New RTS game please!

ELITE
Corporal

Re: New RTS game please!

Postby ELITE » Wed 14 Dec 2016 19:12

Wargame sucks totally!

Very slow, boring and long gameplay....!

Nothing will be better than Act of War High Treason!

not AOA, not CNC, not low Wargame

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Fri 6 Jan 2017 13:53

D-M wrote:I 'm pretty sure they are going to do something like wargame, well not exactly like wargame (I guess they have had enough of wargames for some times) but something close enough to stand upon the franchise's popularity.

I guess we 'll know soon enough anyway.

You mean something like RUSE?

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 6 Jan 2017 15:11

Nah, RUSE is history now.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Fri 6 Jan 2017 19:19

DiabloTigerSix wrote:
D-M wrote:I 'm pretty sure they are going to do something like wargame, well not exactly like wargame (I guess they have had enough of wargames for some times) but something close enough to stand upon the franchise's popularity.

I guess we 'll know soon enough anyway.

You mean something like RUSE?

WW2 strategy games are the bane of existence, we already have more than enough on the other hand there haven't been any 20-minutes-into-the-future military scifi.

And EA still haven't come with the brilliant idea of remastering Generals.

pils
Sergeant

Postby pils » Mon 9 Jan 2017 00:11

Falcrack wrote:They just need to make a game called "Wargame 4" and millions will buy it.

Only if it's like Wargame.

pils
Sergeant

Postby pils » Mon 9 Jan 2017 00:26

McNash wrote:On the other hand, they may have to disguise themselves as other company, since wargame fanboys may purposely attack anything non-wargame they created for the sake of forcing them to keep making more DLCs and stuff.

" ... forcing them to keep making more DLCs and stuff."

Lmao, what a load of horse shit.
Eugen is a company. They can only exist if customers buy their product.

They realized there is still a large Wargame player base (e.g. much larger than the AoA player base ... obviously) and figured it might be profitable to make and sell a DLC for Wargame RD.
Well, it worked out and they made profit with the first DLC. So they kept going. Logically.

People didn't like AoA, but many people like Wargame. That's just the way it is. Get over it.

(In fact Eugen was probably tasked by their publisher to make AoA instead of Wargame 4 [or as you would say: forced]. Which turned out to be a mistake.)

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Mon 9 Jan 2017 02:37

pils wrote:
McNash wrote:On the other hand, they may have to disguise themselves as other company, since wargame fanboys may purposely attack anything non-wargame they created for the sake of forcing them to keep making more DLCs and stuff.

" ... forcing them to keep making more DLCs and stuff."

Lmao, what a load of horse shit.
Eugen is a company. They can only exist if customers buy their product.

They realized there is still a large Wargame player base (e.g. much larger than the AoA player base ... obviously) and figured it might be profitable to make and sell a DLC for Wargame RD.
Well, it worked out and they made profit with the first DLC. So they kept going. Logically.

People didn't like AoA, but many people like Wargame. That's just the way it is. Get over it.

(In fact Eugen was probably tasked by their publisher to make AoA instead of Wargame 4 [or as you would say: forced]. Which turned out to be a mistake.)

Oh, thanks, thanks a lot keep proving my point!

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Mon 9 Jan 2017 13:53

D-M wrote:I guess we 'll know soon enough anyway.

Hopefully - because after their first announcement on the Eugen Systems Website (We are currently working on two top-secret projects (shhhhhhhh!).) a long time nothing happened! :roll:

General Mig
Sergeant Major

Postby General Mig » Mon 9 Jan 2017 15:14

what do you mean?

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Mon 9 Jan 2017 15:23

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:Hopefully - because after their first announcement on the Eugen Systems Website (We are currently working on two top-secret projects (shhhhhhhh!).) a long time nothing happened! :roll:

Sooo many questions in my mind :twisted:

I guess one of the most important would be to know whether your comment is RighT on the topic Subject, oR a biT off-Topic :mrgreen:

Spit it out now!
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.