"Maphack" + double-eco howto in FFAs ; warning ; scouting issues ; fairness

tactic
Master Sergeant

"Maphack" + double-eco howto in FFAs ; warning ; scouting issues ; fairness

Postby tactic » Mon 28 Nov 2016 13:49

A win-addicted player, some of those with most xp*, got angry because I changed a lobby to FFA, which leads to a win-chance of 1:7. So he decides to "maphack".
He surrenders, gets full map-vision / can spy, tells his mate everything via Teamspeak and talks manipulative to the other opponents.

http://www.gamereplays.org/actofaggress ... &id=315711 (removed because of "cheat accusation", that says it all)
or see attachment

e.g.:

-At the very beginning pinks humvee is driving totally freely with "full speed" through the middle, knowing no one garrisoned yet, to the correct spot of the player who left.
-> double-eco -> totally imbalances the starting situation
-> fatal scouting issue of me: I could have noticed that the build on my left comes from a additional spot, and attack there instead right side.

-Pink knew that Orcslayer was totally unprotected from the side and had no phalanx, so he could conquer his admin-centers.

-POWs directly stolen by pink after the attack of DasUngeheuer on n07ear.

-When he saw me moving up my Termis to his far base, where did he know from that I didn't leave a single tank in my base? Someone must have told him.
-> fatal scouting issue of me: I could have helped to see his rolling army (or just leave some units back, but I am aggressive xD).
((btw at that moment watch howto conquer air-bases, (and how not to conquer HQs xD (no its ok))))

-Manipulations, that rescued pink:

-DasUngeheuer in the last seconds decides to return a huge force going for pink and send it to Spanky
-> maybe the spy talking to him +/or scouting issues

-Spanky attacks DasUngeheuer after pink heavily bombarded him
-> maybe the spy talking to him

This "maphack" should be ok regarding rules at all, just because the game allows it, but it's a shame.
It destroys the balance in the match and by that destroys the player-base at all.
(Like the name-changing and teaming+TS of good players in 3v3s bashing all the time at beginning of 2016(I mentioned a few options to eliminate that).)

Be warned all players who wanna have fun, especially in FFAs. Try to figure out whom you are playing vs and if you are ok with a spy. Even if he first plays until he dies, after that, he is a spy.
There are several methods, one is to just look the names up in the outdated aoa-replay-tool site. If the name doesn't exist then it might be one of them.

Try to generate new tricks, I'll keep fighting for fairness and the strong, those who can take losses.

PS:
Don't blame my Chimera-gameplay, I'm discovering Chimera again and I'm trying to have fun with Puma spam, what I don't recommend at all.
Actually I didn't and won't make the effort to upload and comment replays, except sometimes for fairness (I got tons).

*I'm sure its them because of the stats shown at the end and because of typical choice of words/insults (tip: drugs lead to that). (If I'm wrong, then this is an example for other matches.) (Must be a guy who maphacked in C&C.)
Hakime has a good personality at all.
Why the color pink?
Attachments
replay_2016-11-28_02-01-39.rar
(735.36 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Last edited by tactic on Fri 2 Dec 2016 03:28, edited 3 times in total.
Game on!

ELITE
Sergeant

Re: "Maphack" + double-eco howto in FFAs ; warning ; scouting issues ; fairness

Postby ELITE » Thu 1 Dec 2016 17:42

You wanna kidding us?!

THAN DONT PLAY FFA´s!!!!

You will always have mates in Teamspeak in a FFA.

Admins cant handle it.

tactic
Master Sergeant

Postby tactic » Thu 1 Dec 2016 18:36

read again...

(the caps-key is above the strg and shift key)
Game on!

ELITE
Sergeant

Postby ELITE » Fri 2 Dec 2016 15:37

But yes, if 1 guy is defeated, he shouldnt see the whole map!!!

Not in 3v3 not in 2v2 not in FFA!

tactic
Master Sergeant

Postby tactic » Sat 3 Dec 2016 07:27

Regarding the view on the whole map of defeated players in FFAs, it is a possibility to disable it.
Not only revealing information by Teamspeak does occur, furthermore just by private-messaging, what destroys the fairness or starting situation given in every other gametype like 2v2.
But the developers can't and shouldn't disable the view on the whole map, because it would take away a lot of fun, which people have, when watching the ongoing war in that FFA after being defeated.

solution could be:
-disable private AND public chat in FFAs
-don't enable the view on the whole map from the very beginning of the match

-! Fearful tiny little persons who don't dare and who are not able to feel the greatness of going alone into a FFA-war vs seven others, should just go play teamgames.
Game on!

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Wed 7 Dec 2016 09:02

ELITE wrote:But yes, if 1 guy is defeated, he shouldnt see the whole map!!!

Not in 3v3 not in 2v2 not in FFA!

That's what replays are for, if you want too stay and watch a FFA you won't see how it ends unless you let the game finish. Currently but I think that was part of the Charm of FFA and the limitations of a Spectator mode, too well spectators.
FFA literally was the fondest part of AoA for me.