AI : adjustements for longer games

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

AI : adjustements for longer games

Postby Salsifi » Mon 7 Sep 2015 14:58

If you want more action with the very hard AI here's a tip :

With mod tools of Wargame, load the NDF_Win.dat file located in the repertory of the current version of AoA in the steam repertory and open the line /patchable/gfx/gdconstanteoriginal.ndfbin

Click on TModernWarfareTunableConstante And set BonusFluxVeryHard to 100 and BonusMoneyVeryHard to 2000

BonusFluxVeryHard is linked to the income gain from the HQ where the value is added.

BonusMoneyVeryHard is the money added to be initial 5000$ at the beginning of the game.
=> if you don't want to face a huge rush at the beginning you can set this bonus at 0 and let the power of the AI grows over the time with the first variable.

Of course, US AI wil have the best benefit of this since US units are mostly based on money. :)

You will see that the AI will build more defenses, large attack groups with full upgrades and more...

More variables are currently investigated but I don't see by now a real effect.

Here's below the variables :

Everything > TIAStratConstantesDescriptor_ActOfRuse

- NbMacroActionAllowedToProduceSimultaneous
(Seems to be linked to number of buildings the AI can build simultaneous or battle group management)

- BonusIAMoneyForSkirmish
- ResourceSuperWeapon
- SuperWeaponProcessDelay
- BaseDefenseMultiplier

- UnitPowerAntiAirMultiplier
- UnitPowerDistrictMultiplier
- UnitPowerAllyStealthMultiplier

- ResourceElectricity
(Seems linked to the electricity the AI must have in addition of the limit to have a blackout)

Gdconstanteoriginal > TModernWarfareTunableConstante 

- BonusFactorForAntiSW

If someone has any clue about these variables and a real vision of what they make... this would be interesting ;)

Megiddo
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: AI : adjustements for longer games

Postby Megiddo » Mon 7 Sep 2015 15:28

Thanks for considering an enhancement mod for the existing AIs.

- BonusIAMoneyForSkirmish
- ResourceSuperWeapon
- SuperWeaponProcessDelay
- BaseDefenseMultiplier

- UnitPowerAntiAirMultiplier
- UnitPowerDistrictMultiplier
- UnitPowerAllyStealthMultiplier

Maybe these ones are related to the amount of resources (fraction of the total income) the AI will spend for specific actions and behaviours (super weapons, base defenses and such), and so defining a certain type of AI behaviour (defensive/rush/tech...etc)?

What do the values look like? (don't have the Tools)

Looking forward to see any of your future "AI special forces" mod for AoA :D
That's the saddest part of the story. I was getting used to think, after nearly three decades of its existence, that the word "Strategy" was the main cornerstone of the RTS genre and golden age.

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

Re: AI : adjustements for longer games

Postby Salsifi » Mon 7 Sep 2015 15:58

Without official mod tools and a full access to NDF files in order to modify the scripts... I'm sad to say that I will not be able to resurrect an AI like on AoW High Treason... :(

We can only make some local changes...
And the worst part of the story is that each patch crushes the mods so...

I just want to find some interesting variables to make an enhancement for who is already bored by the Very Hard AI :)

If one day official mods tools are released the Red Specter AI will rise again :mrgreen: