Announcement for those who couldn't use their laptop GPU

Deathmonolith
Staff Sergeant

Announcement for those who couldn't use their laptop GPU

Postby Deathmonolith » Wed 23 Sep 2015 12:54

Hi everyone, EugSupport here !

If you have a laptop, with a Nvidia Graphic Card of a GTX xxxM or GT xxxM series, and you had troubles with using this graphic card instead of the intel chipset, we need your help !

We're currently under discussions with Nvidia to find and fix that problem, but we need YOU to help us all ! Wether your problem is fixed with a workaround or not, we need to have access to as many DxDiags as possible from your computers.

Here is how to make one :

1. Press the keys WINDOWS (bottom left) and R.
2. Type DXDIAG and click the button OK from the Run window.

A diagnosis will be executed then. After it's done, click on "Save all information" and save the DxDiag as text file (.txt).

Do not forget to compress it in a .rar or .zip file, and send it to us here.

We deeply thank you for your help !

Cheers,

EugSupport

Araton
Warrant Officer

Re: Announcement for those who couldn't use their laptop GPU

Postby Araton » Wed 23 Sep 2015 15:11

I have an M970 GTX, DxDiag, posted here: viewtopic.php?f=195&t=55421&p=871533#p871533

My MSI Tealth Pro has no on board GPU other than the nVidia M970 GTX as far as I know.

Edit: The game runs fine, I have no problem running it. I'm posting my DxDiag, because you guys asked for Nvidia Mxxx GTX cards
Last edited by Araton on Thu 24 Sep 2015 00:21, edited 1 time in total.

AceRevo
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby AceRevo » Wed 23 Sep 2015 20:05

Heres mine. Btw I did that ''workaround'' thing where you edit the option.ini file and (another file i cant remember name on now) and in the video settings it says the game is using the correct GPU now..... In the AutoSettings it saves at 60% but I dont think this ''workaround'' solution is a good fix becouse the game asks me to run the AutoSetting every time I start the game, and sometimes the game laggs and runs at 12ish FPS in the very begining of the game (can last about 5 minuts or something, never runned a timer on it) and sometimes it just goes back to normal while other times the screen goes black and Im back into the game within half a second but the graphics seems to haven been changed down to medium! This lagg in the begining of the game makes the game very unplayable and gives me a bad early game evry time it happens! (also the games seems to be lagging only for me, and not the other players in the game, during multiplayer)

GTX 765m
Attachments
DxDiag.rar
(14.86 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by AceRevo on Wed 23 Sep 2015 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

bendfs
Private

Postby bendfs » Wed 23 Sep 2015 22:24

I am having the same problem using an ASUS G75VW with GTX 660M Game will not even start.

Ben
DxDiag.rar
(12.05 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Deathmonolith
Staff Sergeant

Postby Deathmonolith » Thu 24 Sep 2015 10:40

@ Araton : Did the game did not recognized your graphic card at one point ? If not, it won't be of much use, but I thank you nonetheless.

@Bendfs : If the game won't start, it's not the bug we're looking fo, we're looking for unrecognized GPU's on certain graphic cards, and therefore is useless to us. If you already made a thread about your crashes, but it isn't adressed yet, feel free to send me a link to your thread in MP.

Araton
Warrant Officer

Postby Araton » Thu 24 Sep 2015 12:25

Deathmonolith wrote:@ Araton : Did the game did not recognized your graphic card at one point ? If not, it won't be of much use, but I thank you nonetheless.

Nope, no problems at all. Everything is recognized fine. I thought that you guys were looking for DxDiags from people with nVidia Mxxx GTX cards.

brbretz
Private

Postby brbretz » Sat 26 Sep 2015 17:16

Hi, I have a relatively new macbook air and continue to have crash problems even when not online. I have been checking your website to find patches or updates and I have found none. I didn't mind never playing online because I love the skirmish but now that is crashing too. Please help as I love this game!!!

Sigirdiwarth
Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Sat 26 Sep 2015 18:06

I have that problem but with an AMD card.

ViperRomeo
Private

Postby ViperRomeo » Tue 29 Sep 2015 05:35

This problem is the worst. Pre-Ordered this game, and loved WarGame: Red Dragon by you guys, but this is unacceptable.

I have a Razer Blade 14'' Laptop (2014) with an Intel HD 4600 and an NVIDIA GTX 765M. I have never had any viruses or performance issues with any game, all of drivers are up to date, and my system is 100% normal. Every game I have ever played on this laptop has worked perfectly, and I have never had an issue with a game not detecting or using the correct card. This is the first time.

Every time I turn on Act of Aggression, no matter what NVIDIA Control Panel settings I change, no matter how many times I reboot, or reinstall, etc.-- the game says it is using the Intel 4600 and never finds the NVIDIA card. I know how to properly set the Control Panel settings, I know how to tell which card is working, etc. but it doesn't work.

Clearly, it is not my laptop with the problem -- because when I go and boot up WarGame: Red Dragon, the game always uses the GTX 765M perfectly (every time) and runs it with great settings. Maybe, Eugen, the first place to look for a bug fix for this issue is in your WarGame series, because those games have no problem using the NVIDIA card, and only the NVIDIA card, every time.

It's sad that I've played every Eugen game that has come out in recent years, but can't play this one -- which I was most excited about. Graphics never fully render when I try to start a mission because the Intel 4600 obviously can't handle it, so it freezes or gets 1-3 FPS. Despite Pre-Ordering and having no installation or PC issues, the latest official drivers, and a healthy laptop -- I haven't been able to play a single minute of Act of Aggression. Money sadly wasted, and I hope you guys fix this specific problem ASAP so I can continue to support your work with my time and money!

Will post DxDiag when I get home from work.

I hope you read this, and thanks for you hard work.

Thanks,

Michael

DrunkenCyclop
First Sergeant

Postby DrunkenCyclop » Tue 29 Sep 2015 17:29

Hello ViperRomero !

First of all, we're really sorry for this problem. We are actually working with NVidia on this, so it don't really depend on us and I can't say when a fix will be ready : it can be the end of the week or next month. :/

Otherwise, have you tried the workaround editing the *.ini file ?

Follow this Path : Hard drive in which the game is intstalled ==> Users ==> The user profile you used while playing ==> Saved Games ==> EugenSystems ==> ActOfAgression.

Find the Option.ini and the LastKnownGoodOptions.ini files and open them.
In the [System_values] section, change the OptionsVersion line from 3 to 2. Close it, then right click on the file, click on properties, and set the file to read only.
Repeat for both files.

Normally, the game will launch and do an auto-detect each time it starts.
It's a little annoying because it take some times at each launch, but you will be able to play using the correct GPU.

Let me know if the workaround does not work.

Cheers,
EugSupport