Eugen u want to earn (more) money with that game? Read this.

acanais72
Private

Re: Eugen u want to earn (more) money with that game? Read this.

Postby acanais72 » Thu 29 Jun 2017 10:24

Gnougnou wrote:Add-ons won't save the game. The whole reboot thing was a stupid idea. People now have an idea of what this game is and it probably won't change with a DLC. They have to make a whole new game with new title/forum/website in order to rebirth the game. This game was poorly designed on a few important points that have already been discussed many times. For me :

1) Poorly macro/micro design : huge armies in lines on roads assurances deces (no front lines). Imagine a game like Supreme Commander with roads, that would be stupid af. The same thing apply there.

2) Game not able to handle macro things : many 4v4 games went into desynch, many players are lagging like hell, causing the whole match to be unplayable.

3) No IN-GAME (mandatory) tutorial to save a few players. Many players had no idea how to play the game, and are too stupid to check videos online.. This has been asked by the community, but apparently a whole reboot is less expensive :lol:

4) Poorly copy/paste of Act Of War has an emergency reboot leading the game into abyss : removal of everything that made that game really good, with macro maps and micro economy. Basically an Act Of War with huge maps, which doesn't make any sense.

Well it seems that this game strongly creates tension between the players. Why would not we organize a small meeting to find out all this?

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Fri 30 Jun 2017 17:43

Actually, Guardian Rift is a big issue. It makes people play badly. The game is not designed for big fights with a lot of units, it just lags and frustrates players even more. Give me one hour with the developers and I can give them the full list of issues, after 2500 hours in the game I got quite a long list.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sat 1 Jul 2017 07:07

Really? How did you manage 2500 hours on this game? I only got up 234 hours.

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Holy_crap » Sun 2 Jul 2017 02:02

Predatorrrr wrote:Actually, Guardian Rift is a big issue. It makes people play badly. The game is not designed for big fights with a lot of units, it just lags and frustrates players even more. Give me one hour with the developers and I can give them the full list of issues, after 2500 hours in the game I got quite a long list.

maybe 500 hours? 250 hours? I have had RUSE for 6 years and only have 2500 hours on it. Do you sit in the menu 90% of the time?
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Mon 3 Jul 2017 03:13

Its "only" 1500 playing hours, actutally. Ingame hours. With menu its more than 5000 hours. I looked it up.

Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Holy_crap » Tue 4 Jul 2017 21:11

Predatorrrr wrote:Its "only" 1500 playing hours, actutally. Ingame hours. With menu its more than 5000 hours. I looked it up.

Link your steam profile.
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

Opticalx
Sergeant Major

Postby Opticalx » Fri 7 Jul 2017 06:08

Sometimes its just better to move on...
Youtube - Opticalx

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Mon 10 Jul 2017 13:56

It was quite clear to me that this game would be dead on arrival.. It tried to appeal to the type of people who liked C&C generals and AoW without living up to those games.

Units did not have unique abilities or handle particularly differently such that combat becomes an interesting micro-battle where good use of abilities makes the difference. The units just weren't particularly fun to use.

It was obvious early on that all the gameplay here eventually boils down to: Blob vs blob.
You get a big blob of units and you fight the other big blob of units and whoever has the biggest blob of the best units wins. Thats not how act of war played where it was all about smart usage of quite few units really. Where high lethality on units made it so ambushes were effective (including the 2x ambush multiplier) and a small force could eliminate a larger one.

Units had interesting abilities, there were the GUOS drones you could deploy as drones. There were the per-unit upgrades for various units. There were the BTR-80 which could not win against a stryker head on but could drive circles around it faster than the turret could turn if it got the drop on it. And there were interesting build orders to pull off which accounted for the rest of the depth. (Fly the builder over to enemy oil expansion and build a derrick to deny it? Then booby trap it so you can blow it up after he has built tankers? Rush an enemy with a bomb truck? Sell HQ and build merc HQ which you use to capture the bank against a TFT player which would normally win the infantry fight and go for banks?)

Stuff like that just seemed strangely absent from this game. So it didn't please the AoW crowd, it didn't please the Wargame crowd, it didn't please the Generals crowd... So...
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :