Is anything actually going on with this game?

User avatar
PapaYankee
Sergeant
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri 6 May 2016 09:31
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby PapaYankee » Wed 8 Feb 2017 16:44

General Mig wrote:So is there new stuff coming ?. is it still being updated ?. is anyone still playing this ?. come give me something

Hello there, for the moment, we're not planning new content for Act of Aggression (same for Wargame: Red Dragon), as the entire team is currently focusing 100% on the development of our next game. I can't tell more about this one, but news should come soon™©®.

User avatar
Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu 23 Jul 2015 22:57
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby Megiddo » Wed 8 Feb 2017 16:58

:o

The fact that this statement is posted in the "RTS" section and not the "RTT" or "News" sections of the forum can be considered as a clue?

Thanks for the intel anyways :)
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

User avatar
PapaYankee
Sergeant
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri 6 May 2016 09:31
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby PapaYankee » Wed 8 Feb 2017 17:08

Megiddo wrote:The fact that this statement is posted in the "RTS" section and not the "RTT" or "News" sections of the forum can be considered as a clue?

Sorry but no, I'm just answering the question :)

Predatorrrr
Master Sergeant
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri 21 Aug 2015 01:42
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby Predatorrrr » Wed 8 Feb 2017 22:30

PapaYankee wrote:
General Mig wrote:So is there new stuff coming ?. is it still being updated ?. is anyone still playing this ?. come give me something

Hello there, for the moment, we're not planning new content for Act of Aggression (same for Wargame: Red Dragon), as the entire team is currently focusing 100% on the development of our next game. I can't tell more about this one, but news should come soon™©®.


So its neither a new AoA, nor a new wargame?

User avatar
Rabidnid
Lieutenant
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon 28 Dec 2015 21:33
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby Rabidnid » Thu 9 Feb 2017 02:44

Predatorrrr wrote:
PapaYankee wrote:
General Mig wrote:So is there new stuff coming ?. is it still being updated ?. is anyone still playing this ?. come give me something

Hello there, for the moment, we're not planning new content for Act of Aggression (same for Wargame: Red Dragon), as the entire team is currently focusing 100% on the development of our next game. I can't tell more about this one, but news should come soon™©®.


So its neither a new AoA, nor a new wargame?


Well unless they have a deathwish it won't be a new AoA, but we can hope for a WG4.
Image

User avatar
chykka
Brigadier
Posts: 3253
Joined: Wed 28 Nov 2012 14:55
Location: Canada, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby chykka » Thu 9 Feb 2017 03:26

Wargame with some buildings aside from fob ? :D
Image

User avatar
McNash
Lieutenant
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sun 15 Apr 2012 18:06
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby McNash » Thu 9 Feb 2017 03:43

Considering Focus Home Interactive current trend I am afraid Eugen Systems is working in something high fantasy related, probably a MOBA, I guess we already had more than we could expect with the last Wargame DLCs and sooner or later an end to their RTS games would come...
Image

User avatar
chykka
Brigadier
Posts: 3253
Joined: Wed 28 Nov 2012 14:55
Location: Canada, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby chykka » Thu 9 Feb 2017 03:49

I just hope for real Era difference. Could be further into the future, could go into the past. I think the recent models hint at a bit of both. Although AoA has not been out that long, seems like it was a big experiment
Image

publord
Corporal
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon 9 Apr 2012 17:46
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby publord » Sat 11 Feb 2017 21:35

If they're smart they'll just use the iris zoom engine to the fullest extent.

It doesn't even need to be a Wargame 4. There's potential for some really eye-catching games in other eras (Napoleonic warfare in iris zoom? *******GIVE*******)

If they aren't, they'll do another dime-a-dozen game that fails to give off any wow factor. Which is what AoA is. I know people like it for being an updated classic RTS, but I think a good chunk of people who did like C&C, Generals, Act of War, all that stuff, sort of went "been there, done that"

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 14873
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

Re: Is anything actually going on with this game?

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Mon 13 Feb 2017 15:51

publord wrote:(Napoleonic warfare in iris zoom? *******GIVE*******)

I'd love that ... :)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests