Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 Update on 5.02.2017: New old faction overviews

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 Update on 5.02.2017: New old faction overviews

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Fri 7 Aug 2015 18:42

Act of Aggression Strategy Guide 2.0 (Cartel Update and more)
– by Kampfkekskrieger –

Introduction

Act of Aggression is a new Real -Time-Strategy-Game and for me it is even more because it bundes the pulse of time of a major group of people that share a modern hobby.

Reason enough to write a Strategy Guide for all the commanders and generals out there to help you to control the factions for you dont get into besetted situations so you can actually enjoy the game.

The following hints, tips and How-To's should lead your favourite factions into Victory.
They are based on my large experience as RTS-player and over 200 hours of Act of Aggression.

A Note: This is my first Guide I write and I am not a native english speaker. If somebody can give me some better formulations and a correcture if there are mistakes, please somebody give me a PM so I can correct them. If my language is not objective enough or too emotional or too tinted with a nodge that you dont like, just tell me please.

Edit on Version 2.0: I did more than just adding the Cartel faction but actually worked on the whole guide to improve its quality. I added some chapters where I saw them at their right place or if I had the feeling that some additional explaination is needed.

The Download Link is:

https://stahlpirat.wordpress.com/act-of ... uide-2015/

( Warning : Now, the interface has changed again. Try it with a right click on the download-button, and save link as... . Then it works. With the first try I just got redirected to advertising, but it actually still gives the guide. )

---
PS: I know that my Guide has some mistakes concerning the form of presentation.
I am still working on a new release.

Kindly, Kampfkekskrieger

Update on 5.02.2017:

I have made a few faction overviews for the 3 factions, as you would have tech-trees in the printed manual in earlier C&C games and AoW, also.
I made them longer time ago already, but I struggled with some last steps that would have refined them, as they are just a little little bit uncorrect ( I did not mark the stealth units in the cartel overview is 1 of 3 little mistakes I have found), and also, if other people would understand them like I created it.

But I have such a major joy today, that I finally want to publish them anyways.

USA Overview v1.0_large.jpg
USA Overview v1.0_large.jpg (377.74 KiB) Viewed 1735 times

Chimera_Overview v1.0_large.jpg
Chimera_Overview v1.0_large.jpg (404.79 KiB) Viewed 1735 times

Cartel Overview v1.0_large.jpg
Cartel Overview v1.0_large.jpg (404.11 KiB) Viewed 1735 times

This also comes with my thank you for a still rising number of 11.000 Views and a still rising number of 2350 downloads :D .

Lets see who finds this Update :lol: .

May the times of the grade strategér games rise again!

AoA-Replays with me: http://tinyurl.com/gkrzl4y
Last edited by KampfKeksKrieger on Sun 17 Sep 2017 22:10, edited 21 times in total.

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - The General and the Detailed by Kampfkekskrieger

Postby Megiddo » Fri 7 Aug 2015 19:11

Mmh, you must be an adept of those cartel thieves. Friedrich II ended up betraying his french allies before the war of the 7 years, leading him to his great defeat at Kunersdorf battle. Otherwise he was a great general :lol:

Joke apart, nice and useful post.

Thanks for this :)
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

WarriorWounds
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - The General and the Detailed by Kampfkekskrieger

Postby WarriorWounds » Fri 7 Aug 2015 19:12

This is a nice article, I enjoyed reading it and listening to your opinions, can't wait to see the cartel parts!

AceRevo
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby AceRevo » Sat 8 Aug 2015 01:14

Nice artice, great read!

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Sun 16 Aug 2015 17:03

Sticky for ~24 hours. Click here for explanation.
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ

pabloXXX
Sergeant

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 (Cartel Update and more!)

Postby pabloXXX » Sun 23 Aug 2015 22:17

Wow, i´m really impressed!

Very good work on this Guide. Already the table of content with all it´s sub-contents is a nice piece of work.
And he probably did that all in his spare time.

Thumb up from me, nice job!

pablo ;)

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Re: Act of Aggression Strategy Guide - "The General and the Detailed" 2.0 (Cartel Update and more!)

Postby atdsutm » Mon 24 Aug 2015 03:04

Nice read! I really need this.

apocom
Private

Postby apocom » Mon 24 Aug 2015 12:42

Hi, I just created an account to say thank you for this great guide.

As a new player that is really helpful. It also helped me to choose on which faction I want to focus first (fast and agile :))

Thank you!

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Mon 24 Aug 2015 17:37

Your 'Thank-You's are reaching me and are very welcome here.
It was indeed a lot of work and it keeps me in the motivation to go on with the further.
I dont want to promise too much but I still have some major Ideas for Improvements.

With your Cheerings you brisk up soul!

VJS161Fire
Sergeant

Postby VJS161Fire » Tue 25 Aug 2015 06:58

Nice work KampfKekskrieger, well appreciated.

But in a later version, please add the number of pages in the table of contents and take a little more space between the lines, maybe 3pts. It's horrible to find or read with the current formatting.

And IMO: The cartels vanguard isn't only good with psyops to capture enemy vehicles. Due to its stealth it's also ideal to capture deep base buildings, because he doesn't reveal while capturing.
"Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork." - Virtuelle Jagdstaffel 161 "Mad Bulls"