Cartel Late Game

siizon
Sergeant

Cartel Late Game

Postby siizon » Thu 1 Oct 2015 14:28

Hello all, I am wondering if you have any suggestions for the Cartel late game. I usually find that with their weak aa and worst late game eco (does not matter if you spawn a bunch of PoWs if you can't get them) that they really suffer if not fall off completely. Any tips?
-Siizon

Spector
First Sergeant

Re: Cartel Late Game

Postby Spector » Thu 1 Oct 2015 18:44

Rush the enemy. You have the cheapest units and the strongest ones at start. If you end up in late game with Cartel then you are using it wrong.

At least that is how it is atm. If the developers fix the late game resources for Cartel they should fix it's OP starting units as well.
"All your bases are belong to us", Zero Wing, 1991.

siizon
Sergeant

Postby siizon » Thu 1 Oct 2015 21:00

Spector wrote:Rush the enemy. You have the cheapest units and the strongest ones at start. If you end up in late game with Cartel then you are using it wrong.

At least that is how it is atm. If the developers fix the late game resources for Cartel they should fix it's OP starting units as well.

First, I often rush or build for mid-game. However, that does not always work especially against multiple enemies. :x . So late game eco drags, and then usually not that helpful. I do hope they take a look at it.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Thu 1 Oct 2015 23:06

I assume you are talking about team games. I also wonder what is the best way to play as Cartel in 3v3 and 4v4. If I don't cripple one player a lot early I am usually useless in late game. But if the other team is any good they will help defend vs your rush.

siizon
Sergeant

Postby siizon » Fri 2 Oct 2015 01:19

torinus wrote:I assume you are talking about team games. I also wonder what is the best way to play as Cartel in 3v3 and 4v4. If I don't cripple one player a lot early I am usually useless in late game. But if the other team is any good they will help defend vs your rush.

You are correct. Usually 1v1 or 2v2 I am okay. Late game does not usually happen. If it does I usually can get enough POWs to help. But for the big games I tend to go all or nothing on one attack to kill off in one move. Other than that it is very hard to build a comprable army.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Fri 2 Oct 2015 09:19

The only decent AA for Cartel are berkuts as Otomatics become absolutely pointless by late game, you either combo X-32 and berkuts to achieve air supremacy while wiping out the enemy AA or you get stuck with Oto's underwhelming AA range, I mean, in one to one upgraded guardians and tigres win against otomatics even while the later are supposed to be dedicated AA :?

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Fri 2 Oct 2015 11:12

McNash wrote:The only decent AA for Cartel are berkuts as Otomatics become absolutely pointless by late game, you either combo X-32 and berkuts to achieve air supremacy while wiping out the enemy AA or you get stuck with Oto's underwhelming AA range, I mean, in one to one upgraded guardians and tigres win against otomatics even while the later are supposed to be dedicated AA :?

Otos are cheaper than one guardian or tigre. It is unfair to expect 1v1 ratio to win.

atdsutm
First Sergeant

Postby atdsutm » Wed 7 Oct 2015 13:50

Early Acts of Aggression.

If it's a team battle, your allies will carry you later and make sure to ask them for prisoners.

Railgun-based tanks have the best chances on generating POWs. When fighting a tank-based clash, make sure to prepare a hind with a contractor and start spamming barracks at the base.

Focus your rare-earth resources on doubling the prison yield.