Is anything actually going on with this game?

PapaYankee
Sergeant

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby PapaYankee » Wed 8 Feb 2017 16:44

General Mig wrote:So is there new stuff coming ?. is it still being updated ?. is anyone still playing this ?. come give me something

Hello there, for the moment, we're not planning new content for Act of Aggression (same for Wargame: Red Dragon), as the entire team is currently focusing 100% on the development of our next game. I can't tell more about this one, but news should come soon™©®.

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Megiddo » Wed 8 Feb 2017 16:58

:o

The fact that this statement is posted in the "RTS" section and not the "RTT" or "News" sections of the forum can be considered as a clue?

Thanks for the intel anyways :)
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

PapaYankee
Sergeant

Postby PapaYankee » Wed 8 Feb 2017 17:08

Megiddo wrote:The fact that this statement is posted in the "RTS" section and not the "RTT" or "News" sections of the forum can be considered as a clue?

Sorry but no, I'm just answering the question :)

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant

Postby Predatorrrr » Wed 8 Feb 2017 22:30

PapaYankee wrote:
General Mig wrote:So is there new stuff coming ?. is it still being updated ?. is anyone still playing this ?. come give me something

Hello there, for the moment, we're not planning new content for Act of Aggression (same for Wargame: Red Dragon), as the entire team is currently focusing 100% on the development of our next game. I can't tell more about this one, but news should come soon™©®.

So its neither a new AoA, nor a new wargame?

Rabidnid
Lieutenant

Postby Rabidnid » Thu 9 Feb 2017 02:44

Predatorrrr wrote:
PapaYankee wrote:

So its neither a new AoA, nor a new wargame?

Well unless they have a deathwish it won't be a new AoA, but we can hope for a WG4.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Thu 9 Feb 2017 03:26

Wargame with some buildings aside from fob ? :D

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Thu 9 Feb 2017 03:43

Considering Focus Home Interactive current trend I am afraid Eugen Systems is working in something high fantasy related, probably a MOBA, I guess we already had more than we could expect with the last Wargame DLCs and sooner or later an end to their RTS games would come...

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Thu 9 Feb 2017 03:49

I just hope for real Era difference. Could be further into the future, could go into the past. I think the recent models hint at a bit of both. Although AoA has not been out that long, seems like it was a big experiment

publord
Corporal

Postby publord » Sat 11 Feb 2017 21:35

If they're smart they'll just use the iris zoom engine to the fullest extent.

It doesn't even need to be a Wargame 4. There's potential for some really eye-catching games in other eras (Napoleonic warfare in iris zoom? *******GIVE*******)

If they aren't, they'll do another dime-a-dozen game that fails to give off any wow factor. Which is what AoA is. I know people like it for being an updated classic RTS, but I think a good chunk of people who did like C&C, Generals, Act of War, all that stuff, sort of went "been there, done that"

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Mon 13 Feb 2017 15:51

publord wrote:(Napoleonic warfare in iris zoom? *******GIVE*******)

I'd love that ... :)