Unofficial Manual NOW AVAILABLE!

Chubzdoomer
Sergeant First-Class

Unofficial Manual NOW AVAILABLE!

Postby Chubzdoomer » Tue 15 Sep 2015 01:24

Since Eugen didn't include a manual with the game, a friend and I took it upon ourselves to create our very own unofficial manual in the form of a comprehensive Steam Guide.

Here's the finished product (image acts as a link):

This guide is aimed primarily at beginners and those struggling to understand the game's mechanics or wanting to learn more about the game; however, it may also prove to be useful and/or insightful even to those of you veterans out there.

That being said, please check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks in advance!

admiralzeech
Sergeant Major

Re: Unofficial Manual NOW AVAILABLE!

Postby admiralzeech » Tue 15 Sep 2015 11:53

Great work!

It would be really good if you added a detailed section on how to read the unit stats from the UI.

There are obvious ones like hitpoints, but also important ones like the stealth icon. Finally the most mysterious of all is how different weapon damages work, and what armor type the units are (is this even visible in the UI?!)

It would be great to document once and for all how weapon damage works. I've seen so many questions on this in various forums.

VJS161Fire
Sergeant

Postby VJS161Fire » Tue 15 Sep 2015 14:35

Hi,

and thanks for that exported overview. Could you add all the upgrades for each faction, and what they do, as well? Thanks in advance.

And please check the information texts for Grinch and Shershen ("Twin Launcher in the Barracks"). That upgrade is only available for Grinch, IIRC.

kind regards,
Fire
"Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork." - Virtuelle Jagdstaffel 161 "Mad Bulls"

marauder2013
Private

Postby marauder2013 » Thu 12 May 2016 06:33

admiralzeech wrote:Great work!
Finally the most mysterious of all is how different weapon damages work, and what armor type the units are (is this even visible in the UI?!)

It would be great to document once and for all how weapon damage works. I've seen so many questions on this in various forums.

Has this even been answered? Please give me link of that explains these things. How can a strategy game not give you this information? Or even the makers of the game not post it online?

Units attack range.
Units rate of fire.
Units defense (if any, not referring to HP)
Units movement speed.

I got to give props to the unofficial manual but I was hoping to see the above information answered. Sadly still a mystery. How can you make a real time strategy game and omit some of the most important information to create tactics and strategies? How are players suppose to take this game seriously without the essential requirements for a rts?

By the way thanks for making the unofficial manual. Really great job. I just hope the reboot has the questions answered so you can finish this awesome unofficial manual.