lines" of buildings, and separate them with only 1 "grid square", the builder sometimes gets stuck between them, and can't construct anymore. Annoying when you've planned several construction orders with the shift button. A safe solution is to let at least 2 "grid squares" between your lines of buildings ;)
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 9 Aug 2016 11:16

Game is full of such little lacks of polish, it is one of the main reasons it failed. When people can play F2P RTS like game that has 10x more polish why does anyone expect they would play AoA?

xiashi
Private

Postby xiashi » Sun 21 Aug 2016 19:29

No new cards! Make new maps, and even better map editor! The game is dying ...