Tips for Cartel vs Chimera

siizon
Sergeant

Tips for Cartel vs Chimera

Postby siizon » Mon 7 Sep 2015 14:41

Hello you wonderful people. What are the best ways to deal with the chimera when playing the Cartel. The last few games I got railed because of the Ninjas, any suggestions?

Cheers! Keep fighting the good fight!

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Tips for Cartel vs Chimera

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Mon 7 Sep 2015 18:30

my guide is up!
And since the Weekend (Friday noon) its also on page one.
Have fun reading it! I will also update that chapter one time... :)

Kampfkekskrieger

siizon
Sergeant

Postby siizon » Tue 8 Sep 2015 15:59

KampfKeksKrieger wrote:my guide is up!
And since the Weekend (Friday noon) its also on page one.
Have fun reading it! I will also update that chapter one time... :)

Kampfkekskrieger

Okay I will check it out. Have you ever found a way to make X32s worth anything?

KampfKeksKrieger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Tue 8 Sep 2015 18:21

I like the X32 pretty much, far away from useless even!
Build a couple of them and throw them over their armys!
As Cartel I usually have ALU-Surpluses and so I build Air-Control-Center and X32...

As I play much Infantry Iautomatically get theeseSurplusses, I only need Alu for a couple of Superhinds and thats it... and so the Clusterweapons build themselves somehow...
And if you build tanks you dont need the X32 so much as you already HAVE Anti-Tank capabilities, but it still kills whole armies if you have more of them... same like AMOS.
I mentioned them at the end of Chapter 2.3.1.4 (which is why I wrongly stated a Chapter 2.3.1.5 Cluster Weapons in the Table of Content, which I melted together and noticed too late to clean that...)

This is the short version so far...lets see if its enough for you.

Yours SIncerly, Kampfkekskrieger

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Tue 8 Sep 2015 18:26

Your guide would be better as part of game Wiki or something :)

siizon
Sergeant

Postby siizon » Tue 8 Sep 2015 22:29

KampfKeksKrieger wrote:I like the X32 pretty much, far away from useless even!
Build a couple of them and throw them over their armys!
As Cartel I usually have ALU-Surpluses and so I build Air-Control-Center and X32...

As I play much Infantry Iautomatically get theeseSurplusses, I only need Alu for a couple of Superhinds and thats it... and so the Clusterweapons build themselves somehow...
And if you build tanks you dont need the X32 so much as you already HAVE Anti-Tank capabilities, but it still kills whole armies if you have more of them... same like AMOS.
I mentioned them at the end of Chapter 2.3.1.4 (which is why I wrongly stated a Chapter 2.3.1.5 Cluster Weapons in the Table of Content, which I melted together and noticed too late to clean that...)

This is the short version so far...lets see if its enough for you.

Yours SIncerly, Kampfkekskrieger

Thank you again! I guess I have never seen them useful for their niche. I have used 4-5 but unlike amos which have more persistent damage I tend to buy them preferentially. I must admit I never did try their upgrade which gives them long range AT. Have you found it useful (I am going to use them later). Anyway I appreciate the input, I usually just want something that is similar to the lightning and PAK-FA

SentinelX
Corporal

Postby SentinelX » Sat 12 Sep 2015 23:46

How do you handle mass Tigres as Cartel? Otomatics just don't cut it vs choppers, and the Vextras range is too short in my opinion...
And Berkuts don't attack choppers?

killer00100
Master Sergeant

Postby killer00100 » Sun 13 Sep 2015 05:31

SentinelX wrote:How do you handle mass Tigres as Cartel? Otomatics just don't cut it vs choppers, and the Vextras range is too short in my opinion...

Berkuts attack choppers but usually choppers have counter measure to divert missiles away, reduce Berkut's effective. Grinch is better against choppers compare to otomatic (especially with Cartel's NLOS upgrade).

UltiBahamut
Corporal

Postby UltiBahamut » Mon 14 Sep 2015 16:42

killer00100 wrote:
SentinelX wrote:How do you handle mass Tigres as Cartel? Otomatics just don't cut it vs choppers, and the Vextras range is too short in my opinion...

Berkuts attack choppers but usually choppers have counter measure to divert missiles away, reduce Berkut's effective. Grinch is better against choppers compare to otomatic (especially with Cartel's NLOS upgrade).

Essentially thisish. I would say if they are massing tigres then you should get 9 berkuts and destroy entire squads of tigres with ease. Even with the counter measures you can select your jets and send them back at the tigres. It will kill them all unless they have heavy AA to kill your berkuts, But then you do what you said. NLOS Upgraded Grinches <3

SentinelX
Corporal

Postby SentinelX » Mon 14 Sep 2015 17:11

What i do find is that cartel needs "hit'n'run" to succeed, but if the needs come to take a straight up fight they are lacking seriously. Scorpios do decent damage, but have such slow RoF that it's laughable. Even with Otomatics tanking, the army, cost for cost, will be in favor of US/Chimera. The only really good units i find from Cartel are the AMOS (god i love this one...) and the Spectre (not due to it's stealth, but it's actually a decent tank all in all)... Oh and hinds are decent. Tanky AF, but the autocannon misses quite a LOT...

Do i really need to play more infantry heavy then? Should i only focus on armored units until i get to the Prototypes bay?

And i know PoW's are something i need to capture at every chance i get, but they don't drop as often as with the other factions. Everything Cartel has literally shoots to kill.

And wth is up with Commanches Eugen? If i order a HOLD FIRE, they should HOLD fire and not drop their entire load on a random unit that happened to pass by...