Tutorial, modding Act of Aggression team colors

ace40k
Sergeant Major

Re: Tutorial, modding Act of Aggression team colors

Postby ace40k » Thu 3 Dec 2015 21:49

General Mig wrote:can you post the code for these team colors please

i would have sent you my modded file so you can replace your default one. but since Eugen is about to release another bugfix this would be pointless as you'd need to mod the new version's file again
"Where do you need a flying tank?" - SuperHind

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 3 Dec 2015 23:39

No, you can share components.ndfbin. Chances are that this will never get patched and using a components.ndfbin from an older version theoretically should not crash the game. Raw Data export components.ndfbin, share it, and other people can Raw Data replace it into any NDF_Win.dat file, new or old.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.0 RELEASED! Click -> Image

Watcher
Corporal

Postby Watcher » Sat 5 Dec 2015 09:56

this is cool.i wonder if we can get same team but different colors?not all blue or all red?that will be awesome!

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Fri 11 Dec 2015 00:03

Watcher wrote:this is cool.i wonder if we can get same team but different colors?not all blue or all red?that will be awesome!

We don't know how to do that, the most we can do is change blue and red, for example I changed them so now I got light grey vs dark grey.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Fri 11 Dec 2015 00:05

The W:AB Noob wrote:No, you can share components.ndfbin. Chances are that this will never get patched and using a components.ndfbin from an older version theoretically should not crash the game. Raw Data export components.ndfbin, share it, and other people can Raw Data replace it into any NDF_Win.dat file, new or old.

You mean all those colors available in components? I though those were needed for neutral buildings, missions, etc, not that I have any interest in playing the campaign again, unless it's to get my red cartel right, it was underwhelming to see them in blue.

Watcher
Corporal

Postby Watcher » Fri 11 Dec 2015 04:54

McNash wrote:
Watcher wrote:this is cool.i wonder if we can get same team but different colors?not all blue or all red?that will be awesome!

We don't know how to do that, the most we can do is change blue and red, for example I changed them so now I got light grey vs dark grey.

yeah,don't know if it is possible.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Dec 2015 00:04

McNash wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:No, you can share components.ndfbin. Chances are that this will never get patched and using a components.ndfbin from an older version theoretically should not crash the game. Raw Data export components.ndfbin, share it, and other people can Raw Data replace it into any NDF_Win.dat file, new or old.

You mean all those colors available in components? I though those were needed for neutral buildings, missions, etc, not that I have any interest in playing the campaign again, unless it's to get my red cartel right, it was underwhelming to see them in blue.

I don't understand what you are talking about...

I was responding to ace40k, who said that for a new patch, you will have to mod it all over again.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sat 12 Dec 2015 02:58

The W:AB Noob wrote:
McNash wrote:

I don't understand what you are talking about...

I was responding to ace40k, who said that for a new patch, you will have to mod it all over again.

No, I am referring to the fact messing up with the colors may have unexpected consequences with the visuals of the game, I haven't noticed anything yet, but I suppose there is some reason why some of the colors are configured to be as they are.

Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sat 12 Dec 2015 07:38

Since the class had the words TeamColors IIRC, I doubt it would mess anything else up. However, I personally don't have AoA, so all my knowledge comes from the 3-day beta test months ago, where there was no singleplayer or campaign.

ace40k
Sergeant Major

Postby ace40k » Mon 14 Dec 2015 22:40

General Mig wrote:can you post the code for these team colors please

sorry, only recently found time to extract them from my old modded file. below they are. just put these into the value fields for AppliedUnitColor, LabelUnitBackgroundColor, LabelUnitBorderColor, etc. they have the "correct" hex code format for AoA already.

Code: Select all

very dark green:
#39413DFF

light gray:
#D9D9D9FF

khaki:
#6BB7BDFF

bluegray:
#998877FF

desert sand:
#87B8DEFF

light green: