Is anything actually going on with this game?

User avatar
Holy_crap
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri 26 Oct 2012 21:25
Location: Putsie Capital Planet
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby Holy_crap » Tue 24 Jan 2017 06:46

Is anything actually going on with this game?

No
Leader of the glorious Putsie Federation. Saucer 1st Class.
Image
Steam - Tactical Tile Placement

User avatar
KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue 14 Feb 2012 10:15
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Wed 25 Jan 2017 12:12

It is just a question of time, how much longer, the people want to wait (and pay) for a next computer game, and how long they can stick with the old stuff.

In my Point of view, we are missing 5-6 un-done strategy games, that I would have buyed:
A next Age of Empires, a C&C of course, something happening about starcraft (not my favourite), a Wargame 4 is already neccessary, with a LOT more campaigns, more naval, short: more content, the players have far more more than just enough work for eugens, you should consider that on the playerside),
and nearby an imaginary C&C sequel, a well-made Act of War/Act of Aggression could also survive, if Europe was not in such a Crysis, and that work could be paid.

I have also Problems on my side with too less games out there, and I so I have to go back to old titles, and hence, the games get a deeper view, and always still deeper, and you find more and more out about them, but it never ends, that you find new and useful tactics (and stuff), that you might try in wargame.
So, imagine, there were much more computer games out there, and it is not usual, that they are missing.
Something needs to happen.
AoA Strategy Guide "The General and the Detailed"
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=54280#p854568
Update on 5.02.2017: New old faction overviews published!

AoA-Replays with me: http://tinyurl.com/gkrzl4y

User avatar
McNash
Lieutenant
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun 15 Apr 2012 18:06
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby McNash » Fri 27 Jan 2017 04:57

KampfKeksKrieger wrote:It is just a question of time, how much longer, the people want to wait (and pay) for a next computer game, and how long they can stick with the old stuff.

In my Point of view, we are missing 5-6 un-done strategy games, that I would have buyed:
A next Age of Empires, a C&C of course, something happening about starcraft (not my favourite), a Wargame 4 is already neccessary, with a LOT more campaigns, more naval, short: more content, the players have far more more than just enough work for eugens, you should consider that on the playerside),
and nearby an imaginary C&C sequel, a well-made Act of War/Act of Aggression could also survive, if Europe was not in such a Crysis, and that work could be paid.

I have also Problems on my side with too less games out there, and I so I have to go back to old titles, and hence, the games get a deeper view, and always still deeper, and you find more and more out about them, but it never ends, that you find new and useful tactics (and stuff), that you might try in wargame.
So, imagine, there were much more computer games out there, and it is not usual, that they are missing.
Something needs to happen.


Amusingly enough the downfall of AoA was in Eugen trying too hard to make the game economy not classic-era C&C like, do you remember how in the C&C games from Red Alert 2 to Kane's Wrath you could actually build an actually decent sized army with just a couple of miner/harvesters? What is worst is that now AoA has Wargame fans who at every turn want to turn this game into more Wargame-like, which of course is the total opposite of what Eugen and other fans wanted, to make it short I want this:



And I think, it would be... quite interesting for me to have a chance to visit on my own accord those who destroyed that age.
Image

User avatar
KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue 14 Feb 2012 10:15
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Wed 1 Feb 2017 22:24

McNash wrote:Amusingly enough the downfall of AoA was in Eugen trying too hard to make the game economy not classic-era C&C lik


To be honest, really honest, I dont understand why the people have a problem with exactly the economics of AoA, if they play Age of empires all over the world, and there are MANY strategy games with more ressources that are popular.
I can of course understand if it is too difficult, and I take all the things said into account, but I made a few observations the last months:

One could think of Anno, Settlers (okay that is no C&C, this is the opposite, but Age of empires is not too far away from the point of economic system), or...

Now I made a step on Galciv 3 the last days, which ALSO has more different resources, and it has a halfway decent player base (only a bit less than Wargame actually, maybe 50%-80% of WRD, which is at least comfortable for online games.
http://steamcharts.com/app/226860

So having a Money-C&C I love that, that is one side, but in my opinion, the AoA resource system can only be a minor problem, which is in my opinion not the reason why AoA has not more players.
I rather think that they asked for 'more content in a game' in general, a softer way into the game maybe and they have collected exectations from Eugens older games, especially from AoW (where is this GREAT campaign with video by the install process already(!)), why is this not on wargame, but even more why not on AoA, if it shall excuse or make a alternative for a missing C&C sequel (which is living from the story from the videos).
And then the usual inconsistency with balance/bugs, I find that minor, you can see that in C&C you also had no real balance of units, you just build the biggest tanks and as many as you can (until generals ofc. we all wait for that next part still).
In Age of empires, you also have not a real difference between cavalry and infantry, its a soft difference, but they have similar strength. So why is it a so hard criterium for players in wargame and AoA?
AoA Strategy Guide "The General and the Detailed"
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=54280#p854568
Update on 5.02.2017: New old faction overviews published!

AoA-Replays with me: http://tinyurl.com/gkrzl4y

User avatar
[DAY]Topspin2005
General
Posts: 5074
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 15:13
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Thu 2 Feb 2017 10:54

For me there were too much spams in the game. If you played once Wargame (and hate spams), there was no point to play AoA ...

User avatar
chykka
Brigadier
Posts: 3239
Joined: Wed 28 Nov 2012 14:55
Location: Canada, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby chykka » Thu 2 Feb 2017 15:55

There arn't many Caster units, with Special abilities than can counter the spamming and big balls or F35 trains without matching it or taking out buildings with Super weapons. Commanche is kind of like one with it's long reload time
Image

User avatar
Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu 23 Jul 2015 22:57
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby Megiddo » Thu 2 Feb 2017 16:23

Spamming could be greatly reduced with higher prices and better HP levels for all units. Besides, it could certainly enhance the combat gameplay and its depth.
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

Walker
Corporal
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun 3 Apr 2016 09:30
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby Walker » Fri 3 Feb 2017 10:11

I don't see a general problem with spammers. The lack is to have no scout unit for that (or most of the players do not open with such a unit like a humvee).

If enemies want to spam termis your scout units will show you he has 1-2 sword factories and you build stryker atmg and or many javs (both with nlos upgrade) as a counter (f.e.).

If enemies want to spam tigre, your scout units will show you he has 1-2 heli pads and you buld blazzers f.e.

Thats the kind, how RTS games work! :D

torinus
Lieutenant
Posts: 1239
Joined: Fri 15 May 2015 22:39
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby torinus » Fri 3 Feb 2017 11:35

Walker wrote:I don't see a general problem with spammers. The lack is to have no scout unit for that (or most of the players do not open with such a unit like a humvee).

If enemies want to spam termis your scout units will show you he has 1-2 sword factories and you build stryker atmg and or many javs (both with nlos upgrade) as a counter (f.e.).

If enemies want to spam tigre, your scout units will show you he has 1-2 heli pads and you buld blazzers f.e.

Thats the kind, how RTS games work! :D

The problem is that every game ends like that, especially on 2v2 or bigger teams.

User avatar
KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue 14 Feb 2012 10:15
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Fri 3 Feb 2017 11:43

Walker wrote:I don't see a general problem with spammers. The lack is to have no scout unit for that (or most of the players do not open with such a unit like a humvee).

If enemies want to spam termis your scout units will show you he has 1-2 sword factories and you build stryker atmg and or many javs (both with nlos upgrade) as a counter (f.e.).

If enemies want to spam tigre, your scout units will show you he has 1-2 heli pads and you buld blazzers f.e.

Thats the kind, how RTS games work! :D


Exactly!
So much of that!

I can understand if those differences between 2 players are too strong, go away because of the wrong players, yes.
If beginners dont understand the metagame between scouting and rushing, then we have to give them a soft tool at the hand, maybe tell them in the warm breeze: 'you have to be aggressive - also in scouting (the game title tells you :lol: )'.
And I also understand if this is too much for players, as for me, I am sometimes just too lazy to play 'good'.
And I understand, if you are 'fed up' with those things sometimes.

Beginners, yes, and there sould be a focus on them. But how can a top player in general be concerned about too many units???

Edit: But I am not at all against reducing that. More tactical, less numbers is also okay.
AoA Strategy Guide "The General and the Detailed"
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=54280#p854568
Update on 5.02.2017: New old faction overviews published!

AoA-Replays with me: http://tinyurl.com/gkrzl4y

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests