MODDING!?!

Kvantovy
Master Sergeant

Re: MODDING!?!

Postby Kvantovy » Sun 6 Sep 2015 07:12

I hope so much Eugen will give the community real modding tools. To make new units and missions... That would be so great.

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Sun 6 Sep 2015 14:17

Eugen won't release any official modding tool nor Map SDK. It would be too much work for them

oompah
Master Sergeant

Postby oompah » Sun 6 Sep 2015 14:46

they'd be crazy not too - look at arma 2 and Dayz. If Eugen helped the modders and word got out a group of guys were making the next generals...their sales would ^^^^

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sun 6 Sep 2015 19:09

Not necessarily. Many games with full modding suites werent really that effected sales-wise by mod tools. Act of War: High Treason for instance. Full map editor, game mode editor, and unit/model editor with that one in its first patch.

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Sun 6 Sep 2015 20:26

Guggy wrote:Not necessarily. Many games with full modding suites werent really that effected sales-wise by mod tools. Act of War: High Treason for instance. Full map editor, game mode editor, and unit/model editor with that one in its first patch.

No-one will ever understand Eugen's policy about modding. Lazyness? Or fearing that mods can be used for cheating? I have no idea

Атаман
Staff Sergeant

Postby Атаман » Sun 6 Sep 2015 21:37

Fashion is great! Maybe someone will make that mod adds to the game the Russian army!

Saigosun
Corporal

Postby Saigosun » Mon 7 Sep 2015 17:17

Modding Section added to AOA Forums. *Fingers Crossed*

Kvantovy
Master Sergeant

Postby Kvantovy » Wed 9 Sep 2015 19:10

I hope there will be options to mod factions and units. I'd like to try to mod Skrezhet into Chimera repair vehicle.
http://imgur.com/x3mekrQ

Souse
Private

Postby Souse » Mon 15 Feb 2016 01:15

Saigosun wrote:1.To edit resource deposits you want to open up pc/ndf/patchable/gfx/everything.ndfbin (use the search bar)

2. Once inside, use the search bar and type in "stocked" (No quotes.)

3. Look for Id number 34 which should say TLocalStockedResourceDescription

4. Once you click it, you will see a list of instances in the middle bar You are looking for Instance numbers 187 (Aluminum) 249 (gold) and 282 (Rare Earth)

5. Select the instance and change the stock limit to the desired amount

6. before going to the next instance, click the magnifying glass across from the search bar

7. This will bring up 2 options in another window, select TStockedResourceDescriptionWithParameters

8. In the default amount box, change the number to the desired amount. This number MUST match the number you entered into that resource's TLocalStockedResourceDescription under stock limit or the resource will start with 0.

9. Once you've done steps 5-8 with the other resources, save the file, viola.

EDIT: TLocalStockedResourceDescription also contains the storage information for economic units. So you can edit the storage capacities of refineries/HQ's. I forgot the instances numbers however because I merely stumbled upon them. I do remember accidentally changing the storage for refineries to 500000 instead of gold deposits and my computer had a heart attack.

Hello I appear to have followed your steps but im not seeing any of my changes reflected in-game. is this a patch issue? I think the instances change with each patch.. even so Ive changed any values that reflect Aluminum 1500 oil 1500 and rare earth 1000 (there are only 2-3 1500 values in TLocalStockedResourceDescription instances) and still nothing is changing in-game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 16 Feb 2016 09:07

Try using the NDF_Win.dat from the newest patch, aka the folder with the largest number.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image