Tips for Cartel vs Chimera

UltiBahamut
Corporal

Re: Tips for Cartel vs Chimera

Postby UltiBahamut » Mon 14 Sep 2015 17:27

SentinelX wrote:What i do find is that cartel needs "hit'n'run" to succeed, but if the needs come to take a straight up fight they are lacking seriously. Scorpios do decent damage, but have such slow RoF that it's laughable. Even with Otomatics tanking, the army, cost for cost, will be in favor of US/Chimera. The only really good units i find from Cartel are the AMOS (god i love this one...) and the Spectre (not due to it's stealth, but it's actually a decent tank all in all)... Oh and hinds are decent. Tanky AF, but the autocannon misses quite a LOT...

Do i really need to play more infantry heavy then? Should i only focus on armored units until i get to the Prototypes bay?

And i know PoW's are something i need to capture at every chance i get, but they don't drop as often as with the other factions. Everything Cartel has literally shoots to kill.

And wth is up with Commanches Eugen? If i order a HOLD FIRE, they should HOLD fire and not drop their entire load on a random unit that happened to pass by...

The way I start off for defense is Vipers + hinds + arty turrets (All with their repair center upgrades) Can kill any ground army at choke points. The napalm bomb that the hinds have are absolutely amazing and when you get like 5+ hinds dropping the bombs on an approaching army it will kill most of them. Leaving the vipers + arty turrets to clean up. AMOS is definitely good but expensive early game and yes. Infantry heavy is the way to go early on, When set up in buildings i've had 10 vipers spread out in a town destroy a huge chunk of a guy's MGS strykers when he pushed before they got cleared out. Letting my hinds + vipers + amos clean up with ease. Generally though, my advise is expand towards the enemy with refineries, near checkpoints and put the arty turrets on those. You can put up to 3 (maybe 4) arty turrets on them without the arty turrets blowing each other up. If they break through all of this though you're probably screwed but i've had this hold many pushes since the AI on roads sets them up as natural choke points. Just remember to spread out the infantry (at the least in a single long line) so enemy shots only hit 1 at a time. Keep hinds away from infantry, and watch the fireworks :D

Yes, most early game unit cartel has shoots to kill which sucks but AMOS do not, the Hind's incendiary attack (not the bomb) will just wound infantry. Great source of early PoWs are banks for this. Fly a hind up and fire bomb it. Force them out then pick them off with the hinds auto attack. Should give at least 1-2 if you're lucky :P But I find Spectres with otos will drop a lot of wounded guys due to otos dealing like a .25 damage to ground. So Spectres go BANG and then otos just poke and yay pilot! :D

siizon
Sergeant

Postby siizon » Mon 14 Sep 2015 21:41

UltiBahamut wrote:
SentinelX wrote:What i do find is that cartel needs "hit'n'run" to succeed, but if the needs come to take a straight up fight they are lacking seriously. Scorpios do decent damage, but have such slow RoF that it's laughable. Even with Otomatics tanking, the army, cost for cost, will be in favor of US/Chimera. The only really good units i find from Cartel are the AMOS (god i love this one...) and the Spectre (not due to it's stealth, but it's actually a decent tank all in all)... Oh and hinds are decent. Tanky AF, but the autocannon misses quite a LOT...

Do i really need to play more infantry heavy then? Should i only focus on armored units until i get to the Prototypes bay?

And i know PoW's are something i need to capture at every chance i get, but they don't drop as often as with the other factions. Everything Cartel has literally shoots to kill.

And wth is up with Commanches Eugen? If i order a HOLD FIRE, they should HOLD fire and not drop their entire load on a random unit that happened to pass by...

The way I start off for defense is Vipers + hinds + arty turrets (All with their repair center upgrades) Can kill any ground army at choke points. The napalm bomb that the hinds have are absolutely amazing and when you get like 5+ hinds dropping the bombs on an approaching army it will kill most of them. Leaving the vipers + arty turrets to clean up. AMOS is definitely good but expensive early game and yes. Infantry heavy is the way to go early on, When set up in buildings i've had 10 vipers spread out in a town destroy a huge chunk of a guy's MGS strykers when he pushed before they got cleared out. Letting my hinds + vipers + amos clean up with ease. Generally though, my advise is expand towards the enemy with refineries, near checkpoints and put the arty turrets on those. You can put up to 3 (maybe 4) arty turrets on them without the arty turrets blowing each other up. If they break through all of this though you're probably screwed but i've had this hold many pushes since the AI on roads sets them up as natural choke points. Just remember to spread out the infantry (at the least in a single long line) so enemy shots only hit 1 at a time. Keep hinds away from infantry, and watch the fireworks :D

Yes, most early game unit cartel has shoots to kill which sucks but AMOS do not, the Hind's incendiary attack (not the bomb) will just wound infantry. Great source of early PoWs are banks for this. Fly a hind up and fire bomb it. Force them out then pick them off with the hinds auto attack. Should give at least 1-2 if you're lucky :P But I find Spectres with otos will drop a lot of wounded guys due to otos dealing like a .25 damage to ground. So Spectres go BANG and then otos just poke and yay pilot! :D

What he said. I find that I find the troops a lot of fun to use. Grinches are great aa for helis. Shershens and Vipers really hit hard for the heavy city maps. I also really like the scout CSG. They are great for spying and doing POW runs. Their flame thrower upgrades are perfect precise strike forces (though I did get nuked once by my ally while I was doing this). Also the problem with hold fire is it is just a command and not a stance. So, sadly, as soon as they get spotted they target everything. Hopefully, they add a stance so they won't fire at all.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Mon 5 Oct 2015 14:45

There should be two commands. The current one should be Keep Stealth while new one added that is true Hold Fire until you click attack or attack-move.

The other problem is that units ignore the attack command and fire at close targets. They should be doing that only with attack-move command while just attack should only get them to move to range and fire ONLY at that target.