unit name help.

juxstapo
Private

unit name help.

Postby juxstapo » Sun 14 May 2017 13:38

Hey guys.

I realize "this game is dead" and I'm likely speaking to an empty room and all...

...but I absolutely adore AoA. Almost feel like it was made for me, personally. ;) So I figured my question was worth a shot.

This is my first foray into mod tools, period. Thanks much for all the effort put into both the suite and the tutorials on this board. I did RTFM, and opened up all available multiplayer colors for a start.

I've been digging through the NDF file and found several unit lists linking to their various modules; my question is does anyone know where/how to find the unit names or tags? Since the internal database references are in French (natch) I kinda assumed there'd be tables or some such with entries for the various languages the game would be released in? (Or is it just one version per nationality of the market it's sold in?)

Anyhoo, I'd like to be able to rename my units, as a gentle start to custom modding.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: unit name help.

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 14 May 2017 22:09

Unit names in Wargame are in ZZ_Win.dat. Go to the second-to-last folder, the folder inside of that, and look for ZZ_Win.dat. If you don't see it there, keep checking the previous folders.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image